Amazon mocks iPad's glossy screen in new Kindle ad

123457»

Comments

• Reply 121 of 127
    I would pay $50 for a Kindle. That is how much it is worth to me if you consider what my iPad has done for me.
  • Reply 122 of 127
    [QUOTE=nikon133;1714287]

While iPad is great for watching video it can play, it is still too limited in what it can actually play. Without DivX, XviD, Flash video etc., having netbook or light notebook is still better for people who do require playback of above mentioned formats... which is pretty much everyone in my environment.

/QUOTE]

My iPad is not limited to any video formats if I have a wifi at home, or able to access my server from outside.

If you use Air Video, it can "live convert" all your MKV, AVI etc videos on the fly. On a wifi network at home it takes 2-4 seconds to start reading, convert and buffer, then you can start watching it. Hard to believe right? Just try it yourself. I am still amazed at the performance. I no longer need to place any movies into my iPad and no longer need to convert any files. All my video files are no longer in my iTunes either. There is a accompanying desktop app which you can link to all your video folders. Its super great for tutorial videos like Lynda.com.

For flash, I just use Frash if you jailbroken.

Hope that helps.
  • Reply 123 of 127
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by rbryanh View Post

And now for the ad where the fat chick in ratty sweats tries to read her single-purpose, slaved-to-Amazon Kindle in low light, and her potato spouse rants about how many cases of beer he bought with the money he saved getting a yellow legal pad rather than a computer.

This just made me laugh pretty hard.
  • Reply 124 of 127
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by moustache;1714331

My iPad is [B

not limited[/B] to any video formats if I have a wifi at home, or able to access my server from outside.

Ok. So, to watch videos, it is limited to WiFi hotspots instead. Even worse.
  • Reply 125 of 127
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by mdriftmeyer View Post

Apple will be busy selling $5+ Million per month.

Actually the back of an ipad is silver. In the commercial it's black. Doubt it's an ipad at all!!!

Blessings!!!!
  • Reply 126 of 127
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Blastdoor View Post

Yup, if you want to read outside, the Kindle is the way to go. If you want to:

1. listen to music

2. play games

3. watch video

4. read anywhere other than outside

5. or use any one of thousands of apps...

then the iPad is the way to go.

Life is full of tradeoffs.

I just picked one post, more or less at random, to reply to.

I can't quite tell if this one is trying to be sarcastic, or whether to take it at face value.

It's quite simple. The Kindle weighs about a third as much as the iPad, and costs around a third as well. It's also much better for reading (indoors as well as out). The Kindle is what you call "specialized".

But, as pointed out, the iPad is better for a lot of other things.

So why the Kindle-bashing (or indeed iPad-bashing)?

I can understand Amazon wanting (needing?) to do an add like this, because there's obviously a whole bunch of dimwits(*) who'd get an iPad INSTEAD of a Kindle — perhaps even intending to try and read on it at the beach.

If you really want to read on an electronic device — get both. The iPad is not an ideal reader.

I have an iPad (and iPhone and MacBook Pro and Mac Pro etc etc) and might get a Kindle soon - just because the display is so nice.

(*) dimwit, noun: anyone who disagrees with me
  • Reply 127 of 127
    Thanks for sharing the information here; I am looking for aqua Amazon kindle 4 skin cover for my tablets. Some of my friends suggested me for buying one because there are chances of tablets got scratches o damageable thing happened. Do you know the best place to buy them.