OFFICIAL NFL thread

Comments

• Reply 181 of 278
    ^^^ Not to mention the fact that the Raiders and Callahan were still playing Gruden's playbook! Idiots...

As far as that CHEAP shot that Donovin Darius put on Robert Ferguson yesterday, Darius better watch his back for awhile...
  • Reply 182 of 278
    rokrok Posts: 3,519member
    Quote:

Originally posted by hardhead

^^^ Not to mention the fact that the Raiders and Callahan were still playing Gruden's playbook! Idiots...

As far as that CHEAP shot that Donovin Darius put on Robert Ferguson yesterday, Darius better watch his back for awhile...

yeah, i remember when they had john lynch being recorded and he commented during the super bowl on how they were running every play they saw in practice. the joke around tampa was that jon gruden took TWO teams to the super bowl that year.

but seriously, they broke a lot of curses that year... winning on the road in the cold against the eagles. and no one will ever take it away from them. BUT, from the looks of things, it might be a LONG time before tampa ever gets that kind of planet-alignment in their favor again. i was thinking it was all thanks to coach dungy, but now it seems like it was both him and rich mckay that really made that team, and gruden caught a wave of momentum, as he was in the right place at the right time.

i have heard about this ferguson hit a couple different places, but have yet to see it. anyone find a copy online?
  • Reply 183 of 278
    pbg4 dudepbg4 dude Posts: 1,611member
    I can't find a video but here's a pictorial timeline:

NEW PHOTO. First part for clothesline hit.

Last part of clothesline hit. The hit looked like a play straight out of the WWE. Ferguson ran up to him with his left arm fully extended and hit Darius right in the Adam's apple.

Down for the count, notice lack of helmut (mouthguard was first to fly away). Notice that even though he was knocked unconscious, Darius still got the completion :awe:.

Taking no chances aka "I can't feel my legs".

• Reply 184 of 278
    buonrottobuonrotto Posts: 6,368member
    Quote:

Originally posted by PBG4 Dude

Now if only the point kicker did his job.

Thought I should point out that the kicker never had a chance. Bad snap, no recovery by the place-holder. Kicker couldn't even spit at the ball.

So? T.O. is out, basically for the season though there's a slight chance he'll be back in time for the Superbowl if they make it, and playing at far less than 100%. I see big problems for the Eagles now: McNabb might try to win every game on his own. He's good enough to win most, but not late in the playoffs. Pinkston and Mitchell drop passes like crazy. There goes the passing game anyway. I'm still not totally convinced of Westbrook, but I do think their run defense has improved a good bit this year.
  • Reply 185 of 278
    Yea, my bad. I went back and edited my original post. I got the bad snap mixed up with a bad field goal attempt in the game on the other channel.
  • Reply 186 of 278
    rokrok Posts: 3,519member
    Quote:

Originally posted by BuonRotto

Thought I should point out that the kicker never had a chance. Bad snap, no recovery by the place-holder. Kicker couldn't even spit at the ball.

So? T.O. is out, basically for the season though there's a slight chance he'll be back in time for the Superbowl if they make it, and playing at far less than 100%. I see big problems for the Eagles now: McNabb might try to win every game on his own. He's good enough to win most, but not late in the playoffs. Pinkston and Mitchell drop passes like crazy. There goes the passing game anyway. I'm still not totally convinced of Westbrook, but I do think their run defense has improved a good bit this year.

the biggest problem, obviously, with t.o. going down is that teams can rotate heavier coverage on mcnabb's other receivers, and they just do not have the physical tools t.o. does to overcome them. then again, mcnabb still remembers how to run really well, so they may dip into that part of the playbook deep into the playoffs. good thing the rest of the nfc is so bad... even the eagles' first playoff will likely feel like a bye (especially if it's against an nfc west team).

kinda makes you wish there was some sort of "last resort" contingency that would allow the nfl to give wild card slots to any good teams, regardless of conference. but that would kinda ruin division rivalries.
  • Reply 187 of 278
    pfflampfflam Posts: 5,053member
    Philly just lost the playoffs . . .

anyway , . . Whata GREAT game for Miami tonight!!!!!

They played their asses off and finally showed everybody that the Pats were not mistakenly listed as the #2 team . . . .everybodies little sweethearts got beaten by a 2 and 11 team!!

