Merom MBP - If I have to Wait So Does Apple!!

1235»

Comments

• Reply 81 of 89
    tenobelltenobell Posts: 7,014member
    Quote:

I'm sitting on my money to, but those aren't non-existing windows notebooks.

The PC Merom notebooks likely exist in the same place as the MBP Merom notebooks.

In China ramping production preparing to ship soon.
  • Reply 82 of 89
    jinixjinix Posts: 33member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Battles

Apple's current line of MBP's are overpriced. Plain and simple. The MBP's are good machines, but they are not worth $1999 given their current specifications. If you buy one now, you are getting ripped off unless you do not mind paying a premium for an OS and some style.

I too am waiting for the Merom MBP, and I agree with you 100%.

I too am in urgent need of a mac, and I've been waiting for it for 3 months. I don't know how much more I need to wait.

1. I know for a fact, that the current MBP is an amazing machine. It's definately good enough. I am unhappy by the fact that the current intel macs run the Adobe software through rosetta and is ultimately slower than PC's speed when running Adobe stuff, but I don't have much choice over that. It's not like I'll try to buy a PowerBook for that reason. I LOVE the fact that the intel macs can run Windows.

2. Since the current MBP is such a nice machine, I know I'll still be happy with it.

3. I know that the new Merom MBP won't be too much better off than the current one. I know it's a good machine, I don't think anybody here questions that. But for a computer that's about to run out the exit, it feels too expensive. It's like a 39 year-old basketball player(who was once a #1 draft pick) trying to earn as much money as the 20 year-old #1 pick rookie.

4. But here's the problem: price.

It's insane. Apple actually wants me to pour in all that money for their "very-soon-to-be-old" machine that's been out since almost a year ago? I mean, even with the school discount, it'll cost me over $3000 for the 17 inch MBP(I need a RAM boot to reach 2GB, that's why). $3000. That's a lotta money for me, and I already feel bad for my parents about this.

So, while I'm paying a lot, I might as well want something new. Not something that'll be out of the Apple website REALLY soon. I think I can pretty much guarantee everyone that the current MBP will be out of the Apple website as soon as the merom MBP comes out.

The BackToSchool promotion by Apple had this iPod nano added to the purchase. The sales rep told me that new pricing will be adjusted accordingly on October 1st knowing that there won't be any iPod option included this time. Guess what? the price dropped by like...3~4 dollars. Apple really wants to suck every last juice from the customers till the very last day. Had the price gone down(noticeably), I would have gone ahead and put money for the current MBP.

I'm also considering of selling the MBP around august next year. If I buy the current MBP, the price would drop down to a ridiculous amount. It's would be like trying to sell a Pentium 3 computer.

The current pricing for the current MBP is way too overpriced.
  • Reply 83 of 89
    backtomacbacktomac Posts: 4,579member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by TenoBell

The PC Merom notebooks likely exist in the same place as the MBP Merom notebooks.

In China ramping production preparing to ship soon.

Actually they're at your nearest Best Buy. Sorry, but it's true.
  • Reply 84 of 89
    dhagan4755dhagan4755 Posts: 2,152member
    Boy these new MBs and MBPs better razzle and dazzle...
  • Reply 85 of 89
    sennensennen Posts: 1,472member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by jinix

I'm also considering of selling the MBP around august next year. If I buy the current MBP, the price would drop down to a ridiculous amount. It's would be like trying to sell a Pentium 3 computer.

um, i think you'll find the re-sale value of the MBP is alot better than you think. even PBs still go for a premium over pc laptops.

sennen
  • Reply 86 of 89
    Jonathan Ive better amaze us with this MBP...
  • Reply 87 of 89
    gargar Posts: 1,201member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by 1337_5L4Xx0R

Jonathan Ive better amaze us with this MBP...

... Why?
  • Reply 88 of 89
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by rageous

How many of these bitchfests do we need to have per week? The Macbook updates will come. Quit faulting Apple for personal inabilities to handle excitement/disappointment.

Bitching about the bitching, i love it
  • Reply 89 of 89
    backtomacbacktomac Posts: 4,579member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by gar

... Why?

I agree. I don't think the MBP needs any serious design changes IMO. Just make 1 gb Ram, on a single dimm, standard and maybe up the HD to 120 gb standard. Oh and while you're at it, drop the price a little.

Ok that may be pushing a little.