Apple iPad to arrive in U.S. on April 3, preorders begin March 12

Comments

• Reply 61 of 197
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by anantksundaram View Post

Gosh, I am sure lots of people would love to be your stockbroker!

Dude at least I don't have to sell my shares to afford and iPad. Thats makes alot of sense. Selling something that increases to buy something that decreases rapidly in value. You keep up the good work there E.F Hutton.

If you need any accessories maybe you can just pop out a gold tooth, you know gold is at an all time high......
  • Reply 62 of 197
    nasseraenasserae Posts: 3,167member
    Quote:

Well, yeah specially when $5 drop in a $200 share is 10%
  • Reply 63 of 197
    chronsterchronster Posts: 1,894member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by extremeskater View Post

Yeah I might as well. I guess when you have to sell your shares to afford an iPad your not very smart or as well of as you claim..

at least he can spell YOU'RE and OFF!

jk jk jk

seriously, who cares? what an odd thing to bicker about. The market is up today everywhere. Being the ignorant uneducated doofus that I am, I have to go with my gut instinct and say Apple's stock is slightly higher because of this announcement, but maybe not by as much as some people here would like to make it sound.

I say that because I just don't see the sense in it going up a good bit all from this announcement. Everyone knew it was coming already.
  • Reply 64 of 197
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by chronster View Post

at least he can spell YOU'RE and OFF!

jk jk jk

seriously, who cares? what an odd thing to bicker about. The market is up today everywhere. Being the ignorant uneducated doofus that I am, I have to go with my gut instinct and say Apple's stock is slightly higher because of this announcement, but maybe not by as much as some people here would like to make it sound.

I say that because I just don't see the sense in it going up a good bit all from this announcement. Everyone knew it was coming already.

Oh I don't care I am just busting them on him. He is kind of sensitive. I try not to pick on him too much he gets upset easy.
  • Reply 65 of 197
    yesicanyesican Posts: 46member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Gazoobee View Post

In your rush to insult us all, you forgot to put any sense or meaning in your comment. What the heck is "$500 16GB WiFi device" even mean?

Even if I ignore the mis-spelling of "GB" (you said Gigabit), there are "WiFi devices" of all stripes, sizes and prices from 50 cents all the way up to millions of dollars.

Funny how you felt the need to slam me for using Gb instead of GB yet fully understood what I meant? \

And fyi-"$500 16GB WiFi device" means exactly what it says.
  • Reply 66 of 197
    igeniusigenius Posts: 1,240member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by chronster View Post

So are you talking about web content specifically, or do you mean it will only be able to play videos encoded with one type of codec? Like, I won't be able to transfer a dvdrip torrent to it and play it without using videora or something first?

I'm talking about both. Lots of video on the 'web just won't work on a 'Pad.

Additionally, lots and lots of video will need transcoding to work.

And finally, the antique aspect ratio means that movies will be tiny compared to any modern 16:9 10 inch screen.

Meh. The 'Pad falls down in exactly the areas for which I would most want a tablet.
  • Reply 67 of 197
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by NasserAE View Post

Well, yeah specially when $5 drop in a $200 share is 10%

Thats almost as bad as having to delete your post for not being able to read.
  • Reply 68 of 197
    justflybobjustflybob Posts: 1,337member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by svnipp View Post

Now if only Apple would announce or release the MBP updates. The wait on this is really killing me.

You, me and Wu's estimate of 50 other people are waiting as well.
  • Reply 69 of 197
    dr millmossdr millmoss Posts: 5,403member
    Quote:

Like I said Apple is up because the entire market is up. Google is currently up 9.50 is that also because of the iPad.. Educate yourself. The entire market is up because of the jobs report. Get a clue.

Like everyone else said, you are entirely without a clue. Education your way would be like being sent back six grades.
  • Reply 70 of 197
    nasseraenasserae Posts: 3,167member
    Quote:

Thats almost as bad as having to delete your post for not being able to read.

Nice try. Keep refreshing this page every 2 seconds if that makes you feel better
  • Reply 71 of 197
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by yesiCan View Post

My hat gets tipped to anyone and everyone who buys a $500 16Gb Wifi iDevice.

May you not complain in 6 months when the price drops.

Appreciate the derision \ Ever buy a new car?

Some of us DEVELOP software...it's a BUSINESS expense, mate.

• Reply 72 of 197
    dr millmossdr millmoss Posts: 5,403member
    Quote:

I do have a bridge I'd like to sell. Way under market value.
  • Reply 73 of 197
    Quote:

Nice try. Keep refreshing this page every 2 seconds if that makes you feel better

I just happened to catch your quote before you could remove your stupid comment.
  • Reply 74 of 197
    chronsterchronster Posts: 1,894member
    Quote:

techPowerUp forums let you sit and watch a thread get updated in real time without having to refresh the page. Off topic, I know, but still cool. For threads that move quickly it's kinda like being in a chat room.
  • Reply 75 of 197
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Dr Millmoss View Post

Like everyone else said, you are entirely without a clue. Education your way would be like being sent back six grades.

Being sent back six grades would be an improvement for most of you. Clearly I am doing something right seeing I don't have to sell any of my stock to buy anything. So I wouldn't knock my understanding of the market.
  • Reply 76 of 197
    asciiascii Posts: 5,936member
    Will it be successful? Oh my Gods!! It is too much the mystery. We shall see...
  • Reply 77 of 197
    originalgoriginalg Posts: 383member
    Does this mean that there likely won't be any shortages as speculated before?
  • Reply 77 of 197
    Quote:

Yeah I might as well. I guess when you have to sell your shares to afford an iPad your not very smart or as well of as you claim..

I claimed neither.
  • Reply 79 of 197
    justflybobjustflybob Posts: 1,337member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Dr Millmoss View Post

Well, that would assume that they (as in extremeskater) got past the 5th?
  • Reply 80 of 197
    noirdesirnoirdesir Posts: 1,027member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by tumme-totte View Post

But if the thing isn't operator locked (is it?) I can go to any of the mentioned countries and purchase a Wifi or later on a Wifi + 3G and carry home to Sweden. Or?

The US 3G model is unlocked, nothing specific about carriers and locked vs. unlocked has been said for other countries.

Quote:

I am still wondering about one thing: tethering your iPhone to a Wifi-only iPad? Will work?

That is the big question.