Shipping dates for 42MM Apple Watch, Apple Watch Sport slip to July worldwide

Comments

• Reply 21 of 85
    bobschlobbobschlob Posts: 1,074member
    I wish writers would stop using the word "slipped" when describing wait times. They seem to use it interchangeably to describe wait times that have increased, and for wait times that have decreased.
  • Reply 22 of 85
    elmoofoelmoofo Posts: 100member
    My 42mm sport was originally quoted as late June, I got an email saying its expected now in late May. It's not manufacturing... They're speeding up, as evidenced by my delivery date being moved-up a month. It's demand.
  • Reply 23 of 85
    captain jcaptain j Posts: 313member
    slurpy wrote: »
    Clearly, no one wants these watches. Looks like trolls like BF were right- sadly, a catastrophic failure that nobody will buy. 

:rolleyes: right because we know absolutely nothing about supply or demand numbers.
  • Reply 24 of 85
    mrboba1mrboba1 Posts: 276member

Mine started as June (ordered on Apr 12), moved to May 14-20, and is now preparing for shipment.

42mm Sport, white band. US delivery.

For some reference: there are people with multiple orders for different color bands just to see which one ships first. Obviously, I don't think it is *that* many people, but there are some.

And it may just say July because now we are in May, whereas yesterday we were in April and it said June.

• Reply 25 of 85
    jm6032jm6032 Posts: 147member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Right_said_fred View Post

may i ask how many minutes or hours after launch did you place your order?

Data point: Status: Processing Items: Delivery 4/24 to 5/8, 42mm SS Milanese. Order confirmation received 9 minutes after launch.

• Reply 26 of 85
    mac_128mac_128 Posts: 3,454member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by brlawyer View Post

Nope. Terrible supply chain management.

Nope, Maxfield in LA is getting them all for their walk in customers  ...

• Reply 27 of 85
    mac_128mac_128 Posts: 3,454member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by PotatoLeekSoup View Post

Large-faced watches have been especially popular over the last decade. 

I have NEVER seen a rectangular oversized watch face -- they've all been round. Going oversized with a round watch works better than a rectangular shape because it doesn't have the effect of filling the entire wrist like those geeky watch calculators of yore. The corners reduce the overall size of the watch on the wrist.

• Reply 28 of 85
    dachardachar Posts: 330member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by sellerington View Post

My UK order still says shipping June.

My orginal UK order said 12- 26 May. Late last night I received an email to say it was shipped and my 38 mm space grey sports watch arrived this morning. Apple appear to be significantly ahead of their estimated dates, at least for some watches.

• Reply 29 of 85
    wookiee69wookiee69 Posts: 14member
    That's nice. I'm very happy for those who had their watches delivered early. I ordered my 42mm Watch with black Sport band at 3:42 AM on 4/10, and it still says "delivers May 13 - May 27". No early delivery for me, I guess. Bleh.
  • Reply 30 of 85
    tyler82tyler82 Posts: 1,105member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by sog35 View Post

Massive demand.

More like limited supply/ massive production issues. Even Apple admits that much of the hardware is so difficult to make (most recently the faulty taptic hardware). 

• Reply 31 of 85
    sflocalsflocal Posts: 6,101member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by konqerror View Post

RE: "Some critics have complained..."

I'd bet anything they're all men.

"Some critics criticized..."

That's how I read it.  Kind of like "Rain is wet"... :/

• Reply 32 of 85
    lkrupplkrupp Posts: 10,557member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by tyler82 View Post

More like limited supply/ massive production issues. Even Apple admits that much of the hardware is so difficult to make (most recently the faulty taptic hardware). 

Quote:

Cook never said anything of the sort.

Stop spewing BS.

If we’ve learned one thing over the years with Apple it’s that we can confirm our biases either way. Like stock analysts, for every Bull market report we can find an opposing Bear market report, sometimes on the same website page. So those who see failure behind every Apple product launch and marketing campaign will find reasons and reports to back up their pessimistic bias. Conversely the optimistic fans can find reasons and reports to back up their positive bias. The really funny thing is that I suspect Apple doesn’t care either way what we haters or fans post on blogs like AI. The WSJ posted their investigation that suspects one of the suppliers of the Taptic Engine was producing defective parts and Apple had to scramble at the last minute to get replacements from another supplier. We don’t know if that’s true or not so we are free to accept or reject that report based on how we feel about it. Conspiracy theories are very popular when it comes to anything related to Apple. Haters gonna hate and fanboys gonna defend.

