- Last Active
I bought a food scale with Bluetooth connection. It was made in China and the Modern Chef app was also developed by a mainland China company. Once installed, the app goes beyond telling me the weigh of food. It immediately harvests all my personal and health data from the iPhone and send back to the server in China in seconds. All IoT apps can do the same. The app should be pull of from the App Store immediately and installed users should be notified immediately and suggestions should be offered by Apple to those installed victims.
Asking for disclosure is only on paper for legal formality. Banning an app is “catch me if you can”, and 2 versions leap forward, the developer can reinsert the analytic codes again without being noticed. Once private data leaked, is leaked forever.
iOS 13 should fix it, or not capable for Apple to do so?
RBdigital and Zinio do not give what I want:
1. Clip / Share / Export an article / paragraphs / phrases / text & pictures, not just a link; and DO NOT remind me about copyright like what Apple native Notes is doing now;
2. Tag and keep an article in iCloud even though the magazine has been removed from the device or returned;
3. Select and Lookup, speak, translate words and paragraphs; add selection to a list / app with a single tap;
4. Searchable / Smart searchable of words / phrases in a single / category / library of magazine(s). E.g. “black hole”.
5. Integrate with Apple Books and Notes apps.
Cant do it? Forget Apple News Magazines.