Magic Mouse helps Apple double share of market in 8 weeks

Comments

• Reply 161 of 202
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by solipsism View Post

The dismissing of posters seems overly antagonistic, MobileMe.

Dude I've had a crazy afternoon, and it didn't help hearing people complain about nonsense... I mean C'mon why use such strong words when you promote Apple by buying there products?

POS, CRAPPY, NEVER GET ITS RIGHT, STOP MAKING MICE?!? Like c'mon man, let us just appreciate our Apple.

I'll seriously stop, cause it seems like my comments are now being used as a negative thing.

Only a few people get it....... Where's the Love in this forum? Where's the Peace and Appreciation?

Apple doesn't make something you don't enjoy? Then be quite and move on, but don't say comments like what I posted above.
  • Reply 162 of 202
    "Last edited by MobileMe; Today at 05:35 PM.. Reason: Grammer"

LMAO. fantastic.
  • Reply 163 of 202
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by DCno10 View Post

"Last edited by MobileMe; Today at 05:35 PM.. Reason: Grammer"

LMAO. fantastic.

see I have a funny side and can poke fun at myself
  • Reply 164 of 202
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Ireland View Post

A lot more people who like it bother writing reviews.

Conjecture. Prove it.
  • Reply 165 of 202
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Sabon View Post

I've had two of the keyboards since they first came out and one travels with me a lot. Neither have ANY damage at all. What are you doing with your keyboards? Using them as broadswords?

Oh, and I really like the Magic Mouse except for the lack of "middle click" and squeeze buttons. I've got no other beef with it than those two things.

It broke. What can I say? Anything that breaks irritates me. Why would it not? I'm only a pretend avatar.

Both of the aluminum keyboards are so light they seem to bounce at times and slide back and forth when I type. That forces me to pay attention to the device itself. Like a dull carving knife when I need for it to be really sharp. Any technical mishap for any reason can snap me right out of the flow I occupy when I attempt to capture drifting thoughts with words. I don't wanna hafta think about machinery when I'm writing. I just want it to work. Why else would I buy a Mac?
  • Reply 166 of 202
    Besides the fact that mine drops its connection, I LOVE it!!!

Havnt used a better mouse. It feels premium and looks damn nice too.
  • Reply 167 of 202
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by felixmanos View Post

It broke. What can I say? Anything that breaks irritates me. Why would it not? I'm only a pretend avatar.

Both of the aluminum keyboards are so light they seem to bounce at times and slide back and forth when I type. That forces me to pay attention to the device itself. Like a dull carving knife when I need for it to be really sharp. Any technical mishap for any reason can snap me right out of the flow I occupy when I attempt to capture drifting thoughts with words. I don't wanna hafta think about machinery when I'm writing. I just want it to work. Why else would I buy a Mac?

WTH are you talking about? Keyboard bouncing back and forth as you type?? Does it spontaneously backflip when you're not looking, too? How the hell did you end up breaking your keyboard?? Lame . . .
  • Reply 168 of 202
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Ireland View Post

A lot more people who like it bother writing reviews.

uh, yeah. In bizzaro world.
  • Reply 169 of 202
    newbeenewbee Posts: 2,055member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by caliminius View Post

Kind of a non sequitor, don't you think? It would help if there was at least something vaguely connecting computer mice and girls. Not to mention a lousy kisser could learn to be a good kisser. A badly designed mouse can't do anything but be badly designed.

If girls were manufactured by specific companies like computer mice, and the first one I kissed from Company X was a lousy kisser, I wouldn't hook up with another girl from Company X.

My point was, altho' obviously not stated clearly enough, was simply this: to not like something you have never tried is ,imo, the height of arrogance. Surely one should have some actual personal experience before deciding the worthiness of something, don't you think?
  • Reply 170 of 202
    sheffsheff Posts: 1,407member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Zep View Post

its not bitterness towards apple. its bitterness towards the zealotry of most of the apple product users. anytime anyone says anything against apple, founded or not, its instant heresy. you're guilty of it the most, quadra is next.

also, the i<insert word here> is annoying and overdone.

iStone him to death.
  • Reply 171 of 202
    newbeenewbee Posts: 2,055member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by solipsism View Post

I like the mouse and keyboard. Does that make me a bi-textual?

LOL .. Always great to see a sharp wit in action, you know, as opposed to a halfwit .... not that there's anything wrong with that.
  • Reply 172 of 202
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Takeo View Post

Laser mice have been available from MS and Logitech for years and they blow away the "magic" mouse. Try one sometime.

I'm curious. How do they blow away the Magic Mouse (with BTT)? Do you mean they track better? Are you sure? Where was this tested?

If you mean in other areas, the Magic Mouse kicks ass over MS and Logitech. Using BTT I've got mine set up to perform 8 different functions in a single app. And it has inertial scrolling. MS and Logitech can't do it.

Sure, you need to install a third-party tool to make the Magic Mouse useful. But who cares? First of all, it's an application, not a system extension, so there's no incompatibility problems. And once you install it, you'll never go back.

If you are talking about ergonomics, you do know that that's a very subjective topic. I happen to think the Magic Mouse is the most ergonomic mouse possible for the way I have always held a mouse.
  • Reply 173 of 202
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by caliminius View Post

If the first Microsoft mouse I bought had sucked as much as the Mighty Mouse, I would never have bought another Microsoft mouse. Given the poor user experience, Apple doesn't get the benefit of the doubt with the Magic Mouse.

