Beyonce seen sporting Apple Watch Edition with gold link bracelet

Posted:
in Apple Watch edited April 2015
Less than a week after star fashion designer Karl Lagerfeld showed off pictures of his yellow gold Apple Watch Edition with custom all-gold link bracelet, Beyonce was seen at Coachella wearing what appears to be the same combination.

Beyonce was spotted donning the ultra luxe Apple Watch while attending a set by David Guetta on Sunday, the last day of this year's Coachella Valley Music and Arts Festival. A closer look at Beyonce's custom gold-on-gold Watch was made available on Monday through the artist's official visual blog.

Interestingly, the Watch is being worn on Beyonce's right arm with Digital Crown facing away from the wrist, meaning she has not changed screen orientation settings for "left handed" use. Apple Watch allows owners to flip the user interface from a general settings menu, accommodating both right- and left-handers.

While Apple is supplying Apple Watch to big names in entertainment and fashion, only Beyonce and Lagerfeld are known to have gold link bracelets. Exclusive band options extend beyond materials, however, as Apple handed out Apple Watch Sport Bands in custom colors to fashionistas attending a launch party in Milan over the weekend.

Beyonce is just the latest celebrity to be caught wearing Apple Watch in the wild, seemingly as part of a strategic advertising campaign targeting young, fashionable buyers. Most recently, Coachella headliner Drake put on his Edition for an Instagram photo last week. Other musicians who have early access to Apple Watch include Pharrell Williams and Katy Perry.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 162
    apple ][apple ][ Posts: 9,233member

Of course she was.

Who doesn't have a gold Apple Watch nowadays?

And isn't her husband a rival of Apple, with their new music service?

Who's next to be spotted with a gold Apple Watch? The CEO of Samsung?

• Reply 2 of 162
    rogifanrogifan Posts: 10,669member
    Hey rumor sites: we all know by now that part of Apple's marketing tactic is to give out watches to certain celebrities. We don't need a new story on it every time one of these photos crops up somewhere. :rolleyes:
  • Reply 3 of 162
    [QUOTE]Exclusive band options extend beyond materials, however, as Apple handed out Apple Watch Sport Bands in custom colors to fashionistas attending a launch party in Milan over the weekend. [/QUOTE]

AI do you actually have a source for this? Can you provide some names of the "fashionistas" attending this event? Of course not because it was a private event. We don't know who attended this event and we also don't know if the people attending were given these new bands. If you don't have anything to back up this paragraph you shouldn't be posting it. :rolleyes:
  • Reply 4 of 162
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Rogifan View Post

AI do you actually have a source for this? Can you provide some names of the "fashionistas" attending this event? Of course not because it was a private event. We don't know who attended this event and we also don't know if the people attending were given these new bands. If you don't have anything to back up this paragraph you shouldn't be posting it. image

Did you try reading the article?

• Reply 5 of 162
    fallenjtfallenjt Posts: 4,056member
    Quote:

Hey rumor sites: we all know by now that part of Apple's marketing tactic is to give out watches to certain celebrities. We don't need a new story on it every time one of these photos crops up somewhere. image

Yeah, when Apple give out these to celebrity, they actually give out $1500 piece of hardware ($1300 gold + $200 the rest of the watch) value but get back huge benefit for marketing purpose. Now, most of Beyonce's fans want an Apple watch.

• Reply 6 of 162
    gatorguygatorguy Posts: 24,271member
    fallenjt wrote: »
    Yeah, when Apple give out these to celebrity, they actually give out $1500 piece of hardware ($1300 gold + $200 the rest of the watch) value but get back huge benefit for marketing purpose. Now, most of Beyonce's fans want an Apple watch.
    You don't think they'd buy an Apple Watch anyway? Wouldn't a celebrity having enough faith in the product to buy it be better than a celeb wearing it because it was given to them? I would have thought so but perhaps not I guess as I'm absolutely certain Apple knows exactly what they're doing.
  • Reply 7 of 162
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Gatorguy View Post

You don't think they'd buy an Apple Watch anyway?

To me it seems like a desperate and unnecessary move on Apple's part, not to mention the potential negative implications that it has for their image.

• Reply 8 of 162

Are you telling me that these celebrities, worth hundreds of millions of dollars, can't afford to buy a lousy gold Apple watch all on their own?