And to listen to the non-stop arse-licking from Madden and Michaels during that game . . . kissing the brown of everyting Patriots was just stumach turning . . .

and ever notice how god-awful the coverage of football is these days: 2 minutes of game for every 20 minutes of crowd, owners, close-ups of Brady, truck-commercials, more quick inset commercials read by the announcers, more commercials, more fancy useless camera angles more cuts to female sideline announcers with some useless statistic that they made up off the top of their head, then previews of upcoming TV shows, then quick, one more close-up of Brady, then cu tto: at the snap, so all you see is a blur . . . . then, immediately back to the whole thing-besides-the-game again . . .grrr

its disgusting . . . .
  • Reply 188 of 278
    Jeebuz, Miami beat New England?! Son of a gun. Patriots took the Dolphins a little too lightly.
  • Reply 189 of 278
    sdw2001sdw2001 Posts: 18,026member
    Quote:

Originally posted by pfflam

Philly just lost the playoffs . . .

anyway , . . Whata GREAT game for Miami tonight!!!!!

They played their asses off and finally showed everybody that the Pats were not mistakenly listed as the #2 team . . . .everybodies little sweethearts got beaten by a 2 and 11 team!!

And to listen to the non-stop arse-licking from Madden and Michaels during that game . . . kissing the brown of everyting Patriots was just stumach turning . . .

and ever notice how god-awful the coverage of football is these days: 2 minutes of game for every 20 minutes of crowd, owners, close-ups of Brady, truck-commercials, more quick inset commercials read by the announcers, more commercials, more fancy useless camera angles more cuts to female sideline announcers with some useless statistic that they made up off the top of their head, then previews of upcoming TV shows, then quick, one more close-up of Brady, then cu tto: at the snap, so all you see is a blur . . . . then, immediately back to the whole thing-besides-the-game again . . .grrr

its disgusting . . . .

I think Philly will step up this time.

I agree about the coverage. I was just noticing it the other day. It's so distracting.
  • Reply 190 of 278
    Quote:

Jeebuz, Miami beat New England?! Son of a gun. Patriots took the Dolphins a little too lightly.

Yea, did you see the Dr. Phil satire pre-game? Dr. Phil interviewed the two teams' mascots. The only issue the Patriot mascot had was its two superbowl rings were rubbing together. That may have helped to fire the Dolphins up.
  • Reply 191 of 278
    PBG4 DUDE, +

SDW2001, ++

pfflam, +++!
  • Reply 192 of 278
    iposteriposter Posts: 1,560member
    TO being out makes this Monday nighter much more interesting. Instead of seeing the starters for maybe a quarter, Reid will need to leave McNabb in to try to develop a new rhythm on offense. But at least it's only the Rams...

The S.B. has gone from being a 'lock' for the Eagles to a challenge, but remember that Westbrook was out in the playoffs last year, he may be able to make enough of a difference to free up the WR and TE's...

(Big IF that would solve the Eagles' running game: The Edge as an Eagle next year, anyone??)
  • Reply 193 of 278
    I think even with T.O.'s injury, the Eagles still have the best shot the NFC Championship.

On the other hand iPoster, I don't think any NFC team can beat the Stealers or the Patriots in this coming Super Bowl. Watch out for San Diego. Their HOT right now...
  • Reply 194 of 278
    iposteriposter Posts: 1,560member
    Quote:

I think even with T.O.'s injury, the Eagles still have the best shot the NFC Championship.

On the other hand iPoster, I don't think any NFC team can beat the Stealers or the Patriots in this coming Super Bowl. Watch out for San Diego. Their HOT right now...

By 'lock' I meant making the Super Bowl, not a lock to win it...I'm not that rabid a Philly Phan....

And you do know the Pats just lost to a 2-11 team...so the're not invulnerable...the Steelers do look hardcore...but I don't know about a rookie QB cutting it in the post-season, when they will be facing teams that can stop the run...is there a precedent for rookie QB's winning the Super Bowl??
  • Reply 195 of 278
    Someone correct me if I'm wrong. I don't believe ANY rookie has ever been the QB for the winning Super Bowl team.
  • Reply 196 of 278
    thttht Posts: 5,605member
    Arrrggghhh! Vikes have no D.
  • Reply 197 of 278
    I take it back... for know.
  • Reply 198 of 278
    Aargggghhhhh... Vikes D sucks so bad. And on top of that, their O can't generate the game winning drive when it needs to. Hence, Culpepper should never have gotten the big contract.
  • Reply 199 of 278
    Reggie White... RIP
  • Reply 200 of 278
    Woohoo!! Vikes win!

They did what they couldn't do in too many games over the last few years. They produced a clinching score, a clinching drive, and defensive stop in the 4th quarter when in mattered most.

Hmmm, is it me or is there a concerted effort by the FOX NFL crew to show outrage of Randy Moss' actions? Not sure if it was real or not. Was the "faux mooning" touchdown celebration over the line or not?