Beyonce seen sporting Apple Watch Edition with gold link bracelet

Comments

• Reply 21 of 162
    phone-ui-guyphone-ui-guy Posts: 1,019member
    rogifan wrote: »
    From our previous article: sitting at a table with Italian fashion blogger Audrey Tritto was Jony Ive, Marc Newson and his wife Charlotte Stockdale (London-based stylist and fashion director at i-D magazine), Vogue Italia editor-in-chief Franca Sozzani and sister Carla (who previously worked as editor-in-chief for Vogue's special projects section), Wallpaper magazine editor-in-chief Tony Chambers, Dom Perignon cellar master Richard Geoffroy, high-society journalist Nicholas Foulkes, visionary consultant Monty Shadow and a couple others. Socialite and fashion advocate Umberta Gnutti Beretta, wife of Beretta firearms president Franco Beretta, was also on hand.
    Ok these aren't all 'fashionistas' and do you have a source for people there being given custom watch bands?

Go look at the article, click through to that Beretta chicks Instagram and you can see her posts. Look at the pictures and read the comments. It isn't that complicated
  • Reply 22 of 162
    rogifanrogifan Posts: 10,669member
    apple ][ wrote: »

If true, then that makes it even worse.

But I'd like to see a source or confirmation for those claims.

669elw.jpg
  • Reply 23 of 162
    paul94544paul94544 Posts: 1,027member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Suddenly Newton View Post

Apple Watch troll narratives:

1. Celebrities only wear it because Apple paid them to wear it

2. Celebrities won't wear it because only the wristbands are different

3. Steve would never give free Apple products to celebrities

Did I miss any?

Never underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools (oops - I means trolls) But you know the funniest part is trolls actually think the garbage they spout   actually will move the needle on anything, that is how moronic they are

• Reply 24 of 162
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Apple ][ View Post

Of course she was.

Who doesn't have a gold Apple Watch nowadays?

And isn't her husband a rival of Apple, with their new music service?

Who's next to be spotted with a gold Apple Watch? The CEO of Samsung?

Apple ][, you cracked me up with this one!

I would LMAO, if the CEO of Samsung was spotted wearing a gold Apple Watch or any Apple Watch!!

• Reply 25 of 162
    Go look at the article, click through to that Beretta chicks Instagram and you can see her posts. Look at the pictures and read the comments. It isn't that complicated

I've been to her Instagram account. No where does she say those bands were given away to anyone. In fact when asked what watch she chose she said:

188e76
    @kaiserwilly no... Small stainless steel white band and black band ...

And then she later posted a photo of the SS watch with white sport band. Last time I checked anyone can purchase that combination.
  • Reply 26 of 162
    leighrleighr Posts: 256member

For those who haven't figured it out, the strategy behind giving celebrities and fashion leaders an Apple Watch is quite simple. Think about the one problem that all the other smart watch makers have had trying to gain traction. Apple has to break the perception that smart watches are only for geeks, techno's or fitness freaks, who don't mind wearing rubber bands. That's why Samsung and co. have all failed. Watches are a fashion item. So if fashionable, artistic, "cool" people are wearing them, then they're obviously not just a geek toy. I don't believe that any of these celebs are being paid to wear them (unlike Samsung's cash for tweets strategy) because unlike the others, the Apple watch is actually fashionable, made from quality materials, with an emphasis on design, plus a killer interface and operating system. Cleverly, Apple has approached it from the other end than that of other smart watch makers, who promoted their software as the number one feature (which, by the way, looks very second rate compared to the Apple Watch OS). Apple's promoting fashion first, with the incredible underlying technology being almost a "well, you'd expect the best from Apple anyway" statement. Watch them sell.

• Reply 27 of 162
    Are you telling me that these celebrities, worth hundreds of millions of dollars, can't afford to buy a lousy gold Apple watch all on their own?

What does that say about the Apple Watch?

I've said it before, but the best advertising for Apple would be for these celebrities to actually be buying one themselves. What better endorsement of a product is there than that?

Do you expect athletes buy all their Nike athletic apparel that they wear on the field? If not, does this mean it's not good advertising for Nike?
  • Reply 28 of 162
    danielswdanielsw Posts: 906member

I think it's a beautiful watch/band on a beautiful woman. I'm glad she's showing it off—for whatever reason.

• Reply 29 of 162
    danielsw wrote: »
    I think it's a beautiful watch/band on a beautiful woman. I'm glad she's showing it off—for whatever reason.

Rose gold with white sport band looks good on Anna Wintour too. I can tell you any Android Wear OEM would kill to have Anna Wintour wearing their watch.

