Verizon hiring hundreds ahead of iPhone launch - rumor

Comments

• Reply 81 of 143
    melgrossmelgross Posts: 33,600member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by mgl323 View Post

Well I'm keeping my $30 plan till the end. I'll ask my friend who works at a AT&T store if I can still keep my unlimited data if I renew my contract.

I wonder if they know that at the stores, as we do this through the iPad itself. But, it doesn't hurt to ask. Just make sure he actually knows, as opposed to him thinking he knows. I find a lot of that around.
  • Reply 82 of 143
    mgl323mgl323 Posts: 247member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by melgross View Post

I wonder if they know that at the stores, as we do this through the iPad itself. But, it doesn't hurt to ask. Just make sure he actually knows, as opposed to him thinking he knows. I find a lot of that around.

I'll keep that in mind.
  • Reply 83 of 143
    MacProMacPro Posts: 19,821member
    Quote:

Ok, I don't know why, but I LOVE those Ads.

Maybe but I was imagining the twist on those ads relating to an iPhone 4 by the trolls ... \
  • Reply 84 of 143
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by digitalclips View Post

Maybe but I was imagining the twist on those ads relating to an iPhone 4 by the trolls ... \

I'd be curious as to what they would come up with. Sometimes this stuff looks more like satire than a diss.
  • Reply 85 of 143
    shobizshobiz Posts: 207member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by shadash View Post

if this was the only hint about a Verizon iPhone, you might be right. But as you note in your later "Yawn" post, there is literally a tsunami of evidence (and related stories) about the imminent release of the iPhone on Verizon. This is just one more piece of the puzzle.

I don't care who get s the iPhone, but let's keep it clear, imminent RUMOR of the ....
  • Reply 86 of 143
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by SHOBIZ View Post

I don't care who get s the iPhone, but let's keep it clear, imminent RUMOR of the ....

We know, but some sources are better than others.
  • Reply 87 of 143
    What's the point? You still won't be able to get the POS working with Exchange.
  • Reply 88 of 143
    It's funny how people assume they know what Verizon did and did not give up to get the iPhone, whenever it does show up. For all we know, vCast will be on there, but no Verizon logo. vCast could even be a downloadable app.
  • Reply 89 of 143
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by ghostface147 View Post

It's funny how people assume they know what Verizon did and did not give up to get the iPhone, whenever it does show up. For all we know, vCast will be on there, but no Verizon logo. vCast could even be a downloadable app.

I suppose vCast might be a downloadable app. There are others like it in the App Store now, and that could be a good compromise to save face for Verizon. But I just don't see Apple allowing it on the phone as a standard app. That would be giving every other carrier notice that they too can demand something like it. You know, the slippery slope thing? I really can't see Apple wanting that to happen.
  • Reply 90 of 143
    nasseraenasserae Posts: 3,167member
    Quote:

I bought my iPad 3G before AT&T announcement about the data changes but never activated the data plan. If I remember correctly they said that if you bought your iPad before the announcement you can get the unlimited data plan option. However, last week I was thinking about activating the data plan and wanted to check my options.. guess what?! the unlimited data plan is not there anymore (it was there few months ago)! It seems they are pulling it slowly and hoping that no one notice or people forget about it.
  • Reply 91 of 143
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by NasserAE View Post

I bought my iPad 3G before AT&T announcement about the data changes but never activated the data plan. If I remember correctly they said that if you bought your iPad before the announcement you can get the unlimited data plan option. However, last week I was thinking about activating the data plan and wanted to check my options.. guess what?! the unlimited data plan is not there anymore (it was there few months ago)! It seems they are pulling it slowly and hoping that no one notice or people forget about it.

Yeah. I used my plan starting from June, and I've had it ever since. That's why I'm thinking that if I don't get it for a month, I may be stuck with the newer plans only.

I suspect that if I drop to a lower plan, I'll also be out of luck next time.
  • Reply 92 of 143
    bagmanbagman Posts: 349member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by NasserAE View Post

Actually they announced awhile back.
  • Reply 93 of 143
    coolcatcoolcat Posts: 156member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by iLiver View Post

I wonder if the Verizon iPhone would carry the Verizon logo on it or require a VCast app preinstalled.

What's in it for Verizon?

