Magic Mouse helps Apple double share of market in 8 weeks

Comments

• Reply 101 of 202
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by JeffDM View Post

Invalid argument. One does not need to be able to make a given something in order to not like someone else made. Another example, I don't need to be playing a sport to be able to point out players that are exhibiting unsportsmanlike conduct.

Jeff (The GM) .... It's hard to not be biased when iDont see another Multi Touch Mouse on the Market?

Until we have different Multi Touch Mice, then Apple will have the edge in that particulary category of FULL MULTI TOUCH MICE..... You can't compare Laser Mice to Multi Touch... Thats like Comparing Dan Marino to Barry Sanders.

My complaint is that the people who are whining about how the Mouse SUCKS are comparing it to other mice that aren't even in the same category.

It would be totally different if the discussion were about Apple's Multi Touch Mouse vs Microsofts Multi Touch Mouse
  • Reply 102 of 202
    irelandireland Posts: 17,799member
    I'll criticize Apple all I want, it's my human right to do so. Stop being so defense guys to Apple criticism and grow up a little.
  • Reply 103 of 202
    zepzep Posts: 130member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by MobileMe View Post

Jeff (The GM) .... It's hard to not be biased when iDont see another Multi Touch Mouse on the Market?

Until we have different Multi Touch Mice, then Apple will have the edge in that particulary category of FULL MULTI TOUCH MICE..... You can't compare Laser Mice to Multi Touch... Thats like Comparing Dan Marino to Barry Sanders.

My complaint is that the people who are whining about how the Mouse SUCKS are comparing it to other mice that aren't even in the same category.

It would be totally different if the discussion were about Apple's Multi Touch Mouse vs Microsofts Multi Touch Mouse

uh the magic mouse is a laser mouse, so its in the same category. your comparison of marino and sanders is also a valid comparison as they were both football players.

if a mouse is uncomfortable, it doesnt matter what shiny feature it has. it sucks based on the fact it is not comfortable.

my complaint against you is you have no thought behind anything you post. if its anti-apple or anything against apple, its wrong and heresy. you then start to praise jobs like he is your savior. news flash... he isnt. he is a guy behind a company who makes usually good products. every company has some flops. apple is no different. their mice SUCK. end of story.
  • Reply 104 of 202
    The people that think the Magic Mouse is hard to use must be complete morons. It isn't that hard to move the mouse around on the desk and push the left side or right side to click. I think they can even figure out how to move their finger back and forth to scroll too!

If they really can't figure out how to use a mouse, maybe they shouldn't be using a computer either.
  • Reply 105 of 202
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Ireland View Post

I'll criticize Apple all I want, it's my human right to do so. Stop being so defense guys to Apple criticism and grow up a little.

NO

Just Kidding .... TO ALL POSTERS ON AI Just keep make sure your Criticism are back by Facts So you can make better arguments
  • Reply 106 of 202
    I must admit it took some getting used to but, after that the ease of scrolling up and down is a big help for my CTS.
  • Reply 107 of 202
    jeffdmjeffdm Posts: 12,953member
    Quote:

That's not a question, so why the question mark?

I don't think being it's own class necessarily matters for all comparisons. If it's not comfortable for a given person, be it for size, shape or response curve, it doesn't matter if it has a fancy innovative touch panel or not, it's not going to be used. Having or not having a new feature isn't always a good litmus test as to how well it works for a person.
  • Reply 108 of 202
    jeffdmjeffdm Posts: 12,953member
    Quote:

NO

Just Kidding .... TO ALL POSTERS ON AI Just keep make sure your Criticism are back by Facts So you can make better arguments

Is all your praise backed by facts too?
  • Reply 109 of 202
    Quote:

NO

you are the epitome of not taking your own advice. care to back up all your apple worshiping with facts?
  • Reply 110 of 202
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Zep View Post

uh the magic mouse is a laser mouse, so its in the same category. your comparison of marino and sanders is also a valid comparison as they were both football players.

if a mouse is uncomfortable, it doesnt matter what shiny feature it has. it sucks based on the fact it is not comfortable.

my complaint against you is you have no thought behind anything you post. if its anti-apple or anything against apple, its wrong and heresy. you then start to praise jobs like he is your savior. news flash... he isnt. he is a guy behind a company who makes usually good products. every company has some flops. apple is no different. their mice SUCK. end of story.

I tried to be Nice Zep I really did jk :LOL: anyway..... When I say FULL MULTI TOUCH MOUSE, I mean FULL MULTI TOUCH MOUSE. Show me a mouse you can do finger gestures/swipes on??... SHOW ME!!??

The only complaint you should have against me is that when you complain, I show you that your complaints are worthless.

Yes your right anyone who goes against apple WITHOUT FACTS gets the "Steve Jobs Flame Thrower" released onto them. I praise only one person and thats NOT STEVE JOBS, its Jesus Christ.....Steve though is blessed with an ability and has always given us the BEST OF THE BEST, and I appreciate ALL he's been able to do for society.

Apple stays under a microscope because they RARELY do wrong. People like you and the Bandwagon Bashers crawl out from your catacombs to make invalid arguments against Apple. Which get shot down by me and any other people who defend Apple.

If you post facts behind your backless words then I'll be glad to agree and be quite. But until that day.......
  • Reply 111 of 202
    Good=no more clogged scroll ball.

Bad=no more scroll ball button.

I had to adjust when switching from a Microsoft mouse to the Mighty Mouse. Once I did it was fine - except for that clogging scroll ball. Same with the Magic Mouse. I'm adapting to its different shape and operation as I continue to use it. It will be fine. Loving the track pad-like scrolling, including the acceleration. I've already activated a corner of the screen for launching Dashboard Widgets - not as convenient as the scroll ball as button, but close.

