'Mark the Spot' iPhone app aims to find AT&T trouble areas

1234568»

Comments

• Reply 141 of 147
    Man, I hope AT&T will really be listening. I work at a local Walmart that sells the iPhone, in fact our store is honored as the #1 seller of iPhones in our area. The problem, reception is spotty at best inside the store. I've been asking for a "repeater or signal booster" inside the store to fully show off the iPhone. Over a year and still no response from AT&T.

I will be using this new app constantly as well as friends who have the same problem. So AT&T here is your chance to clean up your image with your users. Do something.
  • Reply 142 of 147
    pmzpmz Posts: 3,433member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by johnwhite1000 View Post

Verizon only declined it because Apple wanted a large chunk of everybodys monthly bill. Pure typical Steve Jobs greed has resulted in a beautiful product giving less reliable service than we would otherwise have.

Um, less reliable service to who? Not me. My AT&T 3G works perfectly, every single day.

Whats wrong with you?

I'm not kidding, I'm beginning to think to there is actually something wrong with most of YOU, and not AT&T. I can't corroborate any of your stories.
  • Reply 143 of 147
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by noexpectations View Post

I'm sure the Verizon fanboys on this forum (aka employees) will find a way.

No Wireless Carrier can identify all of their weak spots. To do so, it would require an army of engineers to literally walk over every square meter of this country with listening devices/probes. And then once a new building is erected, that local data is obsolete.

This will pinpoint the troubles and allow AT&T to focus on those areas to an accuracy far greater than anyone else can provide.

Your response is much too logical and not based upon hyperbole and baseless allegations.

Shame on you!
  • Reply 144 of 147
    Quote:

MR JOHN WHITE

CONGRATS -(STOP)- YOU HAVE BEEN SELECTED TO REPLACE ONLY PERSON LESS INTELLIGENT THAN YOU -(STOP)- NAME TECKSTUD -(STOP)- HE HAS BEEN BANNED FOR THREE DAYS DUE TO RAMPANT DOUCHBAGERY -(STOP)- WE NEED YOU TO CONTINUE WHERE HE LEFT OFF -(STOP)-

BROTHERHOOD OF TROLLS

1 UNDERBRIDGE WAY

NEW YORK CITY, NY

PS PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE -(STOP)-

solipsism I don't comment frequently here but I do lurk on these forums A LOT. I smell a sockpuppet. the hyperbole and vitrol are just too identical to teckstuds to be a coincidence, frankly.
  • Reply 145 of 147
    solipsismsolipsism Posts: 25,726member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by lonefrontranger View Post

solipsism I don't comment frequently here but I do lurk on these forums A LOT. I smell a sockpuppet. the hyperbole and vitrol are just too identical to teckstuds to be a coincidence, frankly.

You have a point but he warned during his last banishment that using another alias was grounds for permanent banishment. Last time the name was created immediately after the banning while johnwhite1000 was created on 03-NOV-2009. Maybe he stored up some names knowing he'll likely get banned once again.
    At any rate, welcome to the posting side of AI.
  • Reply 146 of 147
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by solipsism View Post

You have a point but he warned during his last banishment that using another alias was grounds for permanent banishment. Last time the name was created immediately after the banning while johnwhite1000 was created on 03-NOV-2009. Maybe he stored up some names knowing he'll likely get banned once again.
    At any rate, welcome to the posting side of AI.

thanks. i've been using web forums since back in the bad old days of ICQ and compuserve. any dedicated troll (b/tards anyone?) would tell you that threats of an ip bannin' are mere fuel to the flames. Any bored teenager with a techie IQ equal to their underwear measurement is capable of ip spoofing, and likely has a quiver of sockpuppets available for use at a moments notice. It seemed a bit dodgy that that account was around for maybe a month, if that, with no significant usage up until teckstud's got banned and then alla sudden it's got 20 replies on it? smelled like socks to me, or maybe I'm just cynical.

anyhows back to the discussion at hand and apologies for the derail.

ahem. Okay, sure, bottom line: AT&T likely views this as a publicity / marketing plus (we're all in it for something, hey?) but IMO how can effectively "open sourcing" their coverage issue map possibly be a bad thing?

besides, if you analyse any mobile provider closely I'll warrant you'll find they all suck equally in unique ways. Yea I was pretty content with Verizon so long as all I ever wanted to do was make calls on my mobile. Once I tried going outside their very limited little box of expertise to (god forbid) attempt using my smartphone as anything remotely "smart", I was only just too glad to bail out and try AT&T. Sure they've had glitches but I've never had any major headaches with them. Try calling Verizon sometime to dispute a charge on your bill, I dare you -- and boy do they ever love to tack on those mysterious charges!