Apple argues "even a moron" can spot company difference

Comments

• Reply 61 of 106
    chris cuillachris cuilla Posts: 4,825member
    Guys...it doesn't much matter. It has no real legal bearing on the case whether Steve's reasoning was because he liked the Beatles or not.
  • Reply 62 of 106
    andersanders Posts: 6,523member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Jimzip

Reminds me of that Simpsons episode where Lisa writes the speech on America, and then she sees all the pigs running around outside parliament.. Only the pigs are British this time..

Jimzip

Oh yeah. Apple in the role as the voice of reason and innocence. Thats believable.
  • Reply 63 of 106
    irelandireland Posts: 17,799member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Anders

Oh yeah. Apple in the role as the voice of reason and innocence. Thats believable.

Cool!
  • Reply 64 of 106
    melgrossmelgross Posts: 33,600member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Chris Cuilla

Guys...it doesn't much matter. It has no real legal bearing on the case whether Steve's reasoning was because he liked the Beatles or not.

That's...actually true.

Too bad.

I was going to divide our search up.

I would take the first million pages, Kickaha would do the second million, you would do the third million...
  • Reply 65 of 106
    Quote:

Originally posted by Ireland

Cool!

Please expand. Cool because you didn´t read the link or cool because you like large companies stealing* the ideas of small independent developers?

*Not nessesary in the legal meaning but in every other definition of the word.
  • Reply 66 of 106
    Quote:

Please expand. Cool because you didn´t read the link or cool because you like large companies stealing* the ideas of small independent developers?

*Not nessesary in the legal meaning but in every other definition of the word.

Apple, like MS, in in a crossfire. Users demand the company put everything, including the much thrown about kitchen sink into the OS, or apps supporting it. Then there come the complaints when they actually do it.

Apple has bought programs, and hired developers in the past, when they think that their work warrants it. Obviously, they don't always think that.

Sometimes I think that Apple is right, and sometimes I think they are wrong. But, it's a tough call.

Sometimes Apple is working on something for years, on and off, then a developer comes out with something similar. What should Apple do then?

Other times, Apple is first. Then a developer coms up with a copy of Apple's work, but with improvements. Has anyone pointed a finger at those developers, and said that they shouldn't have stolen Apple's ideas, even if there were improvenments?

That never happens. But when Apple then upgrades their own, first to market product, THEY are blamed for using features from the copycat program of the developer. Features that they were most likely going to put into the progran anyway.

So, is that fair? It should cut both ways, right?
  • Reply 67 of 106
    Quote:

Originally posted by melgross

So, is that fair? It should cut both ways, right?

This last point was my point exactly. Ireland is painting Apple as an innoncent small player that greedy predators want to suck blood from. If you accept thats interpretation then you also have to accept that Apple play that role and thus can´t be that innocent itself.
  • Reply 68 of 106
    Quote:

This last point was my point exactly. Ireland is painting Apple as an innoncent small player that greedy predators want to suck blood from. If you accept thats interpretation then you also have to accept that Apple play that role and thus can´t be that innocent itself.

No one is innocent. Even if a company tries to be fair, there will be times that they won't be.
  • Reply 69 of 106
    wilcowilco Posts: 985member
    Quote:

With all due respect Anders, why would you waste time arguing with Ireland and Melgross?

Ireland is a troll, who makes posts that have more exclamation points and smilies than complete sentences, and mel's head would explode at the very notion of considering the possibility that Apple isn't perfect.
  • Reply 70 of 106
    Quote:

Originally posted by wilco

With all due respect Anders, why would you waste time arguing with Ireland and Melgross?

Ireland is a troll, who makes posts that have more exclamation points and smilies than complete sentences, and mel's head would explode at the very notion of considering the possibility that Apple isn't perfect.

I want to correct you on that. I don´t think mel is that bad all the time ()
  • Reply 71 of 106
    Quote:

Originally posted by wilco

Hey! We weren't arguing! My comments were more in support.
  • Reply 72 of 106
    Quote:

I want to correct you on that. I don´t think mel is that bad all the time ()

Gee, thanks! You could at least have said most of the time.
  • Reply 73 of 106
    Quote:

Originally posted by melgross

Gee, thanks! You could at least have said most of the time.

Well the sentence wasn´t really about you
  • Reply 74 of 106
    Quote:

Well the sentence wasn´t really about you

?
  • Reply 75 of 106
    kickahakickaha Posts: 8,760member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Chris Cuilla

Dammit man! Never let logic get in the way of a good internet tussle!

Have we taught you *nothing*?
  • Reply 76 of 106
    chris cuillachris cuilla Posts: 4,825member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Kickaha

Dammit man! Never let logic get in the way of a good internet tussle!

Have we taught you *nothing*?

Sorry.

[ slowly walks away in shame ]

• Reply 77 of 106
    vox barbaravox barbara Posts: 2,021member
    Quote:

Originally posted by audiopollution

That's probably due to the fact that you can't spell it properly.

You're on a roll.

Eric Clapton is British.

oh man this thread is a good break
  • Reply 78 of 106
    jenkijjenkij Posts: 7member
    The only association and confusion between Apple Corps and Apple Computer I experience is what Apple Corps is creating. Maybe they should go sue themselves.

• Reply 79 of 106
    Quote:

Originally posted by jenkij

The only association and confusion between Apple Corps and Apple Computer I experience is what Apple Corps is creating. Maybe they should go sue themselves.

Welcome!

You fit right in.
  • Reply 80 of 106
    vox barbaravox barbara Posts: 2,021member
    Quote:

Originally posted by jenkij

You've deeply nailed it with just one post, thoroughly.

EDIT: put a smilie at the end