I can understand why it's selling well. It won't appeal to everyone, but no mouse does. The article isn't about YOU liking the mouse, it's about enough people liking it to double Apple's share of the market.
  • Reply 112 of 202
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by JeffDM View Post

Is all your praise backed by facts too?

Jeff did you take my pic down ??
  • Reply 113 of 202
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Zep View Post

you are the epitome of not taking your own advice. care to back up all your apple worshiping with facts?

I'll venture to lend him a hand here.

http://forums.appleinsider.com/showp...4&postcount=34

+

http://www.appleinsider.com/articles...n_8_weeks.html

= Facts
  • Reply 114 of 202
    The Guys over in GIZMODO

http://gizmodo.com/5386202/apple-magic-mouse-review

A windows mindset Perspective from CNET:

http://reviews.cnet.com/mice/apple-m...-33783857.html

Trends Review

http://www.digitaltrends.com/product...-mouse-review/

Please notice their "BAD" comments are due to there lack of being able to grasp the new frontier in which the Magic Mouse will evolve into.

PLUS EVERYONE FAILS TO SEE THE BIG PICTURE! APPLE WILL SOLVE YOUR WHINING COMPLAINTS WITH SOFTWARE UPDATES SINCE IT CAN ADD RIGHT CLICK ETC... THROUGH THEM.. Thats the Beauty of SOFTWARE, Just like how Apple solved the Keyboard issue for the iPhone and for phones in general. SOFTWARE INSIDE THE MOUSE CAN ENABLE TONS OF FEATURES YOU WANTED OR FEATURES YOU DIDN'T EVEN KNOW YOU WANTED.
  • Reply 115 of 202
    This amazes me. An article is published about Apple doubling its market share after the introduction of a new product. We then get 3 pages of flame wars (from Apple fans, no less!) about it being a POS and how everyone hates it! (I know not everyone says they hate it, but enough for me to generalize and not be exaggerating too much.) Maybe you guys should be frequenting an HP or Dell blog instead.
  • Reply 116 of 202
    Quote:

I tried to be Nice Zep I really did jk :LOL: anyway..... When I say FULL MULTI TOUCH MOUSE, I mean FULL MULTI TOUCH MOUSE. Show me a mouse you can do finger gestures/swipes on??... SHOW ME!!??

The only complaint you should have against me is that when you complain, I show you that your complaints are worthless.

Yes your right anyone who goes against apple WITHOUT FACTS gets the "Steve Jobs Flame Thrower" released onto them. I praise only one person and thats NOT STEVE JOBS, its Jesus Christ.....Steve though is blessed with an ability and has always given us the BEST OF THE BEST, and I appreciate ALL he's been able to do for society.

Apple stays under a microscope because they RARELY do wrong. People like you and the Bandwagon Bashers crawl out from your catacombs to make invalid arguments against Apple. Which get shot down by me and any other people who defend Apple.

If you post facts behind your backless words then I'll be glad to agree and be quite. But until that day.......

you really are a piece of work.

fine. you want some facts from review sites since you have never backed any of your praise of apple being amazing for society.

Quote:

As much as we love Apple products, the Mighty Mouse has just never been all that comfortable to use; Bluetooth and laser-tracking are certainly nice additions, but until they make these things more ergonomic, we're holding on to our Logitech gear.

source: http://www.engadget.com/2006/07/25/b...ady-available/

Quote:

Pros: I like the touch sensitive surface and the sleek design. Bluetooth is also nice as it frees up a usb port on my MBP.

Cons: Ergonomically it's a bust. If you need to use it more than 30 minutes, it's a pain, literally. Also the bluetooth doesn't play well with my Unibody MBP. When my mac wakes up, the mouse isn't reconnected automatically. I have to manually reconnect.

source: http://reviews.cnet.com/mice/apple-m...3783857-5.html

there are more. note this is for both mice, uncomfortable POSs. im not going to clog up the forum with more links as they are quite easy to find. and with the way you talk about jobs being so great, you praise him too.

big companies are always under the microscope. its part of it. i will praise apple when they deserve it. they do not deserve it on their mice. they have always been uncomfortable to me for extended use.
  • Reply 117 of 202
    Quote:

Please notice their "BAD" comments are due to there lack of being able to grasp the new frontier in which the Magic Mouse will evolve into.

what does not having to grasp the idea behind the magic mouse have to do with it being uncomfortable? nothing. it is impossible for you to see the bad in apple.
  • Reply 118 of 202
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by hillstones View Post

The people that think the Magic Mouse is hard to use must be complete morons.

The problem with that thinking is the assumption that everyone is a geek. This hidden button-lift a finger, crappy tracking, unergonomic crap could be avoided if Apple was so darn stubborn when it came to mice. Apple never got nice and they probably never will. When you get a good mouse you'll understand that someday, if your fanboy will let you.
  • Reply 119 of 202
    Quote:

Touchy touchy.
  • Reply 120 of 202
    ilogicilogic Posts: 298member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Takeo View Post

Yes. The Magic Mouse is garbage. It may even be worse than the Mighty Mouse. They haven't made a good mouse since the ADB II.

The Mighty Mouse may not be for everyone but I wouldn't say it's outright garbage. It's actually quite a pleasure to use, and I've already imagined potential functions which they could extend to it.

I think they're on to something, so I hope who ever is behind its engineering will push on since it's selling quite well for it's first version. I don't think they have a choice but to improve upon it since it's sold with every iMac.

I love this mouse, they just have to expand the amount of interface controls that it can activate with the multi-touch. It does work with some of the major programs like iTunes but I want it to start controlling more things in the Property Inspector.

I hate the name though... why not iRodent