MWNY predictions...

Comments

• Reply 81 of 114
    flounderflounder Posts: 2,674member
    Well, according to Thinksecret (I just read the summary at macrumors I admit) the Apple booth is very open without any security.

Makes it seem fairly likely we'll be getting exactly squat.....
  • Reply 82 of 114
    bigcbigc Posts: 1,224member
    ...could be a ruse, PowerBooks are real small. Maybe they'll just carry a couple in and set them down when no ones looking.
  • Reply 83 of 114
    Quote:

Originally posted by Bigc

...could be a ruse, PowerBooks are real small. Maybe they'll just carry a couple in and set them down when no ones looking.

This is kind of funny, but honestly, I wouldn't be surprised. The best way to keep a secret is to convince people there is no secret, right?
  • Reply 84 of 114
    taliesintaliesin Posts: 117member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Delphiki

This is kind of funny, but honestly, I wouldn't be surprised. The best way to keep a secret is to convince people there is no secret, right?

Riiiiight , wanna buy an iBridge? Maybe the one in Brooklyn?

Seriously I can't remember a time where so much was expected and so little was leaked beforehand. My guess is we're hosed. I am sooo hoping I am wrong tho'
  • Reply 85 of 114
    idaveidave Posts: 1,283member
    I wonder if there's any vacant unused counter space in that booth.

Frankly, I don't think Apple's ready with the PowerBooks. We shall see.
  • Reply 86 of 114
    Why not? They can get everything into a 12" frame and a 17" frame. A 15.4" frame doesnt seem like that much of a stretch. A source said look and listen on the 16th... I guess we shall see.
  • Reply 87 of 114
    cubitcubit Posts: 846member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Paul

with any luck I will be there.... and if I can find a suitable power outlet I will be posting live updates to the AI chatroom like I did for the WWDC keynote at the SoHo store...

That would be great Paul. I was a beneficiary of your broadcast to the SoHo store on that day. I got there early, luckily, so i actually got a seat. On this occasion I'm not sure what we'll get, but this thread sure shows what people want. Hope to see you there!
  • Reply 88 of 114
    cubitcubit Posts: 846member
    Quote:

Originally posted by djbsquared

Why not? They can get everything into a 12" frame and a 17" frame. A 15.4" frame doesnt seem like that much of a stretch. One of my sources at apple said look and listen on the 16th... I guess we shall see.

From deep within the bowels of Cupertino... Well I think we know what will be coming out of those recesses this week
  • Reply 89 of 114
    idaveidave Posts: 1,283member
    Quote:

Originally posted by djbsquared

Why not? They can get everything into a 12" frame and a 17" frame. A 15.4" frame doesnt seem like that much of a stretch.

I don't expect Apple wants to move the 15" to an aluminum body without a speed bump. If they don't have the chips, they don't have the chips.
  • Reply 90 of 114
    omekomek Posts: 43member
    Perhaps Apple will quietly introduce the 15" tomorrow.... they do like Tuesdays for some odd reason...\

Then Joswiac doesn't have to announce them, because they'll already be announced...
  • Reply 91 of 114
    Quote:

Originally posted by Flounder

Well, according to Thinksecret (I just read the summary at macrumors I admit) the Apple booth is very open without any security.

Makes it seem fairly likely we'll be getting exactly squat.....

Although, new 15" Powerbooks would pretty much look just like the old TiBooks and the new 12" and 17" Powerbooks, so there might not be as much of an urgent need to protect the secret as with...say...the G4 cube.
  • Reply 92 of 114
    omekomek Posts: 43member
    True dat AppleMaster...

ThinkSecret is quick to assume that there will be NO product announcements whatsoever... I tend to dissagree. Just because they don't have tight security around Apple's booth doesn't mean squat! That doesn't mean they can't announce new hardware... It's just rediculous!

I say that he's going to give us updated Powerbooks and a new Keyboard and Mouse. Although, I must say that I also think it's possible that Apple will release the new PB's on Tuesday, before the expo.

You know how Apple likes its Tuedays....
  • Reply 93 of 114
    applenutapplenut Posts: 5,768member
    \

Denial is a bad quality
  • Reply 94 of 114
    shawkshawk Posts: 116member
    An updated G5 xServe could look like the current G4 xServe.
  • Reply 95 of 114
    onitonit Posts: 44member
    Quote:

Originally posted by iDave

I don't expect Apple wants to move the 15" to an aluminum body without a speed bump. If they don't have the chips, they don't have the chips.

You're absolutely right. Though I can't tear myself from the boards and the rumor sites. They just don't have 7457's ready to go if they were bumped to Q3 from Q4. Q3 just started.
  • Reply 96 of 114
    elricelric Posts: 230member
    Thought they were bumped from q4 to q3...
  • Reply 97 of 114
    delphikidelphiki Posts: 76member
    I think Apple just really wants me to buy a PC notebook.
  • Reply 98 of 114
    onitonit Posts: 44member
    Quote:

As I said, the 7457's were bumped to Q3 by Motorola. It's not Apple's fault if the chips aren't available.
  • Reply 99 of 114
    onlookeronlooker Posts: 5,252member
    MWNY Creative Pro announcements. What announcements? There wont be any.
  • Reply 100 of 114
    gargar Posts: 1,201member
    Quote:

what would bean have done in this situation?

think, think, think!!!