What could this be?

Comments

• Reply 461 of 525
    macsrgood4umacsrgood4u Posts: 3,007member
    Quote:

Originally posted by T'hain Esh Kelch

Care to upload a pict of the blue channel?

Look at the postt above by JtheLemur. If you have an LCD you need to tip it. The words "Fake Fake Fake" appear.
  • Reply 462 of 525
    I just looked at it in blue channel, and I must say very clever.
  • Reply 463 of 525
    kcmackcmac Posts: 1,051member
    Come on philbot. Give us another.
  • Reply 464 of 525
    philbotphilbot Posts: 240member
    Thank you gentlemen!

I hope I have kept a few (70,000+) people entertained for a couple of days!

Can't wait for Tuesday now...

can you?

PS. yes it was a LaCie 20" LCD in a powerbook box.

Aah gotta love Photoshop!
  • Reply 465 of 525
    glenglen Posts: 32member
    Quote:

Originally posted by monkeyastronaut

It's an old studio monitor box.

Yes, it may well be an old display box, but read the comment underneath by the guy who *claims* he took the picture for iPodFrance:

Quote:

Posted Aug 28, 2004, 4:45 PM ET by cyril

it is not the new imac. we took the picture at http://www.ipodfrance.com and it is a screen

But come tomorrow on the site, we might have somet ing more interesting ...;-)

It had beetter not be another wind-up! Although the last one was very good (kudos to philbot - tell us what it really was!) I don't think I can stand having my hopes raised again - I can barely sleep as it is!
  • Reply 466 of 525
    Phil you messer!!!!
  • Reply 467 of 525
    Phil. You get the P.T. Barnum Award. Where shall we send it?
  • Reply 468 of 525
    philbotphilbot Posts: 240member
    well, in a years time we'll probably be speculating about a quad G5, or G6.

Then I shall strike again!!!

Muahahaha!!!

God, the waiting's almost painful.
  • Reply 469 of 525
    Phil, I'm sending your address to the Unibomber. You should be receiving the first package in the mail within a week. Please open immediately at close range!
  • Reply 470 of 525
    cindercinder Posts: 381member
    Didn't fool me.

That thing is ugly
  • Reply 471 of 525
    kelibkelib Posts: 740member
    Thank God it's not the new iMac
  • Reply 472 of 525
    Quote:

Originally posted by philbot

Thank you gentlemen!

I hope I have kept a few (70,000+) people entertained for a couple of days!

PS. yes it was a LaCie 20" LCD in a powerbook box.

Aah gotta love Photoshop!

I'm constantly amazed at the "Oh gee, that was a good one" attitude of AI members when hoaxes like this are perpetrated by one of our own. philbot is a jerk for even considering such a selfish and juvenile endeavor.

Sh*t like this gives the Mac rumor community and AI in particular a bad name and everyone applauds it? I don't get it. We're supposed to be here to help each other sift through the signal to noise ratio, not add to it.
  • Reply 473 of 525
    kelibkelib Posts: 740member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Ensign Pulver

I'm constantly amazed at the "Oh gee, that was a good one" attitude of AI members when hoaxes like this are perpetrated by one of our own. philbot is a jerk for even considering such a selfish and juvenile endeavor.

Sh*t like this gives the Mac rumor community and AI in particular a bad name and everyone applauds it? I don't get it. We're supposed to be here to help each other sift through the signal to noise ratio, not add to it.

Couldn't agree more. It's just pathetic. I guess those who belived it think they don't look as bad if they take it with a smile
  • Reply 474 of 525
    What does it really matter anyway? The iMac introduction is less than three days away now. At worst, Phil's hoax was a distraction. And the way some of your lives seem to revolve around the G5 iMac, I think some levity is badly needed. You people take this stuff WAY too seriously. It's just a freakin computer.
  • Reply 475 of 525
    kcmackcmac Posts: 1,051member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Ensign Pulver

I don't quite get your attitude. I see these things as a way to pass time waiting for the newest thing from Apple.

Hoax or real it is always interesting to see how enthusiastic people get whether they buy into it or fight it.

And sometimes these "hoaxes" turn out to be real.

Bring on the next one I say. Late Monday can't get here soon enough.
  • Reply 476 of 525
    Philbot,

You really ARE from Betelgeuse !

• Reply 477 of 525
    spcmsspcms Posts: 407member
    The folder-icon of this thread actually turned green. What's up with that?
  • Reply 478 of 525
    Quote:

Originally posted by SpcMs

The folder-icon of this thread actually turned green. What's up with that?

Kermit!
  • Reply 479 of 525
    vinney57vinney57 Posts: 1,162member
    Can I say "I told you so" now?

• Reply 480 of 525
    I think philbot is really Phil Schiller. He knows he can't deliver a keynote nearly as well as Steve Jobs so he posted the picture of an ugly iMac G5 to lower our expectations. That way when he unveils the real deal it will look all that much better to us and he will receive thundering applause.