Law firm exploring class action suit over iPhone 4 reception issues

Comments

• Reply 61 of 318
    jerseymacjerseymac Posts: 408member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by thespaz View Post

Umm... I never had a problem with my reception or service until now. So yes, for the past 2 years with my iPhone 3G, I couldn't complain about the network or the service. Now, my iPhone 4 won't load a simple web page if I'm holding it comfortably. That's what we're complaining about. Not some freak accident dropped calls.

So long as you are complaining. Admitting you have a problem is the first step to getting better.
  • Reply 62 of 318
    geekdadgeekdad Posts: 1,131member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by ski1 View Post

Where did you get the stat that it is only affecting 1% ?

That is just MY assessment. Nothing official. When I went to the Apple store and spoke to the store manager. I asked him about it and he would not give me an answer...but I asked him would you say about 1% of the people are having this issue he said "that sounds about right". So from Apple's perspective 99% of the phones and customers are NOT having issues with their phones. that is why I am just going to get mine replaced. Now if my replacement has the same issue then that opens a whole nother can of worms. I expect my new phone to be free of the signal loss issue. i will give Apple the benefit of the doubt. I buy a lot of their products and they have not let me down yet......
  • Reply 63 of 318
    irelandireland Posts: 17,799member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Hodar View Post

You said it. What did Jobs expect? This is parmount to telling a rape victim that if she wasn't a trashy slut, this wouldn't have happened.

Actually I think an even better anology would be if the judge told the rape victim: non issue, just don't walk down that particular street. Or get one of the many available 'mace' cans. Without actually addressing the rape.
  • Reply 64 of 318
    ezduzitezduzit Posts: 158member
    <now what do I do with the several hundred iOS only apps that I bought?>

as a lifetime gambler, i would bet the limit on the under when you say you bought and paid for several hundred apps. that's total bs.
  • Reply 65 of 318
    brucepbrucep Posts: 2,823member
    apple is doomed

its mbp are pieces of recycled dell junk

its ipads are weak copies of kidle

its ipods never were as good as the zune // rio empire

and now a whole country has attacked apple

ireland o ireland

peace at any cost

• Reply 66 of 318
    ski1ski1 Posts: 251member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by geekdad View Post

That is just MY assessment. Nothing official. When I went to the Apple store and spoke to the store manager. I asked him about it and he would not give me an answer...but I asked him would you say about 1% of the people are having this issue he said "that sounds about right". So from Apple's perspective 99% of the phones and customers are NOT having issues with their phones. that is why I am just going to get mine replaced. Now if my replacement has the same issue then that opens a whole nother can of worms. I expect my new phone to be free of the signal loss issue. i will give Apple the benefit of the doubt. I buy a lot of their products and they have not let me down yet......

That's a perspective from only one store manager. First, is he really telling the truth. Second, it's been less then a week, so not everyone has noticed the issue yet. And there are other channels people are using to try to resolve this issue, such as directly calling Apple support, or just waiting and not reporting the issue. So that 1% can be very far from the true numbers experiencing the issue.
  • Reply 67 of 318
    ski1ski1 Posts: 251member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Jerseymac View Post

So long as you are complaining. Admitting you have a problem is the first step to getting better.

Maybe Apple should take your advice and finally admit there is a problem with their iPhone 4
  • Reply 68 of 318
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by brucep View Post

apple is doomed

Omg! That is such a funny joke! Please keep telling it.
  • Reply 69 of 318
    kreshkresh Posts: 379member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by ezduzit View Post

<now what do I do with the several hundred iOS only apps that I bought?>

as a lifetime gambler, i would bet the limit on the under when you say you bought and paid for several hundred apps. that's total bs.

Oh how sweet, now we trot out the "You're lying, I just know you are" gambit. Well I have 572 item in ~/Music/iTunes/Mobile Applications/

Most of these are paid apps. I have purchased every single TD and RPG game, most every RTS game and so on and so on. It does not take long to reach a couple hundred paid apps.

edit: I note you said lifetime gambler, not professional gambler. That means you have a job to pay for your gambling habit. Which means you are a poor gambler and and like many, many other bets you have lost this one also!
  • Reply 70 of 318
    hezetationhezetation Posts: 674member
    Vultures, so sick of this knee jerk reaction to just sue everyone.
  • Reply 71 of 318
    lxglxg Posts: 19member
    I've tried replicated the problem....I'm not have an issue with the reception or bars dropping. With 1.7milliion phones purchased, some phones will come off the assembly line defectives. My guess some batches are flawed and got overblown by the reports. That is why we have 1yr warranty. Also, early adopters will always have some issues or bugs to workout,which is why it is best to wait for new product to mature. For all you folks having problems with receptions just wait...you will eventually have the fix, new phone or $$ back.

:
  • Reply 72 of 318
    wovelwovel Posts: 956member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by RationalTroll View Post

They could give out new phones, but so far they haven't.

They could return there phones, but so far they haven't. Maybe the problem is not quite as bad as people are trying to make it out to be. Just because you can do something that looks bad on youtube, does not mean it is an actual problem.
  • Reply 73 of 318
    Quote:

Maybe Apple should take your advice and finally admit there is a problem with their iPhone 4

Totally agree.
  • Reply 74 of 318
    sipsip Posts: 210member
    Good old ambulance chasers...
  • Reply 75 of 318
    geekdadgeekdad Posts: 1,131member
    Quote:

That's a perspective from only one store manager. First, is he really telling the truth. Second, it's been less then a week, so not everyone has noticed the issue yet. And there are other channels people are using to try to resolve this issue, such as directly calling Apple support, or just waiting and not reporting the issue. So that 1% can be very far from the true numbers experiencing the issue.

You could be right...we will have to wait and see before all the data comes out.
  • Reply 76 of 318
    jpdlvmhjpdlvmh Posts: 72member
    I think the only good description of "law" firms like this is the word "hyena".
  • Reply 77 of 318
    john galtjohn galt Posts: 960member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by kresh View Post

... now what do I do with the several hundred iOS only apps that I bought?

Several hundred? Wow. Thank you.

• Reply 78 of 318
    for the life of me i just can't reproduce this infamous reception problem on my iPhone 4.... what amd I missing?

oh yeh, a chance to make a few bucks off of Apple from the class action law-suit!
  • Reply 79 of 318
    MacProMacPro Posts: 19,817member
    This can only help sales ... all the 'wanna sue' types have to have an iPhone 4.
  • Reply 80 of 318
    jupiteronejupiterone Posts: 1,564member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by RationalTroll View Post

I have heard of a few people returning their iPhone 4 for new ones with no problem. I haven't heard of anyone getting turned away when trying to return their iPhone 4 for a replacement.

If I were to have this problem, that's the first thing I'd do.