2rgcsua.jpg
  • Reply 30 of 162
    leighr wrote: »
    For those who haven't figured it out, the strategy behind giving celebrities and fashion leaders an Apple Watch is quite simple. Think about the one problem that all the other smart watch makers have had trying to gain traction. Apple has to break the perception that smart watches are only for geeks, techno's or fitness freaks, who don't mind wearing rubber bands. That's why Samsung and co. have all failed. Watches are a fashion item. So if fashionable, artistic, "cool" people are wearing them, then they're obviously not just a geek toy. I don't believe that any of these celebs are being paid to wear them (unlike Samsung's cash for tweets strategy) because unlike the others, the Apple watch is actually fashionable, made from quality materials, with an emphasis on design, plus a killer interface and operating system. Cleverly, Apple has approached it from the other end than that of other smart watch makers, who promoted their software as the number one feature (which, by the way, looks very second rate compared to the Apple Watch OS). Apple's promoting<span style="line-height:1.4em;"> fashion first, with the incredible underlying technology </span>
    being<span style="line-height:1.4em;"> almost a "well, you'd </span>
    expect<span style="line-height:1.4em;"> the best from Apple anyway" statement. Watch them sell.</span>

I don't believe for a second Apple is paying celebrities to wear the watch because if they did and it ever got out it would be a PR nightmare. I think it's pretty obvious Apple doesn't have to pay famous people to use their products.
  • Reply 31 of 162
    radarthekatradarthekat Posts: 3,898moderator
    gatorguy wrote: »
    You don't think they'd buy an Apple Watch anyway? Wouldn't a celebrity having enough faith in the product to buy it be better than a celeb wearing it because it was given to them? I would have thought so but perhaps not I guess as I'm absolutely certain Apple knows exactly what they're doing.

People really don't think about this the correct way.

A celebrity typically receives six to eight figures for a product endorsement deal. In those cases, yes, the compensation is key. In this situation, however, the value of an Apple Watch, even at $20k, is not sufficient to influence the celebrity. It's like someone giving you or I $200 to put our reputation and image on the line for a product. Clearly, if we didn't already believe in the product and think highly of it, we would not sell out so cheaply. Thus... it's not much of a leap to suggest that the value of the celebrity endorsement given in these cases is so much beyond the value of a free pre-release Apple Watch that we can safely infer that the celebrities are stoked about the product, that they believe it is something that represents them well, and that they are happy to be associated with Apple and to have access, whether free or if they had to pay for the Watch, prior to its general availability.
  • Reply 32 of 162

Looks very nice.  I bought that for her by the way... lol.

To those who ask who's gonna buy a gold Apple watch?

There you have it! 

• Reply 33 of 162
    dasanman69dasanman69 Posts: 13,002member
    eightzero wrote: »
    Who?

Time for a gratuitous photo of Beyonce
  • Reply 34 of 162
    analogjackanalogjack Posts: 1,073member

I'd like to see a publicity stunt from Apple where they produce a watch and link bracelet made of Platinum 190, which is about a billion dollars an ounce. 

• Reply 35 of 162
    [CONTENTEMBED=/t/185878/beyonce-seen-sporting-apple-watch-edition-with-gold-link-bracelet#post_2712764 layout=inline]Quote:[/CONTENTEMBED]
    Apple Watch troll narratives:

1. Celebrities only wear it because Apple paid them to wear it

I'm no troll, but I would agree with any troll who uses that argument, because if the celebrities have to be given one for free, then they're not exactly honestly endorsing the product.

A plausible explanation is that Apple handed them out a few weeks ago not having a sense of how this new product category will pan out. The celebs are showing it off.

At this point, given what they've seen is overwhelming demand, it has perhaps become unnecessary.
  • Reply 36 of 162

For the people complaining about the 1%, chill out! Jeez you are finding any reason to complain!! If you are so offended by how Apple is proceeding with promoting the Apple Watch, jump on the Android Wear bandwagon to show Apple how thoroughly disgruntled you are and shout how happy you are because you do not see any 1% people being given any Android Wear smart watches.

Here is an experience I had at brunch Sunday...

A guy noticed friend of mine wearing a smart watch. The guy enthusiastically asks my friend, "Is that the Apple Watch?" Even though the question was not directed to me, my negative reaction and response was so swift, all my friends just laughed at me. My friend was wearing an LG Android Wear smart watch.

I asked the guy how he could make such a mistake and his response was he had never heard of a smart watch until the Apple Watch. Priceless! Apparently, Apple's promotion of the Apple Watch on television, in magazines and with the 1% people are complaining about is making a whole lot of people aware of the Apple Watches. These people have ignored the Android Wear smart watches for over year and are now curious to see... the Apple Watch.

So, please let Apple do what it is doing to get the Apple Watch earning $,$$$,$$$,$$$s. And, yes, I pre-ordered an Apple Watch that is scheduled for a June ship date.

I have no complaints about the 1% because I am having fun not reading how someone texted they love a Samsung Galaxy Gear from the Apple Watch. I am also having fun looking for the Android Wear manufacturers to attempt copying Apple's every advertising move later this year and then claim they did something original.

On the Beyonce front, I think she will be working with Apple when her next album is released. Not much has been heard from Tidal since Jay Z's announcement a few weeks ago.

• Reply 37 of 162
    For the people complaining about the 1%, chill out! <span style="line-height:1.4em;">Jeez you are finding any reason to complain!! </span>
    <span style="line-height:1.4em;">If you are so offended by how Apple is proceeding with promoting the Apple Watch, jump on the Android Wear bandwagon to show Apple how thoroughly disgruntled you are and shout how happy you are because y</span>
    <span style="line-height:1.4em;">ou do not see any 1% people being given any Android Wear smart watches.</span>

Here is an experience I had at brunch Sunday...

A guy noticed friend of mine wearing a smart watch. The guy enthusiastically asks my friend, "Is that the Apple Watch?" <span style="line-height:1.4em;">Even though the question was not directed to me, my negative reaction and response was so swift, all my friends just laughed at me. </span>
    <span style="line-height:1.4em;">My friend was wearing an LG Android Wear smart watch.</span>

I asked the guy how he could make such a mistake and his response was he had never heard of a smart watch until the Apple Watch. Priceless! <span style="line-height:1.4em;">Apparently, Apple's promotion of the Apple Watch on television, in magazines and with the 1% people are complaining about is making a whole lot of people aware of the Apple Watches. </span>
    <span style="line-height:1.4em;">These people have ignored the Android Wear smart watches for over year and are now curious to see... the Apple Watch.</span>

So, please let Apple do what it is doing to get the Apple Watch earning $,$$$,$$$,$$$s. <span style="line-height:1.4em;">And, yes, I pre-ordered an Apple Watch that is scheduled for a June ship date.</span>

I have no complaints about the 1% because I am having fun not reading how someone texted they love a Samsung Galaxy Gear from the Apple Watch. I am also having fun looking for the Android Wear manufacturers to attempt copying Apple's every advertising move later this year and then claim they did something original.

On the Beyonce front, I think she will be working with Apple when her next album is released. Not much has been heard from Tidal since Jay Z's announcement a few weeks ago.

Android Wear OEMs are screwed. Just like with phones it will be a race to the bottom. They'll be like Android tablets...something carriers give away when you buy a phone.
  • Reply 38 of 162
    Quote:

Originally Posted by leighr View Post

For those who haven't figured it out, the strategy behind giving celebrities and fashion leaders an Apple Watch is quite simple. Think about the one problem that all the other smart watch makers have had trying to gain traction. Apple has to break the perception that smart watches are only for geeks, techno's or fitness freaks, who don't mind wearing rubber bands. That's why Samsung and co. have all failed. Watches are a fashion item. So if fashionable, artistic, "cool" people are wearing them, then they're obviously not just a geek toy. I don't believe that any of these celebs are being paid to wear them (unlike Samsung's cash for tweets strategy) because unlike the others, the Apple watch is actually fashionable, made from quality materials, with an emphasis on design, plus a killer interface and operating system. Cleverly, Apple has approached it from the other end than that of other smart watch makers, who promoted their software as the number one feature (which, by the way, looks very second rate compared to the Apple Watch OS). Apple's promoting fashion first, with the incredible underlying technology being almost a "well, you'd expect the best from Apple anyway" statement. Watch them sell.

That watch and bracelet were paid for.

Looks like you need to figure it out. lol.

• Reply 39 of 162
    foggyhillfoggyhill Posts: 4,767member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by leavingthebigG View Post

Apple ][, you cracked me up with this one!

I would LMAO, if the CEO of Samsung was spotted wearing a gold Apple Watch or any Apple Watch!!

The Samsung CEO wouldn't be caught dead wearing a Samsung watch, just like you need to wear clean underwear in case your die somehow that day...

• Reply 40 of 162
    leighrleighr Posts: 256member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by AppleSauce007 View Post

That watch and bracelet were paid for.

Looks like you need to figure it out. lol.

You don't get it. Apple gives the celebrities the watch, yes, but they don't then keep paying them to wear it.