RIM, Nokia respond to Apple's "Antennagate" press conference

Comments

• Reply 201 of 547
    jfanningjfanning Posts: 3,398member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by anantksundaram View Post

Please go away. You add little or nothing to any discussion. All you spew is negativity.

How can you live like this?! Don't you have happier/better/more productive ways to spend your time?

Where is the rule that the only thing you can post has to be pro-Apple? That's right, there isn't one.
  • Reply 202 of 547
    kibitzerkibitzer Posts: 1,114member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Dick Applebaum View Post

Ha!

Sen Chuck Schumer, D NY has written a letter to all manufacturers of canned tomato products asking them to publish their methodology for determining the placement of the string within the can to minimize interference while the users blindly stumble through...

Sen John Heinz-Kerry, D MA said that some manufacturers have already analyzed the situation and are packaging their goods in cans connected by a 20 foot stainless steel tube. While this solution requires special distribution and store-shelf rework, it will benefit those who never could afford a tomato can telephone! Manufactures and stores will be assessed a 15% Tomatophoney ImplementationTax for the next 10 years to implement the required changes. The new configuration allows, not only exchange of information, but exchange of refreshment between callers. Kerry says that one company (to remain unnamed) has filed for a trademark on the phrase MouthTime to describe the refreshment exchange.

Meanwhile the FCC is conducting tests on the suitability of the device and any exposure to infection from tainted refreshments,

Consumer Reports has posted a preliminary evaluation saying that it is the best device of its kind on the market.

CR has said their tests will continue and, next week they hope to evaluate its use during a thunderstorm...

Thanks for the update, Dick. Video at 10! Meantime, keep a close watch on the T.I.T. action ... So far on this thread, all we've had are posts from a lot of slow-swinging hosers.
  • Reply 203 of 547
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Postulant View Post

Don't know about RIM or Nokia, but my iPhone 4 rocks. And I don't need a free case, phone works excellent - hands down the best I've ever owned.

I've got 99 problems but the "Deathgrip" ain't one of them.

.55%??? One would think with a "design flaw" that number would be closer to 100%.

Human nature is a strange thing. You will find that few people actually take the time to complain about something, most will just complain to their family/friends or post messages on a board.
  • Reply 204 of 547
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by davesw View Post

Death Grip:

Nokia 5800

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1MPY4axjJEk

What a terrible video, the guy couldn't hold the phone, or the camera still. They wouldn't show how they were holding the phone, a poor, poor example.
  • Reply 205 of 547
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by davesw View Post

funny how RIM and Nokia are not denying their phones suffer from the death grip as well

No they don't. But they don't tell their users they are holding the device wrong when held naturally either.

I had a look at those pictures on the Apple site, the person is holding everyone of those phones differently. Apple made a massive mistake, and is now trying to blame everyone for their mistake.
  • Reply 206 of 547
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Quadra 610 View Post

THAT is how clueless

Quadra, I know, and everyone else knows you suckle on the Apple teat each day, but your pathetic attempts at jokes are getting a little tired. Steve Jobs has never designed, or engineered a device in his life, he wouldn't know where to start. Steve Jobs is a marketer, a brilliant maybe, but that is all he is.

How about posting something constructive for once.
  • Reply 207 of 547
    diddydiddy Posts: 282member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by jfanning View Post

No they don't. But they don't tell their users they are holding the device wrong when held naturally either.

It?s a good thing Apple never said those words then.
  • Reply 208 of 547
    applesauce007applesauce007 Posts: 1,703member
    On page 14 of this manual, Nokia asks users not to touch antenna while phone is on to avoid degrading call quality.

http://nds1.nokia.com/phones/files/g...1100_UG_en.pdf

Nokia has known about this issue and now they are trying to claim that their phones are perfect?

They are full of it!

Time will tell.
  • Reply 209 of 547
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by AppleSauce007 View Post

On page 14 of this manual, Nokia asks users not to touch antenna while phone is on to avoid degrading call quality.

http://nds1.nokia.com/phones/files/g...1100_UG_en.pdf

Nokia has known about this issue and now they are trying to claim that their phones are perfect?

They are full of it!

Time will tell.

Straight from a Nokia Manual:

"Your phone has a built-in antenna. As with any other radio transmitting device, do not touch the antenna unnecessarily when the phone is switched on. Contact with the antenna affects call quality and may cause the phone to operate at a higher power level than otherwise needed. Not touching the antenna area during a phone call optimises the antenna performance and the talktime of your phone."
  • Reply 210 of 547
    Quote:

Well for starters, are you trying to compare a Nokia 1100 to a iPhone? The Nokia 1100 would have retailed around $100 if not less, the iPhone is over $600

And if you had bothered looking at that page you quoted, you would have seen the reference there is very different than the design flaw the iPhone has.
  • Reply 211 of 547
    sennensennen Posts: 1,472member
    Quote:

Apple hasn't admitted anything, that is the point of the thread.

i don't know where you are getting this rubbish from. at approx 23:10, if i recall correctly, Steve Jobs admits there is a problem. he goes on to say that they will continue to work on solutions, hence free bumpers running til the end of september for the meantime.
  • Reply 212 of 547
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by diddy View Post

It?s a good thing Apple never said those words then.

That is the perception, and for most people, good or bad, perception is reality.
  • Reply 213 of 547
    dasanman69dasanman69 Posts: 13,002member
    Its called deflecting and its BS that SJ resorted to it. Why are you onstage holding up supposedly inferior products? Imagine any other CEO holding up an iPhone during a press conference to defend a problem. The cry of bloody murder from the fanboys would be deafening.
  • Reply 214 of 547
    Quote:

Straight from a Nokia Manual:

Well it is a good thing that the phone in question doesn't have the antenna right where you hold the phone normally.
  • Reply 215 of 547
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by sennen View Post

i don't know where you are getting this rubbish from. at approx 23:10, if i recall correctly, Steve Jobs admits there is a problem. he goes on to say that they will continue to work on solutions, hence free bumpers running til the end of september for the meantime.

Apple. Steve Jobs claims this happens on all phones, if this is true, then how can they work for a solution? So which statement is Apple lieing about?
  • Reply 216 of 547
    Quote:

Human nature is a strange thing. You will find that few people actually take the time to complain about something, most will just complain to their family/friends or post messages on a board.

laugh out loud. the stats don't back you up so you resort to this clap-trap. if i spent hundreds of dollars on something that ties me into a contract in which i will spend a couple of thousand dollars more, and face the prospect of using this "faulty" product for 2 years minimum, i'd be calling the manufacturer about the problem immediately. people aren't apathetic when it comes to these amounts of money.
  • Reply 217 of 547
    MacProMacPro Posts: 19,822member
    Quote:

Apple. Steve Jobs claims this happens on all phones, if this is true, then how can they work for a solution? So which statement is Apple lieing about?

I assume 'fanning' refers to fanning a flame, what's the j for? Joke?
  • Reply 218 of 547
    Nokia manual: See Page 11 for Warning about internal and *external* Nokia antennas.

http://www.nokiausa.com/files/suppor...es-LAM_1.0.pdf

Get with the program Nokia. You are so full of i!t
  • Reply 219 of 547
    Quote:

Apple. Steve Jobs claims this happens on all phones, if this is true, then how can they work for a solution?

Why cannot they work on a solution to this problem on the iPhone?
  • Reply 220 of 547
    Quote:

Well it is a good thing that the phone in question doesn't have the antenna right where you hold the phone normally.

Oh yeah? What about this one... See page 11.

http://www.nokiausa.com/files/suppor...es-LAM_1.0.pdf

Nokia is full of it!