Apple could be held liable for supporting terrorism with strong iOS encryption, experts theorize

145679

Comments

  • Reply 161 of 183
    nousernouser Posts: 65member

    Not what I'm seeing.

  • Reply 162 of 183
    SpamSandwichSpamSandwich Posts: 33,407member

    Edward Snowden explains why Apple should continue to fight against government demands to break encryption:

     

    https://firstlook.org/theintercept/2015/07/31/exclusive-edward-snowden-says-obama-administrations-war-encryption-just-doesnt-make-sense/

  • Reply 163 of 183
    nousernouser Posts: 65member
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by hill60 View Post

     



    I'd like to know why, when you see those ISIS guys running around, a lot of the time they are armed with American made weapons?


    They are mostly Russian arms that I saw.  What are you seeing that I'm not?

  • Reply 164 of 183

    Was this article stolen from The Onion?

  • Reply 165 of 183
    Doors and walls also aid terrorists. Let's make everyone live in glass houses and then hand out bricks.
  • Reply 166 of 183
    mac_128mac_128 Posts: 3,454member
    Wow what a click-bait post.
  • Reply 167 of 183
    jbelkinjbelkin Posts: 74member
    This is one of those trial balloons floated but the reality - unless there is a terrorist holding an iphone in his hand covered in blood - the link is always tenuous ... because a) this trial will attract so much attention no DOJ attorney wants to publically use this as his/her main legality because as others point out, do you prosecute Kellogg because they ate a bowl of Frosted flakes that morning giving them the strength to press a button? and of course b) the fingerprint lock is NOT temperature activated so if you kill the terrorist or capture them, just grab the finger (or a more gory answer). it's not like fort knox. mostly bureaucrats are idiots.
  • Reply 168 of 183
    charlitunacharlituna Posts: 7,217member
    My first question would be "what did authorities do to try to stop this without resorting to needing iPhone data", cause they didn't have it for years and they still managed to hunt criminals etc down.

    So if they just tossed up their hands and did nothing cause they couldn't get the phone data I'm suing them, not Apple
  • Reply 169 of 183
    muppetrymuppetry Posts: 3,331member
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by charlituna View Post



    My first question would be "what did authorities do to try to stop this without resorting to needing iPhone data", cause they didn't have it for years and they still managed to hunt criminals etc down.



    So if they just tossed up their hands and did nothing cause they couldn't get the phone data I'm suing them, not Apple



    This is an article about a blog about another blog baselessly speculating about what the US Government might choose to do in the future. It has no purpose other than to attract page hits by playing on the widespread paranoia that developed after Snowden's disclosures.  

  • Reply 170 of 183
    yumyumyumyum Posts: 2member
    Maybe the U.S. government is responsible for terrorism for allegedly funding terrorist groups around the world for the past 40 years.
  • Reply 171 of 183



    "Those who choose to give up freedom for security deserve none" Benjamin Franklin

    Want to take back control of our government, get involved. It's getting dangerous in America. Our government is nothing like what the Constitution or the Founding Fathers planned. It may be too late to change it. Even the IRS has a swat team.

    Apple could just move. They are already multi national.

  • Reply 172 of 183

    These "experts" are clearly ridiculous in their assertions!  

     

    Kudos to Apple for implementing strong crypto, anything less is unacceptable.  

  • Reply 173 of 183
    hill60hill60 Posts: 6,992member
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by nouser View Post

     

    They are mostly Russian arms that I saw.  What are you seeing that I'm not?


    CREATOR: gd-jpeg v1.0 (using IJG JPEG v62), quality = 85

  • Reply 174 of 183
    qvakqvak Posts: 86member
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by hill60 View Post

     

    CREATOR: gd-jpeg v1.0 (using IJG JPEG v62), quality = 85


     

    Speaking of which, can anyone explain this photo?

     

     

    See a lot of people are saying it is disinfo but someone took the video and frame by frame synchronized it to the actual beheading video and guess what, they match.

  • Reply 175 of 183
    qvak wrote: »

    Do you have links for the videos or the story?


    My God -- Are they green screening beheadings, now?
  • Reply 176 of 183
    arlorarlor Posts: 529member
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by qvak View Post

     

     

    Speaking of which, can anyone explain this photo?

     

     

    See a lot of people are saying it is disinfo but someone took the video and frame by frame synchronized it to the actual beheading video and guess what, they match.


     

    The giant CIA and illumaniti logos on the walls are SUPER credible.

  • Reply 177 of 183
    tallest skiltallest skil Posts: 43,399member
    Originally Posted by qvak View Post

    Speaking of which, can anyone explain this photo?

     

    Here’s the thing. If they’re faking the beheadings, then the people are still alive. So… what, they’re just in prison somewhere? Or maybe they were shot. But so why not show them just being shot?

     

    Here’s the other thing. Why would a psyop want or need to fake anything? 

  • Reply 178 of 183
    qvakqvak Posts: 86member
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

     

     

    Here’s the thing. If they’re faking the beheadings, then the people are still alive. So… what, they’re just in prison somewhere? Or maybe they were shot. But so why not show them just being shot?

     

    Here’s the other thing. Why would a psyop want or need to fake anything? 


     

    The vid I saw the guy's hands were untied. He would lay them at his sided while they inched over/adjusted their positions.

     

    Why fake anything? Who knows. Easier to control the variables maybe and the end result is the same maybe.

     

    Fake or not I didn't need ISIS videos to determine that hajis are bad news.

     

    The really frustrating thing is that while a game is obviously afoot, we have no idea what the rules are or what the prize is and whose side everyone is on.

  • Reply 179 of 183
    zoso4zoso4 Posts: 11member
    Maybe they just wanted it to appear as if it were in the desert, when it was not. An effect thing.
  • Reply 180 of 183
    dunksdunks Posts: 1,254member
    By that logic, so could trees for supplying oxygen.
Sign In or Register to comment.