Microsoft employees hold funeral parade for iPhone, Blackberry

Comments

• Reply 61 of 212
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by wordwise View Post

Apple once held a funeral...for their own product...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cl7xQ8i3fc0

Yea, and this funeral was at least classy, not like the uninspired and very fake MS one. Halloween costumes? and a fake square box?!! WTF!!!
  • Reply 62 of 212
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Alan King View Post

I bet that sometime in a few years, "bragging" will be said "microsofting".

Or MS'ing, kind of like BS'ing.
  • Reply 63 of 212
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Ronbo View Post

The word 'hubris' comes to mind.

Indeed.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by gfeier View Post

I also foresee a funeral in Windows Phone 7's future. Next of Kin anyone?

Ok, you win best joke in this thread.
  • Reply 64 of 212
    Pretty ballsy. If it happens, Nostradamus will have to be content with being 2nd.
  • Reply 65 of 212
    How embarrassing. As someone else said, this has Steve Ballmer written all over it.

As much as I'd love to see the competition drive advancements for all the companies, I really can't wait to see the Windows 7 phone come out... and then show itself to be an "also ran".

I despise stunts like this. It's such a high school mentality and should be above that of a multi-billion dollar company. Unfortunately, we are talking Microsoft here. You pretty much expect them to make arses of themselves, especially with Stevie B at the helm.
  • Reply 66 of 212
    Are you fucking kidding me?

Is this a company, or a group of band nerds who gather everyday near the cafeteria at lunchtime?

Who comes up with this shit? The same assbag who came up with the Windows Store dance routine quagmire?
  • Reply 67 of 212
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Tenchi211 View Post

That photo was probably taken with an iPhone.

Android Evo

Quote:
    Originally Posted by plokoonpma View Post

Thats exactly what they did predicting the new halo will outsell Call of Duty Blackops, they are in a roll today!

heheheI

oh...un panameño. it will sell more. te apuesto 100 balboas!

Quote:
    Originally Posted by PG4G View Post

Hmmm... it just appears to me that Microsoft have no professionalism whatsoever. Even when they create a product to compete with a world-class product like iOS, they destroy it with this childish and pathetic show.

*shakes head*

Can we believe that 90% of the personal computers in the world run an OS made by people this pathetic and immature?

Did you remember the skeleton from Cupertino showing every phone manufacturer on the broken iPhone Antena-gate issue ?

What about the misleading, inaccurate and false I'm a Mac...I'm PC ads ?

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Mister Snitch View Post

"Microsoft employees held a morbid funeral parade for the iPhone and Blackberry"

The real kiss of death is when you label yourself an iPod/iPhone/iPad killer. The graveyards are full of such products.

Android is taking care of iPhone already. Apple will need to do something drastic if they don't want to be trampled by Android, WP7 and Nokia Symbian-Meego.
  • Reply 68 of 212
    This just makes it more awarkward when this thing bombs. I already don't like the layout of the home screen looks cheap
  • Reply 69 of 212
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Ricardo Dawkins View Post

Android Evo

oh...un panameño. it will sell more. te apuesto 100 balboas!

Did you remember the skeleton from Cupertino showing every phone manufacturer on the broken iPhone Antena-gate issue ?

What about the misleading, inaccurate and false I'm a Mac...I'm PC ads ?

Android is taking care of iPhone already. Apple will need to do something drastic if they don't want to be trampled by Android, WP7 and Nokia Symbian-Meego.

iPhone is Always going go be beat by android they can pump out a number of cheap phones weekly. But working for AT&T I can tell you once s customer uses a iPhone they are hooked android is just a mismatch of skins and apps iv dealt with so Many issuses already
  • Reply 70 of 212
    They all have the competition's smartphone in their pockets--
  • Reply 71 of 212
    bwikbwik Posts: 565member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by FlashmanBurgess View Post

That little stunt has Ballmer written all over it.

Yes. Never met him but I have met egomaniacs like him. This is exactly what a self obsessed lunatic would do. It's also not very decorous for a major company to do. Nobody in corporate America has the leeway to do shit like this except members of the old boy's club.

S Jobs is usually classy enough never to respond to, or be seen with, the useless Ballmer.
  • Reply 72 of 212
    I see Balmer doing a throwback in the coming weeks:

Mobile Developers!

Mobile Developers!!

Mobile Developers!!!

Mobile Developers!

Mobile Developers!!

Mobile Developers!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KMU0tzLwhbE
  • Reply 73 of 212
    Do you really think you're on par with the other established mobile software giants when your OS doesn't even have a Copy & Paste function, multitasking, or an extensive library of apps?

Wake up, Microsoft...
  • Reply 74 of 212
    I wonder if many other people like myself looked at those images of men with black placards showing the Windows emblem, and wondered if they had seen it before - in pictures from the 30's... The German National Party? The swastika?
  • Reply 75 of 212
    paxmanpaxman Posts: 4,729member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Postulant View Post

This has to be a new low. \

Yeah - unbelievable. Just fucking embarrassing
  • Reply 76 of 212
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Peleas View Post

Do you really think you're on par with the other established mobile software giants when your OS doesn't even have a Copy & Paste function, multitasking, or an extensive library of apps?

Wake up, Microsoft...

They can't control the app library issue; no one can properly develop apps for a platform that isn't live, yet. That said, the other stuff you mention is a problem, and I figure that the platform will be a failure in the consumer space, at least initially.

If Microsoft had done a quick-and-dirty update of the Danger OS to create Kin, then that might have given them more time to get multitasking and cut/copy/paste into the first version of the WinPhone7 OS. But they're Microsoft; they've had a recent history of bungling first-generation products of all kinds. Heck, it took two generations of Vista to finally get that OS right, and that was of an entrenched product. (I wonder what would have happened if Windows didn't exist until recently, and some other OS -- perhaps Mac OS -- was the de facto OS. Would Windows have eventually been cancelled like Kin?)

However, it's a bad idea to count WinPhone7 out, if only because of its enterprise features. It's quite possible that businesses choose this platform en masse because of its Office integration. Apple and Google, start your photocopiers...

(I wonder how quickly Microsoft figures out it needs a tablet version of WinPhone7?)
  • Reply 77 of 212
    What's all this hubris from this continually outclassed and hopelessly mismanaged company? These clowns can barely get their core business right, LOL.

Oh wait, it's par for the course:

http://www.macworld.co.uk/blogs/inde...d=136&blogid=8
  • Reply 78 of 212
    What's wrong with this picture? Who in their right mind would choose to promote their new wham bang advanced smart phone software in this way?

• Reply 79 of 212
    Will someone please tell Ballmer that:

Fewer PR Stunts + Better Developers+ Better Company Vision =$$$
  • Reply 80 of 212
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Jensonb View Post

That's hilarious

You've gotta be yankin' me. No way they really did that.

Oh....There's a...Photo...

Oh my gosh, what the hell? That is the funniest thing I ever heard. What are they putting in the water in Redmond?

Well, since you asked...from the same photostream as the "funeral" photo: