Apple Hypes MWSF 2002

Comments

• Reply 341 of 1761
    thentrothentro Posts: 231member
    ya know the BMW example people always use...

They are going to become a car company! The ipod?? Its a car stupid!! and it hovers!! Jobs bought the real "IT" segway thing and it is a flying car!!!!

//thentro runs around, hits a wall and falls over// :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:
  • Reply 342 of 1761
    nebrienebrie Posts: 483member
    [quote]Originally posted by Alpha Mac:

<strong>Have a look <a href="http://www.spymac.com"; target="_blank">SpyMac.com</a></strong><hr></blockquote>

If you haven't realized already, spymac is a pathetic fraud with crappy 3d renderings complete with classic photoshop effects. Can't believe how many idiots still go around trumpeting that site. Yahoo even ran a video story on it.
  • Reply 343 of 1761
    [quote]Originally posted by Fran441:

<strong>Oh, and it will be more than the boards can take. </strong><hr></blockquote>

Yeah, this is war!

We'll see.
  • Reply 344 of 1761

userone
  • Reply 345 of 1761
    andersanders Posts: 6,523member
    Good one. I almost hit apple.com to check
  • Reply 346 of 1761
    leonisleonis Posts: 3,427member
    Now from Apple's web site (THIS IS REAL)

Now I am starting to believe we will be seeing G5 PowerMac

[ 01-02-2002: Message edited by: Leonis ]</p>
  • Reply 346 of 1761
    evil edevil ed Posts: 106member
    LMAO!!

nice 1
  • Reply 348 of 1761
    katekate Posts: 172member
    LOL

Should better read kormac77, or was it 76?
  • Reply 349 of 1761
    4 days to Macworld San Francisco.

Less than 60% of you will survive until January 7. Way less.
  • Reply 350 of 1761
    There was some discussion around here about a slot on the new imac that you could plug you ipod into like a removable drive. (I forget who thought up the idea.) What if Spymac is actually on the ball this time, and the unknown "sixteen pin connector" is a new version of the duo-dock connector?

Absolutly no basis for this idea, but how cool would it be to have a dock slot for the iWalk/iPod/iwhatever digital hub devices( all of them could use the slot or plug in via firewire- faster tranfer if plugged in via the slot), as well as having the wireless firewire that 1394.org has been discusing- a 10 miles range wireless connection directly to the computer, not through the internet.

You could have the iwalk as a portable desktop- your computer, and it's files available via wireless firewire over a ten mile range (For me, that includes my work), or use the iwalk as a PDA.

slide it into the slot for actually transfering files quickly. Otherwise, it would auto update any file you alter via the iwalk- the iwalk would basically be a second monitor for the computer, but with its own proccessor. It could get confusing to people though, who suddenly can't access their computer once then hit 10.1 miles, or it gets stormy out.

Job's 3 issues with PDAs as they currently stand-dumbed down internet (solved by an ARM- based device like the ipod, that is powerful enough to handle Flash(.swf)/DHTML files), that no one brings it to a meeting (solved if it had a live connection directly to your office computer, so that you could be writing to a file on your computer, not to a file locally on the iWalk), and three- how it is a pain to sync them (this was a peve he had mainly with the newton- the Newton had its own OS, it was its own thing, not a "digital device as part of the digital hub". The above idea for the iWalk would solve these problems, by making the iWalk for walking around with your desktop in your hand- not making you figure out a home network, and which computer has the latest vertion of you files, etc.

You couldn't do more than text, email, adress book, web, and maybe itunes visualisations, and file managment, but I would buy one of these- I could have access to my computer directly from work- no telneting over to it through the internet. It could be nice for remote- admining servers- a remote gui, maybe it could be set up to virtual desktop with a few different machines, a couple of stylus hits, and you are looking at a different computer's desktop.
  • Reply 351 of 1761
    [quote]Originally posted by Kate:

<strong>LOL

Should better read kormac77, or was it 76? </strong><hr></blockquote>

Guess again
  • Reply 352 of 1761
    slackerslacker Posts: 127member

The wait is more agonizing than your girlfriends last pregnancy test!!!!
  • Reply 353 of 1761
    [quote]Originally posted by kormac75:

<strong>

Guess again </strong><hr></blockquote>

78?

[ 01-02-2002: Message edited by: olli_g ]</p>
  • Reply 354 of 1761
    rokrok Posts: 3,519member
    RW, you're close to what i have theorized in the past. consider that everyone has an idisk accessible from any computer anywhere with an internet connection (this was limited to mac-only before itools went all webdav-vy). apple has also pioneered wireless networking for the home and soho markets. now, as you said, the big limitation of using a pda is having to haul it back to your computer to "sync" it. screw that! just walk around, latch onto an internet signal, and "sync" all your data from anywhere... anytime! to do this, though, apple would need a major partnership with a telecom company to ride on the back of their infrastructure. screw syncing your ipod. just download the tunes form your idisk to your ipod wirelessly anywhere (as long as you decrease your quality expectations. internet anywhere (instead of having to log in at a stupid pc-based internet cafe with coffee jockeys doing tech troubleshooting.

suddenly, the plan comes together folks. i can see it now. :eek:

[ 01-02-2002: Message edited by: rok ]</p>
  • Reply 355 of 1761
    Well, here some serious stuff. Yes, I know it's hard to be serious now, but what the hell.

Less than 60% of you will survive until January 7. Way less.
  • Reply 356 of 1761
    I'm never one to follow the crowd but hell, everyone else is doing it...as far as the next creepy message is concerned, I don't think anything could drive us crazier than this:

4 Days to Macworld San Francisco.

"It's not an iMac."

-S
  • Reply 357 of 1761
    [quote]Originally posted by river-wind:

<strong>What if Spymac is actually on the ball this time...&lt;snip&gt;</strong><hr></blockquote>

If SpyMac is on teh ball at all, they'll release this so-called video of the "iWalk" in use. My opinion? THey're full of total bullshit and talking as though they have facts. Simple.

--Alexis
  • Reply 358 of 1761
    I had this dream last night.......... It was horrible....

• Reply 359 of 1761
    i figured out what the "beyond the rumor sites" is referring to! apple is going beyond mosr's prediction of a dodecahedron powermac and making a g5 with an 18-sided casing!
  • Reply 360 of 1761
    Perhaps this spymac things has been set up by steve-o himself and he uses it to blackmail Phil Schiller into losing weight. "Ey Phil, get under 200 pounds or I'll post your gay pictures on spymac!"

Fasten seat belts. Phil Schiller rolls on stage.