• Reply 33 of 85
    lkrupplkrupp Posts: 10,557member
    Quote:

Massive demand.

Quote:

Originally Posted by brlawyer View Post

Neither of you know that, period. We don’t know anything until the numbers are published.

• Reply 34 of 85
    Quote:

Massive demand.

12:01a PT/3:01 ET order confirmation for my 42 SS SBL. Still processing, no charge, no update. 4-6 weeks from the get go. 

Sounds more like supply to me.

• Reply 35 of 85
    slurpyslurpy Posts: 5,384member
    brlawyer wrote: »

You're also a terrible troll, and a terrible liar, by all accounts. Yep- there's no way in hell the Apple watch can be a success, cause you said so- the only POSSIBLE reason for this is almost non-existent supply and "terrible" supply chain management by the best supply chain managers on the planet. Because clearly, lying trolls like you know a lot about the supply chain. Keep twisting logic into knots in order to deny the obvious.
  • Reply 36 of 85
    desuserigndesuserign Posts: 1,316member
    Happend to be in my local Apple St yesterday and was a if Io do thtry on thing, so I did.
    I was pleasantly surprised. The watc are very nice and beautiful ( I assumed.)
    A few surp
    • I couldn't get the MilaLoop over my hand and onto my wrist—it was the smaller watch and they didn't have theme to try. I fin type bra rather confining and uncomforso disappointed.
    • Short-lived disappoi—the bracelet was actually prrtable.
    • The sport watch is amazilighter than the SS watch. I didn't it to be so noticeably much lighter.
    • The larger watch is the onlyto go (but I am a big guy with bifand I'm sure people smaller hands might feel differently.)
    • My favowatch?—The especially the black anodized Sport with black band. Incredibly light, comfortable, and beautiful. Iexpect this (really thought I'd like the SS the best.)
    Conclusion:
    It do me at all that they are having trouble keeping the sport, eslarge one, in stock. Fornot on sight, it was love on the first date man other folks will feel the same way. [disclosure: unlikely I will be getting an Apple Watch soobably not even 1st gen, but I am intrigued.]
  • Reply 37 of 85
    tony411latony411la Posts: 19member

Has anybody that ordered a Black or Silver Stainless Steel with Stainless Band received their ? watch yet?  All I am hearing about is the receipt of either the Sport (regardless of band) and the Stainless with the Milanese band. 

My order confirmation for the Black Stainless with Black Stainless Band was received 5 minutes after launch with a delivery date of May 13-27.  Just trying to determine if that particular configuration is even shipping yet. :???: 

• Reply 38 of 85
    desuserigndesuserign Posts: 1,316member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Mac_128 View Post

I have NEVER seen a rectangular oversized watch face -- they've all been round.

Well here you go!

https://www.google.com/search?q="rectangular+watch"+oversize&lr=&safe=i;hl=en&as_qdr=all&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ei= ;ved=0CEQQsAQ&biw=2551&bih=1280#safe=images&hl=en&as_qdr=all&tbm=isch&q=rectangul+watch+oversize

• Reply 39 of 85
    brlawyerbrlawyer Posts: 828member
    sog35 wrote: »
    reported for negative spamming.

all responsible AppleInsider users should report him also.

Does anyone know how to contact mods directly?  That's the way we got Ben Frost banned.

"Negative spamming" - now that's precious.
  • Reply 40 of 85
    atlappleatlapple Posts: 496member
    Quote:

Massive demand.

You could very well be in the minority when it comes to that opinion. We had an announcement followed by an event six months later, followed by a two week delay before you can order followed by a 4-6 week wait.

Now this..

http://www.businessinsider.com/apple-watch-launch-ruined-taptic-engine-hardware-fault-aac-technologies-holdings-2015-4

Maybe there is massive demand followed by a shit awful rollout.