• Reply 82 of 268
    pfflampfflam Posts: 5,053member
    can't get it to work.
  • Reply 83 of 268
    Quote:

Originally posted by pfflam

can't get it to work.

Quote:

MSN Video works with Microsoft© Internet Explorer 6, Microsoft© Media Player 10, and Macromedia Flash 7. To download these free software applications, click the links below and follow the on-screen instructions.

• Reply 84 of 268
    naplesxnaplesx Posts: 3,743member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Gene Clean

If your trying to get MSN videos to play, I know that MSNBC site videos do not play on a mac.

I am not sure about MSN, but I'm sure it is the same MS tactic. I try not to visit any site that has MS in the name fro that reason.
  • Reply 85 of 268
    Quote:

Originally posted by NaplesX

Man you are dense.

The evacuation plan was to take 3 days, not the two that they had!

The scope of the rescue is huge. Just open your eyes. 100,000 people there, fires everywhere, water covering 85% of the city, roaming gangs of gunmen, looters and on and on and on. There only a few roads into the area.

Let's just be real for a little while, please.

Stop being a retard. I you trying to pretend to be a complete fucking idiot? How hard is it to air drop water and food?
  • Reply 86 of 268
    Quote:

Originally posted by the cool gut

Stop being a retard. I you trying to pretend to be a complete fucking idiot? How hard is it to air drop water and food?

Not hard when your not being shot at or trying to air rescue countless numbers of humans.

However right now it's real hard.
  • Reply 87 of 268
    giantgiant Posts: 6,041member
    Quote:

I am not sure about MSN

Well, then maybe you should read gene's post (you quoted, after all) instead of giving us an unwanted op-ed on your browsing habits.
  • Reply 88 of 268
    I keep thinking that hopefully this will lead to better emergency preparedness in the future. The fact that we are this far into the whole thing without aid for these people is unacceptable.

I also find it hard to believe that they can't use choppers to bring in food and water to these people. We've had choppers flying over urban war zones for decades. People are dying in the street and their bodies are being left to rot ... in the United States
  • Reply 89 of 268
    midwintermidwinter Posts: 10,060member
    I keep wondering whether some kind of economy has emerged in the rubble of NO. I started wondering as I watched people looting things that just didn't make any sense?TVs and whatnot. All it would take is for a gang to take over a Schweggman's (grocery store) and force people to barter for goods.

Has anyone heard anything?
  • Reply 90 of 268
    Quote:

Originally posted by Bronxite

I'll respond to your idiotic post later but for now I pose this question...

Would you care as much if all these people were white?

Also, would you be more critical of the people themselves?

first off, where the hell did i mention anything about white or black or whatever skin color someone is in my post?

second, i'd LOVE to hear your response to me pointing out given information since i'm so "idiotic" according to you.

Quote:

That is just racist to the max.

I am not sure where you're getting your information, but there is an unprecidented amount of aid on the way there.

if you want to bring up racism, i'll go ahead and do it:

Two residents wade through chest-deep water after finding bread and soda from a local grocery store after Hurricane Katrina came through the area in New Orleans, Louisiana.(AFP/Getty Images/Chris Graythen)

news.yahoo.com/photo/050830/photos_ts_afp/050830071810_shxwaoma_photo1

A young man walks through chest deep flood water after looting a grocery store in New Orleans on Tuesday, Aug. 30, 2005. Flood waters continue to rise in New Orleans after Hurricane Katrina did extensive damage when it made landfall on Monday. (AP Photo/Dave Martin)

news.yahoo.com/photo/050830/480/ladm10208301530

those are all DIRECT QUOTES from the media. why are the black folk "looters" while the white people just happen to "find" food? we knew the media was already racist though.

i'm sure as hell willin to believe that it doesnt help new orleans is a predominantly black city.

theres no excuse for this crap period. wheres FEMA? where was the aid to the superdome? if buses (days after) can arrive then obviously help can be sent. obviously if they can get there everyone else can. the superdome is dry and obviously these vehicles can drive in and out of the city still. its all well that there are federal grants being porposed yada yada but what needs to be done is GETTING EVERYONE THE HELL OUT OF THERE. that CAN be done and IS NOT BEING DONE. instead of spending money to fix things in NO and prevent much of the disaster from occuring or getting help to that city IMMEDIATELY, it is cut and we go fight a war in iraq because the bush regime "thought" saddam had WMDs. oops, guess that never worked out huh.

