Microsoft employees hold funeral parade for iPhone, Blackberry

15678911»

Comments

• Reply 201 of 212
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by doyourownthing View Post

classy, as always

Classy indeed..lol. Desperate times call for desperate measures I suppose. Perhaps if they would just concentrate on making a good product rather than criticizing Apple and others, they might actually increase their success.
  • Reply 202 of 212
    zoetmbzoetmb Posts: 2,654member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by nikon133 View Post

By the way, since you have free MS antivirus and firewall, you don't really need 3rd party software.

Please! I have a Lenovo laptop running XP and just about every time I plug it into a public network at a customer or potential customer's location, I wind up with viruses and/or spyware. And that's aside from the fact that the OS is so slow to boot, I have to start the machine when I'm in my office, put it to sleep and then take it to the client's location. Otherwise, half the meeting is over before I can use the laptop.

Maybe Win7 is better (and I sincerely hope it is), but the particular combination of hardware and OS on the machine I have is so bad, if I don't absolutely need the computer, I bring a (paper) notebook instead. And that laptop originally had Vista. That was such a disaster, I had it amputated. It was like a car that took 20 minutes to start the ignition and then only drove at 14 miles per hour. And while driving at 14 miles per hour, it would constantly block the windshield by putting up signs that asked you really stupid questions that you had to respond to. It was sort of like hitting the brake and having the car ask, "Are you absolutely sure you want to hit the brake? Because hitting the brake suddenly might be dangerous." And then you say "yes", but it takes a few seconds for the message to disappear and for the brakes to work.
  • Reply 203 of 212
    Two things to note:

1. All of these pictures seec to capture the image of the "PC" in I'm a Mac / I'm a PC commercials; thirst a bunch of old guys wearing suits, then in the picture of the restored Mustang, check out the guy sporting the sweater vest with a short-sleeve dress shirt under it...

2. If I recall correctly, Seattle area has the highest suicide rate of any metropolitan area in the country.... Fitting?
  • Reply 204 of 212
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by zoetmb View Post

Please! I have a Lenovo laptop running XP and just about every time I plug it into a public network at a customer or potential customer's location, I wind up with viruses and/or spyware. And that's aside from the fact that the OS is so slow to boot, I have to start the machine when I'm in my office, put it to sleep and then take it to the client's location. Otherwise, half the meeting is over before I can use the laptop.

Maybe Win7 is better (and I sincerely hope it is), but the particular combination of hardware and OS on the machine I have is so bad, if I don't absolutely need the computer, I bring a (paper) notebook instead..

Please upgrade... please!

A 15" Core i3\\i5 notebook with 4GB RAM is sub $700 these days.
  • Reply 205 of 212
    mstonemstone Posts: 11,510member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by PeterO View Post

Here's the krazzy Mustang that immediately followed the '67 fixer-upper. Yum :-)

Source: Trioculus

Here are a few other Mustang gems

Wow if you look through that Flicker lightbox it is really obvious why MS has such a difficult time creating good software. All the separate departments are working independently and have no common branding or interoperability. That sort of explains why their stuff seems so disjointed and clunky. They have no leadership and their employees have the sophistication of a third rate college fraternity. Simply amazing. Clearly just amateurs when it comes to marketing.
  • Reply 206 of 212
    Well,

These guys are setting themselves up to a massive Fail.

With a stunt like that they cannot fail or else they will probably be the butt of many a jokes and rap songs.

Now, it is true that ridicule doesnt kill but David Bradley invented Ctrl-Alt-Del but it was made famous by Microsoft...

Now let's see (and mind you, I am an average office user of Microsoft products and I own an Xbox 360)

Windows 3.x: Ok

Windows 95: Decent

Windows 98: Decent but 'Meh' compared to '95

Windows 2000: Fail

Windows XP: Kinda ok but failed on so many levels

Windows Vista: Fail - Especially that they tried to play the OSX game...

Windows 7: Too little too late; so far it seems ok (but it's still a OSX ripoff - damage control, really)

So, in my opinion Microsoft employees should sit down and make sure they arent pushing half-assed products to the average user who are usually not as computer literate than they are.. Before taking breaks performing mock funerals guys and girls, make sure you do quality work and not just fluff...

Less fluff guys and more work...
  • Reply 207 of 212
    Windows Phone is over it is what should be being buried. I thought the Apple koolaid kids were delusional but these guys make them actually look like adults.
  • Reply 208 of 212
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by guch20 View Post

As stupid as this is, if I have to choose between Microsoft and Google winning the mobile operating systems war, I'd rather see Microsoft take it. Google has gotten too powerful and is beginning to take over every aspect of technology, and I think they need to see a string of large failures to put them in their place and keep them from monopolizing every aspect of our digital lives.

I'm with you on that. If Microsoft are the bumbling idiots, then Google are evil geniuses?which is why I don't have a g-mail account.
  • Reply 209 of 212
    joshajosha Posts: 901member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by AppleInsider View Post

Celebrating Windows Phone 7's "Release to Manufacturing" status, Microsoft employees held a morbid funeral parade for the iPhone and Blackberry.

[/c]

Sigh!

If they have death on their minds, it's not a good sign for the life of their new phone.
  • Reply 210 of 212
    Microsoft deserves bankrupcy!!! I just pray this day comes sooner than later!! Seriously!!
  • Reply 211 of 212
    Try some actual journalism. There was no funeral parade. Microsoft held a celebration parade for Windows Phone 7 with over a dozen floats. One.....one of the floats had a funeral theme. Get real
  • Reply 212 of 212
    What do Microsoft employees do anyway? Their time has come and gone.