Sources reveal part of Apple's new Mac product lineup

Comments

• Reply 121 of 186
    teckstudteckstud Posts: 6,476member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by DaveGee View Post

The Oracle...

The RDF Entity (you must of seen the Trek episode about it)

The All Knowing, all Seeing MahaStevie

Mr. Wonka

The Next American-Idol Judge (shhh don't tell)

Oh yea one more...

His Eminence or just Emm to his inner circle

Okay that should do it.

You forgot- MASTER!
  • Reply 122 of 186
    rob55rob55 Posts: 1,291member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Restalot View Post

You can't say "Eminence" or Eminem will sue again.

SJ is really Q
  • Reply 123 of 186
    gazoobeegazoobee Posts: 3,754member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by xwiredtva View Post

I've been ripping on a PC. This is good news! Any idea if Handbrake works on OS X (in regards to ripping)?

Handbrake works far better on OS-X than it does on the PC actually.
  • Reply 124 of 186
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by NasserAE View Post

I don't know why when I saw "SIM" I thought it means SIM card for cellular networks

The people at macminicolo.com will be very happy if the new Mini rumors are true.

I suspect it is SIMultanious Dual Band, N and G at the same time.

Gordon
  • Reply 125 of 186
    davegeedavegee Posts: 2,765member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by ouragan View Post

Where's the news from "reliable sources"? The online Stores are down throughout the Planet, but this is public news. The "Mac-related product numbers" from "reliable sources" amount to next to nothing because there are no Mac model numbers. Why not wait until the Stores are back up?

PUBLIC news?!!? Well if you mean news FOUND 1st (near as I can tell) on AI then yes this is NEWS until such a time as Apple reopens the store and as far said news amounting to nothing well that's you opinion and are welcome to believe it but you'd certainly get arguments to the contrary from many others here.
  • Reply 126 of 186
    al_bundyal_bundy Posts: 1,525member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Clive At Five View Post

Which is why an Apple mid-tower would be perfect for you. It would be just as easy to set up as a Mac Mini, it would have easily accessible RAM, and desktop graphics for the games. You could boot-camp Windows and wouldn't have to sacrifice those PC only titles. Even with boot camp, a Mac Mini wouldn't be able to handle GTA IV...

There is a need for a mid-tower. Apple just wants its big fat profit margin from iMacs and Mac Pros. They're a business, so I don't begrudge them for it, but it make my life easier, not having to check out all the Hackintosh forums for hours before I buy a new computer part...

-Clive

i doubt an Apple tower is coming. Other than Mac Pro's Apple sells laptop parts in every computer and i bet Time Machine and Apple TV are the same thing as a Mini except larger HD and slightly different version of OS X

For the Mac Pro they have to sell a tower since there is no laptop components that will do the job and if they lose the Mac Pro target market then they will lose market share in their home computer markets
  • Reply 127 of 186
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by teckstud View Post

16:9 ratio + no blu-ray = worthless

What do you mean worthless? You can get your new VESA mount, hang the Mac on the wall and just plug your external Blu-Ray pl....oh wait.
  • Reply 128 of 186
    I hope the new Mac min can be configured on the online store with SSDs.

The hard drive is the main performance bottleneck of the Mac mini.

Even if it can't be I'll probably still buy it and swap it out myself.

I think the Mac mini with Snow Leopard Server is going to be very attractive to education and small business customers.
  • Reply 129 of 186
    Polished aluminum to go with the glass screens... Yum...
  • Reply 130 of 186
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by wobegon View Post

If the store isn't back up with new shiny things in ten minutes, I don't know what I'm going to do!

...well, other than continuing to ferociously refresh the page.

Well, one might think there is more to it than the relatively short list of items that were posted. Although, some of the BTO stuff could take a while to verify that it's working correctly in every country's store.
  • Reply 131 of 186
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Gazoobee View Post

Get an external burner or a Mac Pro with it though. The notebook slot loader is kinda slow and has a tendency for disks to get stuck with repeated use.
  • Reply 132 of 186
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by xwiredtva View Post

http://www.monoprice.com/products/pr...seq=1&format=2

After it's hooked up goto SysPref, Display and Choose 1080p or 720p or whatever the Mini finds your TV is capable of. YES, it works.

This carries audio in addition to video?

I guess why the new Minis having HDMI would be interesting to me is that I think it would signal Apple finally refreshing the ATV but by merging it with the Mini to create new combined product class.
  • Reply 133 of 186
    outsideroutsider Posts: 6,008member
    Store will be up in 3 minutes.
  • Reply 134 of 186
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by technohermit View Post

What do you mean worthless? You can get your new VESA mount, hang the Mac on the wall and just plug your external Blu-Ray pl....oh wait.

No OS level support.
  • Reply 135 of 186
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Gazoobee View Post

I know... 28mins to rip a 2hr movie on OS X, over 1hr on Windows... Linux however rips in about the same time as OS X on similar hardware. AMD cpu's seem to do things a little quicker in Ubuntu than Intels.

MacMini 2.0 2009... 1.83 2007 was a tad slower but not much.
  • Reply 136 of 186
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Outsider View Post

Store will be up in 3 minutes.

MacTease
  • Reply 137 of 186
    I hope they are replacing the one that hooks on to the 24" iMac. I have had nothing but trouble with mine, and it's still not mounted. I'm glad they have read the reviews and done something about it. Hopefully it will be perfect as expected. Screws and torq key were a nightmare!
  • Reply 138 of 186
    mactelmactel Posts: 1,275member
    That's strange. I didn't believe they'd intro new Macbooks. It must not be a case redesign then.
  • Reply 139 of 186
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by mcmlxix View Post

I guess why the new Minis having HDMI would be interesting to me is that I think it would signal Apple finally refreshing the ATV but by merging it with the Mini to create new combined product class.

Not that one. I couldn't find the other one but it has a MiniD port and 3.5mm audio jack, then an HDMI on the other end. It's short so you need to get an extension cable as well.
  • Reply 140 of 186
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by mcmlxix View Post

No, it doesn't carry audio. The mini display port spec allows for audio, however apple has gimped their offerings so none of the current products carry audio over display port.

Give me 7.1 over display port and i'll replace my HTPC.