Originally Posted by teckstud View Post

And I'm crazy? Simmer down now!

It's entirely different.
  • Reply 42 of 158
    irelandireland Posts: 17,798member
    Quote:

I have an Apple Airport express.

I thought everyting is supposed to just work in it's own ecosystem.

Oh no he's off again.
  • Reply 43 of 158
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Ireland View Post

Don't expect that until 4.0. In the meantime get a Pre. I'll stick with one app at a time, but much richer apps.

Personally I've only ever wanted one type of multi-tasking: The ability to play a radio app in the background. That's all.

I just want to be able to send texts from inside of open apps
  • Reply 44 of 158
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by MissionGrey View Post

I just want to be able to send texts from inside of open apps

Yeah, "quick reply". Check my comment bottom of page one. Agree.
  • Reply 45 of 158
    jupiteronejupiterone Posts: 1,564member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by mesomorphicman View Post

My old iPod touch used to do similar, would put cover art on the wrong songs. When I re-synced everything (wipe clean then reload) it fixed the problem. Maybe you can try that. I think it happened when I would interrupt the sync process by stopping the sync, think that screwed up the album art.

Yes, that was going to be my next step, a full restore. The funny thing is that the "random cover art" I was referring to is actually random Genius Mix cover art. The ones with the four square album art covers. Like this...

• Reply 46 of 158
    Quote:

Oh no he's off again.

Quote:

I have an Apple Airport express.

I thought everyting is supposed to just work in it's own ecosystem.

Quote:

It is not the router. It is not the router. It is not the router. It is not the router.

It's not the router that hates the iPhone, it's the iPhone that hates the router, even Apple ones. It's a bug in the bloomin' OS!

I have both the Airport router and Airport Express, and my phone talks to them just fine.

Thats just me of course
  • Reply 47 of 158
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by MissionGrey View Post

I have both the Airport router and Airport Express, and my phone talks to them just fine.

Thats just me of course

I know everyone isn't effected, but many are. Just check Twitter, it's being a huge issue for weeks. It's sort of like when you update your Mac OS and get no issues, you wrongly can assume there are no bugs just because you haven't been effected.
  • Reply 48 of 158
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by yuusharo View Post

I think it still may be. My friend's linksys wifi router hates my iPhone, while at home it works great. Might be a WPA issue on either end.

It's not a router problem, you sound like a fricking Apple tech support person I was talking to.

I have wifi addresses in for 4 separate locations. All friends houses (work won't allow iPhone on the network).

I have the problem at every house and all of us have different routers. I'm the only one with an N Router. D-Link Dir655 with the latest firmware update.

It's a iPhone OS problem. Just do a search for "wifi problems with iphone 3.0".

It's not an isolated issue and not router related.

Edit. WiFi was fine before 3.0 at all locations.
  • Reply 49 of 158
    teckstudteckstud Posts: 6,476member
    Quote:

I know everyone isn't effected, but many are. Just check Twitter, it's being a huge issue for weeks. It's sort of like when you update your Mac OS and get no issues, you wrongly can assume there are no bugs just because you haven't been effected.

I doubt the OS would only affect some and not others. It's an OS problem no doubt.

Apple should be more concerned with fixing that than crippling the Pre.
  • Reply 50 of 158
    Quote:

Give me multi- tasking Apple and not next June .

Since you demand it not be next June, it will be the June after that. So there.
  • Reply 51 of 158
    justflybobjustflybob Posts: 1,337member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by JupiterOne View Post

I hope this addresses a strange problem I've been having where the album art (not coverflow) randomly assigns album art to various videos, tv shows and podcasts.

Odd. That should have already been fixed with the last (previous) update.
  • Reply 52 of 158
    Quote:

I doubt the OS would only affect some and not others. It's an OS problem no doubt.

Apple should be more concerned with fixing that than crippling the Pre.

Interesting, 3 iPhones here (1 3GS, 2 3G) all running 3.1. No problems here with WiFi. Not complaining that's for sure!
  • Reply 53 of 158
    teckstudteckstud Posts: 6,476member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by vamonosya View Post

Interesting, 3 iPhones here (1 3GS, 2 3G) all running 3.1. No problems here with WiFi. Not complaining that's for sure!

Perhaps you turn your router off every time you leave your room?

NO complaining here either actually- it gives me some excercise to get my butt off the couch.
  • Reply 54 of 158
    chris_cachris_ca Posts: 2,543member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by sheff View Post

I am thinking of jailbreaking my iTouch,

Of course you are.

Because you call it an iTouch.
  • Reply 55 of 158
    Quote:

Lucky you.

http://search.twitter.com/search?q=iPhone+3.1+wifi
  • Reply 56 of 158
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Chris_CA View Post

Of course you are.

Because you call it an iTouch.

Who cares what he calls it. We know what he means.
  • Reply 57 of 158
    al_bundyal_bundy Posts: 1,525member
    Quote:

when my wife got a 3G i put it on our work wifi

tried with my 3GS and it didn't work. the password is very long and it wouldn't take it. we have enterprise Cisco wifi at work. both iphones work fine at home on an old linksys router
  • Reply 58 of 158
    solipsismsolipsism Posts: 25,726member
    Quote:

Don't expect that until 4.0. In the meantime get a Pre. I'll stick with one app at a time, but much richer apps.

Personally I've only ever wanted one type of multi-tasking: The ability to play a radio app in the background. That's all.

That is what I think, too, with the 3GS also getting multi-tasking capabilites, not the original or 3G as they just don't have the HW for iPhone OS X to run background apps well. I expect some sort of Setting to turn on a bcjground app or two so that when you press the Home button it insteads minimizes. Maybe to a small icon in the Menu bar.

The argument for background apps usually is limited Internet radio sincr listening to audio is one of the few widely useful things you do whilst in another app.

What I'm most interested in seeing in v4.0 is a much better messaging window, closer to what Android and WebOS have. I would like a list of all previous messages listed so I can read them in full without having to enter the app and zo I can pick ad goose which to read. After that, I want to have my phone auto-send certain numbers to VM; for instance, numbers that aren't in my address book, but that may be a carrier feature.
  • Reply 59 of 158
    chris_cachris_ca Posts: 2,543member
    Quote:

Who cares what he calls it. We know what he means.

Yes, I know which is why I posted what I did.
  • Reply 60 of 158
    Quote:

Perhaps you turn your router off every time you leave your room?

NO complaining here either actually- it gives me some excercise to get my butt off the couch.

Nope, Time Capsule Extreme and an Airport Extreme (both with current firmware) always on here and are very reliable for me. I do IT for a living and use WiFi in multiple locations every day with a variety of brand name hardware. Solid! ATT 3G coverage in my area is another story! Has improved over the last year but has a way to go by comparison to my former provider Sprint.