G5-2.5 shipping dates.

Posted:
in Current Mac Hardware edited January 2014
I ordered mine on the morning following the announcement and my confirmation says on or before 2nd August. What is the earliest shipping date for the G5?

On a rather disappointing note it says here that we should expect delays owing to problems in supply of the cooling units.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 335
    ordered 6/13

Shipping date: on or before 7/30

Dual 2.5ghz

250 GB hard drive

256 MB video card

Airport extreme....

If it's delayed, I'm going to have to switch my order :-(
  • Reply 2 of 335
    Pardon me, but wasn't croquer the site that, just a month ago, was predicting 2.2, 2.4 and 3.0GHz Power Macs (975, no less) at WWDC?
  • Reply 3 of 335
    addisonaddison Posts: 1,185member
    Quote:

Originally posted by BrunoBruin

Pardon me, but wasn't croquer the site that, just a month ago, was predicting 2.2, 2.4 and 3.0GHz Power Macs (975, no less) at WWDC?

Yes that RUMOUR was wrong.
  • Reply 4 of 335
    addisonaddison Posts: 1,185member
    My shipping date has moved forward from the 2nd August to "By 31st July" ok it's only three days.

What is the earliest shipment date from Apple for the 2.5ghz machines?
  • Reply 5 of 335
    kcom2006kcom2006 Posts: 69member
    Hey just place my order for a PowerMac G5 2.5!!!

1.5GB DDR400 (PC3200)

250GB Serial ATA-7200rpm

8x Super Drive (DVD-R/CD-RW)

NVIDIA GeForce 6800 Ultra DDL

Airport Extreme Card

BlueTooth + Apple WWireless Keyboard & Mouse

Final Cut Express 2

Ordered July 9th

Ships on or before July 30th!!!

Oh yeah I also got a 23" monitor on the way!
  • Reply 6 of 335
    auroraaurora Posts: 1,142member
    Im happy for everyone! I also said heck with subpar performance and just ordered the monster! I was told shipping on july 28th but it will take a extra day or so for some options i had the reseller put in it. I cant believe i did it! well no more worry about whats going into the next iMac G4 - G5 and what have you hope i wont need a plumber.
  • Reply 7 of 335
    I don't doubt there are delays associated with the cooling, but I ordered a Duallie 1.8 on June 16, and delivery has been pushed back yet again, this time until July 23.

Argh! I finally get off my wallet, and ...

Oh well. Life is good.

Options:

160 GB HD

9600XT vid card
  • Reply 8 of 335
    majormattmajormatt Posts: 1,077member
    Are they are Apple stores? why not buy them there?
  • Reply 9 of 335
    In my case, there is not AppleStore anywhere near me, and I'd rather keep a local dealer in business as opposed to giving all of my business to a website.

And this way, I have someone to complain to in person!

Forgive my ignorance - you can customize a purchase at the AppleStore (beyond RAM)? Cool!
  • Reply 10 of 335
    ipodandimacipodandimac Posts: 3,273member
    Quote:

Originally posted by KCOM2006

Hey just place my order for a PowerMac G5 2.5!!!

1.5GB DDR400 (PC3200)

250GB Serial ATA-7200rpm

8x Super Drive (DVD-R/CD-RW)

NVIDIA GeForce 6800 Ultra DDL

Airport Extreme Card

BlueTooth + Apple WWireless Keyboard & Mouse

Final Cut Express 2

Ordered July 9th

Ships on or before July 30th!!!

Oh yeah I also got a 23" monitor on the way!

you spent all that money on the display, graphics card, hard drive, and ram, but you didnt get final cut pro??

anyways--its impossible for it to ship so soon b/c the graphics card wont be ready until august. well, july 30 is almost aug, but still, i would expect delays
  • Reply 11 of 335
    You ordered July 9th and have a july 30th shipping date? how?...omg we have the same shipping dates, but I ordered a month earlier...
  • Reply 12 of 335
    In order to make room for my new 2.5 G5, I'm selling my 2 month old 1.8 G5. If you are interested in a GREAT DEAL
  • Reply 13 of 335
    emig647emig647 Posts: 2,455member
    Quote:

Originally posted by ipodandimac

you spent all that money on the display, graphics card, hard drive, and ram, but you didnt get final cut pro??

anyways--its impossible for it to ship so soon b/c the graphics card wont be ready until august. well, july 30 is almost aug, but still, i would expect delays

Actually had to change my order from nvidia 6800 to ati 9800xt because it was going to be august 30th for shipping... even though the email said july 30th... I called them and they confirmed august 30th.
  • Reply 14 of 335
    fugimaxfugimax Posts: 31member
    Just ordered mine today..

Dual 2.5gHz

9800 XT

160GB SATA

1 GB RAM

Bluetooth

Ships "On or before 7/30/2004"
  • Reply 15 of 335
    Why did you pay for apples high ram prices? You could have gone to newegg... and bought a gig for 164 dollars... so you would have had the 512 free... so for 164 dollars you could have 1.5gb ram... 4 slots used, 4 left. You could have saved 100 bucks
  • Reply 16 of 335
    I should mention that I bought my G5 through ADC..

The difference was slight ($15 more than newegg or owc). A premium I'll pay to have guaranteed working RAM. Why the chances are minimal of anything going wrong if I put my own RAM in, I'd rather not mess with it...especially over $15.
  • Reply 17 of 335
    I also bought mine through ADC...

I still only got 512mb of ram... main reason is because I don't have any clue what kind of ram apple uses... I didn't want to pay that much money for ram with a CAS of 3-3-3 or something that I could do better with Crucial ram. Crucial and Viking is cheap enough that I'll take the 512 and pay the same for another 1 gig to get 1.5gigs; same price as 1 gig I get 1.5gigs.... and ram I know is top of the line.

I've been building systems for a few years and haven't ever had a problem with Crucial memory. I have also always added my own ram to my mac and never once had a problem. I did have a friend who put a pc133 in a pc66 slot and fried the slot. But thats his fault . Its hard to go wrong with DDR PC3200 Non-ECC ram

Plus side to you is you'll have 6 slots and I'll have 4 left.

But when I'm ready to throw out the 'free' 2x512 apple gave me... i'll just throw it in a PC.
  • Reply 18 of 335
    BTW fugi... Hope you get yours before july 30th... I actually got mine a week after they were introduced and I have a funny feeling apple is going to go........ 2nd week of august since we had such a high demand. Like they did last year with the dual 2ghz g5. I hope not though. I'm really anxious.

One thing you and I have over others is the fact that we're devs. So hopefully that gives us priority over others... Also we'll be treated better if anything goes wrong.
  • Reply 19 of 335
    Ya...when our watercooling busts open and squirts all over, we'll have an easy time getting it replaced.

As for Apple delaying...ya, I have a feeling that will happen. I hope not, of course, but ordering a new G5 this late in the game...and getting a ship date just like everyone else's..

I have a feeling their waiting on the manufacturing of some component. It's probably supposed to be there the 28th or 29th or something. If that component gets delayed....eek.
  • Reply 20 of 335
    The way I look at it,

If people don't start receiving their g5's by next week... then its going to be delayed... why next week?

They aren't going to ship them all at once I wouldn't think. If they have 500 in stock... why not ship them. These are one of the few that are manufactured in the US. Perhaps the water cooling system isn't? doubt it isn't.