where's bush? oh, here he is !

caption: President Bush plays a guitar presented to him by Country Singer Mark Wills, right, backstage following his visit to Naval Base Coronado, Tuesday, Aug. 30, 2005. Bush visited the base to deliver remarks on V-J Commemoration Day. (AP Photo/ABC News, Martha Raddatz).

heaven forbid dubya had to take off from his vacation!

there are many efforts and many many great & courageous firefighters, volunteers, rescue workers doing what they can and i applaud them for that. those people are the true heroes. what im sayin though is look at all the news available and what isnt being done. we live in the so called richest country in the world, the so-called u.s. of a. yet we cant get these people all the help they need. if you cant see my train of thought you are a dimwit, simple as that.:
  • Reply 91 of 268
    Quote:

Originally posted by TigerWoods99

there are many efforts and many many great & courageous firefighters, volunteers, rescue workers doing what they can and i applaud them for that. those people are the true heroes. what im sayin though is look at all the news available and what isnt being done. we live in the so called richest country in the world, the so-called u.s. of a. yet we cant get these people all the help they need. if you cant see my train of thought you are a dimwit, simple as that.:

That was a great rant.

The thing you are obviously missing is money means nothing in this kind of situation - nada.

You can ride in on a moneytruck and it won't feed anyone unless they can digest paper and ink and it wont quench anyones thirst.

You need people and equipment there on the ground. You can't get them there effectively until the water is gone. You can't make the waters go away until they fix the breaches in the levees. They have to rescue people that are stranded. Thay can't do that if they are at risk of being killed while doing it. They need to get more people on the ground but we also need those people to help rescue other people. It is a catch 22 all around, there's no way around it. One thing depends on the next.

I don't know how to break it to you. Money is not the issue here.
  • Reply 92 of 268
    Niteline on NBC is outlining the ridiculous situation the criminal element is exposing everyone to.

Sick bastards.
  • Reply 93 of 268
    dmzdmz Posts: 5,775member
    Update from the redcross.org page:

Total Collectedt$21,364,680

Number of Donorst147,916
  • Reply 94 of 268
    Quote:

Originally posted by TigerWoods99

first off, where the hell did i mention anything about white or black or whatever skin color someone is in my post?

second, i'd LOVE to hear your response to me pointing out given information since i'm so "idiotic" according to you.

if you want to bring up racism, i'll go ahead and do it:

Two residents wade through chest-deep water after finding bread and soda from a local grocery store after Hurricane Katrina came through the area in New Orleans, Louisiana.(AFP/Getty Images/Chris Graythen)

news.yahoo.com/photo/050830/photos_ts_afp/050830071810_shxwaoma_photo1

A young man walks through chest deep flood water after looting a grocery store in New Orleans on Tuesday, Aug. 30, 2005. Flood waters continue to rise in New Orleans after Hurricane Katrina did extensive damage when it made landfall on Monday. (AP Photo/Dave Martin)

news.yahoo.com/photo/050830/480/ladm10208301530

those are all DIRECT QUOTES from the media. why are the black folk "looters" while the white people just happen to "find" food? we knew the media was already racist though.

i'm sure as hell willin to believe that it doesnt help new orleans is a predominantly black city.

theres no excuse for this crap period. wheres FEMA? where was the aid to the superdome? if buses (days after) can arrive then obviously help can be sent. obviously if they can get there everyone else can. the superdome is dry and obviously these vehicles can drive in and out of the city still. its all well that there are federal grants being porposed yada yada but what needs to be done is GETTING EVERYONE THE HELL OUT OF THERE. that CAN be done and IS NOT BEING DONE. instead of spending money to fix things in NO and prevent much of the disaster from occuring or getting help to that city IMMEDIATELY, it is cut and we go fight a war in iraq because the bush regime "thought" saddam had WMDs. oops, guess that never worked out huh.

where's bush? oh, here he is !

caption: President Bush plays a guitar presented to him by Country Singer Mark Wills, right, backstage following his visit to Naval Base Coronado, Tuesday, Aug. 30, 2005. Bush visited the base to deliver remarks on V-J Commemoration Day. (AP Photo/ABC News, Martha Raddatz).

heaven forbid dubya had to take off from his vacation!

