- Last Active
If you are a long term investor, there isn't much to really fear-- the stock is trading at a PE of 15, has a yield of 1.5%, and has some huge backstops to its underlying business.
I would attribute most most of the drop to general market concern and just taking profits. I had scheduled a sale for January for tax reasons myself, need to re-think my plan personally.
That said, a part of me thinks we will see $160 before we see $210 again. Hope Apple is "backing up the truck" on the drop though.
Depends on what is important to you. For me, it would be a nail in the coffin for Macs; interoperability is why Macs got beyond the 2% niche level. Design helped, but it would never have happened if you couldn't use the same laptop to run Windows or Linux/Unix.
I could likely survive with an A-Series processor for 95% of what I do, but the remaining 5% kills the value proposition as I end up needing an additional computer.