After happily using (beige) Apple mice since 1986, the first MS mouse I bought was the Intellimouse Explorer, and the silver paint wore off within a month. Afterward, the mouse looked like a piece of crap. I have never used a Microsoft mouse since. Since then I've used the Pro Mouse, which I loved, despite the single button limitation, and a generic two button mini optical mouse, which I also loved. Hated every mouse from Dell, IBM and Microsoft I was forced to work on various PCS at work, and none were anywhere as good as the Pro Mouse, except maybe the second button and scroll wheel.

I also used a Logitech five button palm-fitting mouse on a roommate's gaming PC, and I must say I didn't like the experience, because the mouse was just too big, even bigger than the Intellimouse Explorer, which I also thought was too big.

Skipped the Mighty Mouse, though I was tempted to get one, and now I'm not sorry I did.

The Magic Mouse is hands down the best mouse I've ever used.
  • Reply 174 of 202
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by steviet02 View Post

Yes, actually all of their mice have sucked, including this one. Very cumbersome to use, imo of course.

There must be a part of a designer's brain dedicated to mouse design. How else can you can explain the fact that collectively Apple designers lead in computer design but fail so miserably with mouse design
  • Reply 175 of 202
    My guess is you've never used the Magic Mouse. Everyone may not agree on the ergonomics, but it's almost unanimously agreed that 1) tracking is awesome and 2) scrolling is awesome. If you're claiming the exact opposite then your motivation is that you've got an axe to grind. The runners are fine. Why would you want your money back when it's clear you don't own one?

Quote:
    Originally Posted by umijin View Post

Yeah, the Magic Mouse is a marked improvement over the Mighty mouse and any other previous Apple mouse. But that's where the praise needs to stop.

It absolutely sucks compared to anything else. Tracking is poor on most surfaces, scrolling (or smearing on this mouse) is awful, the shape is not ergonomic, and the material for the runners isn't even low-friction. It's just plain awful, and I want my money back.

Logitech's mouse software drivers may blow, but their hardware is solid. My two year old VX Nano is way, way better even without all the buttons assigned special functions.

My bet is that most people buying this mouse haven't spent much time with it before hand and made their purchase to get the latest thing. I certainly did, and I regret it.

PS: Oh, then there is the environmentally unfriendly and useless plastic packaging it comes in. As much plastic as in the mouse, and no way to use it for some other purpose. There's no snap or hinge to hold the lid in place - my kids wouldn't even play with it. What an incredible waste!

Compare the packaging to the blister pack (including cardboard and plastic) for other mice. Environmentally, it's fine. The packaging is not meant to be discarded. It's meant to be retained for storage of the mouse, which is why it looks so good.
  • Reply 176 of 202
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by umijin View Post

Sadly, the looks can't hide its environmental unfriendliness. The Magic Mouse has the single most wasteful packaging on a tech item I've seen in 5 years.

Dude, you're such a liar. Just by looking at it, you can see that that Logitech packaging is more wasteful. How about transportation? That's an environmental issue. Bigger packaging means more trucks. More trucks mean more pollution.

Again, the efficient packaging for the Magic Mouse is not meant to be disposable. And if you wanted to dispose of it anyway, it absolutely is recyclable so don't lie about that any more.
  • Reply 177 of 202
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by rain View Post

Agreed.

The Magic Mouse is one of the worst i've used. It's too small to rest the hand on > puts enormous amount of strain on the wrist.

It's not meant to rest the hand on. That's what you guys just refuse to accept. Unless you have wrists that are so weak that you might need PT, there's no reason you can't hold your wrist up without resting your hand on something for a full day of work at the computer and feel absolutely no fatigue or strain.

It seems "ergonomic" mouse design has caused widespread atrophy.
  • Reply 178 of 202
    I am sure this is a great product once you get used to it, but I am one of the few that actually adores my might mouse and wouldn't swap it as yet, I love the shape, boy do I like the shape, the one button functioning as two, the scroll wheel that lets you scroll horizontally too, and the side ways press function.

I also absolutely despise that fake aluminum paint on the lower part of the magic mouse, this is very unapple design, and reminds me of tacky pc color, why don't they stick to all white like they should? It should either be real aluminum lower side or white, plastic with an aluminum sheen is not tasteful, I know I am nitpicking but that's so great about apple products sometimes, they allow us to nitpick.

Btw, it's time capsule you moron analysts not time machine.
  • Reply 179 of 202
    messiahmessiah Posts: 1,689member
    What I find interesting is that you HAVE to be running 10.6.2 in order for the mouse to function.

That's a lot of people running 10.6.2, and I have to wonder how many people have upgraded to 10.6.2, from say Leopard or Tiger, in order to use the shiny new mouse.

Apple's policy of forcing users to run the very latest OS release, in order to enjoy the latest peripherals, is obviously paying dividends.
  • Reply 180 of 202
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by MobileMe View Post

Dude I've had a crazy afternoon, and it didn't help hearing people complain about nonsense... I mean C'mon why use such strong words when you promote Apple by buying there products?

POS, CRAPPY, NEVER GET ITS RIGHT, STOP MAKING MICE?!? Like c'mon man, let us just appreciate our Apple.

I'll seriously stop, cause it seems like my comments are now being used as a negative thing.

Only a few people get it....... Where's the Love in this forum? Where's the Peace and Appreciation?

Apple doesn't make something you don't enjoy? Then be quite and move on, but don't say comments like what I posted above.

Face it- this webisite has become a warped, self -masturbatory, member- stroking joke which has no basis in reality. Any unbiased words against any Apple producst are considered negative and not with the "program". So many good members have left for this very reason. Many have been censored and left. The global moderators have now become the Apple police. Pathetic.