can you please stop posting. you are about 2 days behind in news and your "revelations"

you are black. you are only this upset because it is happening to black people and you wont admit that black people are going nuts. it's the white man's fault.

you are being racist, as you always are.

how's that girlfriend doing btw?
  • Reply 95 of 268
    rokrok Posts: 3,519member
    Quote:

Originally posted by giant

FEMA director mike brown on CNN just said that the federal gov't didn't even know about the people at the convention center until TODAY.

i have been watchign amid trying to contact friends, and allow me to say mr. fema director has his head shoved so far up his own ass, it's not even funny. he says they are so distraught and upset that so many people "didn't heed the warning to leave." dear dipshit director, look at the footage. you can tell these people until you are blue in the face, but they ARE NOT IN A FINANCIAL POSITION TO GET THEMSELVES, BELONGINGS, AND FAMILIES TO A HOTEL ROOM FOR WHO-KNOWS-HOW-MANY-NIGHTS, FEED THEM, AND MAKE SURE THEY PICK THE RIGHT DIRECTION TO GET OUT OF THE WAY OF A 200 MILE WIDE HURRICANE.

my dear f'n lord, this man should be thrown out of his position as soon as this situation is over. when he said that statement above on cnn, it became clear to me that he actually thought that everyone would just do what he would do in a similar situation.
  • Reply 96 of 268
    Quote:

Originally posted by Bronxite

and you wont admit that black people are going nuts.

All the news channels caught up this evening, why haven't you? This is no war zone and there is absolutely no excuse for the national guard, police forces and aid workers to not go in en masse.
  • Reply 97 of 268
    brussellbrussell Posts: 9,812member
    Quote:

Originally posted by rok

i have been watchign amid trying to contact friends, and allow me to say mr. fema director has his head shoved so far up his own ass, it's not even funny. he says they are so distraught and upset that so many people "didn't heed the warning to leave." dear dipshit director, look at the footage. you can tell these people until you are blue in the face, but they ARE NOT IN A FINANCIAL POSITION TO GET THEMSELVES, BELONGINGS, AND FAMILIES TO A HOTEL ROOM FOR WHO-KNOWS-HOW-MANY-NIGHTS, FEED THEM, AND MAKE SURE THEY PICK THE RIGHT DIRECTION TO GET OUT OF THE WAY OF A 200 MILE WIDE HURRICANE.

my dear f'n lord, this man should be thrown out of his position as soon as this situation is over. when he said that statement above on cnn, it became clear to me that he actually thought that everyone would just do what he would do in a similar situation.

Gee, I wonder if he had any experience in emergency management when he went to FEMA.
  • Reply 98 of 268
    You know, I can't get over how totally unacceptable this is that here we are days into the disaster and so many people (at least tens of thousands) are still in major centralized areas in a major US city without food and water. This could be you or me. These are people some of us know. For all that people hate on the media, I'm so happy that this evening they decided to press this point. Particularly today I've gotten a lump in my throat more than a few times. This is just too much. I don't even know what to say.
  • Reply 99 of 268
    pfflampfflam Posts: 5,053member
    Quote:

Originally posted by rok

The FEMA director was interviewed by Wisconsin Public radio and that's how he first heard of the people at the Convention Center!!

I heard it on the radio . . . he told the interviewernot to listen to rumors!!
  • Reply 100 of 268
    The FEMA Director (Mr. Brown) you are a FUCKING ASSHOLE!!!

why arent the cruise ships located up and down the Mississippi river NOT being used to get those people from the New Orleans area to Baton Rouge when it would only take a matter of hours?

Why is it that HUNDREDS of media crews can rush to get the story on Helicopters, Vans, Planes (new orleans international airport IS in service for emergency flights, and), EVEN FLAT BOATS!! Why are these people not being rescued??!

I have so many friends who have lost everything in this and all they can ask is why is it that these people cannot be saved in a timely manner. If there are people who are hindering the efforts SHOOT THEM (period). we are in a state of marshal law and have been for several days now. I have every bit of simpathy for the people comondeering (abandoned) vehicles to get out of town and the people who are tearing down doors to provide food for others, but the animals who are shooting at hellicopters, raping, robbing retail establishments should be shot and left in the water to rot.

Please get the helpless people out of the city. There are so many good people here in this city. Is this still the U.S.?