What does that say about the Apple Watch?

I've said it before, but the best advertising for Apple would be for these celebrities to actually be buying one themselves. What better endorsement of a product is there than that?

• Reply 9 of 162
    Apple Watch troll narratives:
    1. Celebrities only wear it because Apple paid them to wear it
    2. Celebrities won't wear it because only the wristbands are different
    3. Steve would never give free Apple products to celebrities

Did I miss any?
  • Reply 10 of 162
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Suddenly Newton View Post

I'm no troll, but I would agree with any troll who uses that argument, because if the celebrities have to be given one for free, then they're not exactly honestly endorsing the product.

• Reply 11 of 162
    apple ][ wrote: »
    I'm no troll, but I would agree with any troll who uses that argument, because if the celebrities have to be given one for free, then they're not exactly honestly endorsing the product.

Why would any celebrity wear this watch if they didn't want to? It's not like someone at Apple is pointing a gun to their head forcing them to wear it. And they're not being paid to wear it either.

When the singer Sam Smith posted his watch on Instagram he was actually quite excited about it and said Jony Ive was the sweetest man he ever met. That Instagram post got over 140K likes.
  • Reply 12 of 162
    2. Celebrities won't wear it because only the wristbands are different
    3. Steve would never give free Apple products to celebrities

Did I miss any?

4. Apple is no longer for everybody anymore and only cares about fashionistas and the 1%.
  • Reply 13 of 162
    eightzeroeightzero Posts: 3,078member

Who?

• Reply 14 of 162
    apple ][ wrote: »
    Are you telling me that these celebrities, worth hundreds of millions of dollars, can't afford to buy a lousy gold Apple watch all on their own?

What does that say about the Apple Watch?

I've said it before, but the best advertising for Apple would be for these celebrities to actually be buying one themselves. What better endorsement of a product is there than that?

Afford them? They are getting paid to wear them.
    Trust me.
  • Reply 15 of 162
    Quote:

AI do you actually have a source for this? Can you provide some names of the "fashionistas" attending this event? Of course not because it was a private event. We don't know who attended this event and we also don't know if the people attending were given these new bands. If you don't have anything to back up this paragraph you shouldn't be posting it. image

From our previous article: sitting at a table with Italian fashion blogger Audrey Tritto was Jony Ive, Marc Newson and his wife Charlotte Stockdale (London-based stylist and fashion director at i-D magazine), Vogue Italia editor-in-chief Franca Sozzani and sister Carla (who previously worked as editor-in-chief for Vogue's special projects section), Wallpaper magazine editor-in-chief Tony Chambers, Dom Perignon cellar master Richard Geoffroy, high-society journalist Nicholas Foulkes, visionary consultant Monty Shadow and a couple others. Socialite and fashion advocate Umberta Gnutti Beretta, wife of Beretta firearms president Franco Beretta, was also on hand.

• Reply 16 of 162
    Do not comment if you believe that the highest paid music artist on Earth doesn't add astronomical value to Apple by wearing the Watch.
  • Reply 17 of 162
    Trust me.

No they're not. Will Carling was asked that on Twitter and he replied something like 'ha, I wish'.
  • Reply 18 of 162
    From our previous article: sitting at a table with Italian fashion blogger Audrey Tritto was Jony Ive, Marc Newson and his wife Charlotte Stockdale (London-based stylist and fashion director at i-D magazine), Vogue Italia editor-in-chief Franca Sozzani and sister Carla (who previously worked as editor-in-chief for Vogue's special projects section), Wallpaper magazine editor-in-chief Tony Chambers, Dom Perignon cellar master Richard Geoffroy, high-society journalist Nicholas Foulkes, visionary consultant Monty Shadow and a couple others. Socialite and fashion advocate Umberta Gnutti Beretta, wife of Beretta firearms president Franco Beretta, was also on hand.
    Ok these aren't all 'fashionistas' and do you have a source for people there being given custom watch bands?
  • Reply 19 of 162
    Quote:

Originally Posted by AppleinsiderFrm View Post

Trust me.

If true, then that makes it even worse.

But I'd like to see a source or confirmation for those claims.

• Reply 20 of 162
    SpamSandwichSpamSandwich Posts: 33,407member

I'm tellin' ya... Apple should go ahead and make that gold link band an option. It looks better than the current version without the gold.