I'll bet you a years mortgage, Jobs will NOT allow any Verizon crap on his phone. I think that was partially why Apple didn't go with Verizon in the first place. (They did talk) Verizon wanted some control and Apple wasn't having it. Personally I hope Verizon gets it, but is not allowed to dirty up the phone with all their shit apps. It'd totally kill the experience
  • Reply 94 of 143
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Blackintosh View Post

Yeah, Verizon has really been licking their wounds the last three and a half years. They don't have anything that compares to the iPhone. They really took a pasting. *sigh* Fanboys fanboys.

Like I always said, this forum has a dozen or so people who make absurd statements and the rest chime in with totally agree, plus one and spot on. Occasionally we get a "you got that right" as well.

Verizon does not "need" apple. Nor does Adobe, Java or anyone else. Apple's existence is rooted in their ability to "get along" with the members of the Microsoft ecosystem. When Steve Jobs starts acting like a monolithic elitist, no one will want to have anything to do with him and Apple will wither and die on the vine.

It's happening a little bit more every day. Sad really. But a great test of how far people will go under the influence of the RDF.

More comments from the peanut gallery. Apple isn't going anywhere anytime soon. Get over it troll
  • Reply 95 of 143
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by charlituna View Post

I call no on the CDMA ipad.

Why?

Because there is nothing stopping Apple from making one right now. No exclusive deals etc.

And yet the ipad you can buy at Verizon starting the 28th is NOT CDMA. It's a wifi with their mifi box. Why would they have to do that, instead of selling a native ipad if Apple could make one or is going to make one in just a few months for them.

As for the phone, court docs showed the deal was until 2012. Until someone addresses how anything before then is legally possible, I'm hesitant to believe any Verizon iphone rumors. Particularly ones this thin.

Contracts can be re-negotiated
  • Reply 96 of 143
    iansilviansilv Posts: 283member
    Wow- So I guess Verizon reads the apple rumor sites too!
  • Reply 97 of 143
    nvidia2008nvidia2008 Posts: 9,262member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Blackintosh View Post

Verizon does not "need" apple. Nor does Adobe, Java or anyone else. Apple's existence is rooted in their ability to "get along" with the members of the Microsoft ecosystem. When Steve Jobs starts acting like a monolithic elitist, no one will want to have anything to do with him and Apple will wither and die on the vine.

It's happening a little bit more every day. Sad really. But a great test of how far people will go under the influence of the RDF.

If it's happening a bit more everyday and Apple is getting more successful everyday as in most cases, call it RDF or what you will, it's working!
  • Reply 98 of 143
    timontimon Posts: 152member
    I assume that you mean pre-loaded which most everyone would agree. Verizon WILL be allowed to have their own apps in the apps store. Anyone who thinks otherwise is nuts.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by coolcat View Post

I'll bet you a years mortgage, Jobs will NOT allow any Verizon crap on his phone. I think that was partially why Apple didn't go with Verizon in the first place. (They did talk) Verizon wanted some control and Apple wasn't having it. Personally I hope Verizon gets it, but is not allowed to dirty up the phone with all their shit apps. It'd totally kill the experience

• Reply 99 of 143
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Timon View Post

I assume that you mean pre-loaded which most everyone would agree. Verizon WILL be allowed to have their own apps in the apps store. Anyone who thinks otherwise is nuts.

Yup. I don't see why Apple would prevent the apps from being in the store like any other app. It's the preloading of apps that can't be removed that I don't see happening.
  • Reply 100 of 143
    sambansamban Posts: 171member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by charlituna View Post

I call no on the CDMA ipad.

Why?

Because there is nothing stopping Apple from making one right now. No exclusive deals etc.

And yet the ipad you can buy at Verizon starting the 28th is NOT CDMA. It's a wifi with their mifi box. Why would they have to do that, instead of selling a native ipad if Apple could make one or is going to make one in just a few months for them.

As for the phone, court docs showed the deal was until 2012. Until someone addresses how anything before then is legally possible, I'm hesitant to believe any Verizon iphone rumors. Particularly ones this thin.

I haven't seen the agreement, but does it restrict apple to make any cell phone for any other provider other than AT&T for 5 years or is it just iphone. My point is if the exclusivity is for iphone then is it not possible that apple makes a xPhone (x = whatever apple names) which runs iOS on a new set of H/W.