Japanese disaster could leave Apple with shortage of five key iPad 2 components

123457»

Comments

• Reply 121 of 124
    mr omr o Posts: 1,046member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by montefuego View Post

I'm sorry, but if this company is doing so much research about who makes what, where, then why do they not specify WHERE IN JAPAN these plants are? A generalized fear of earthquakes, transportation, electricity may not apply if the manufacturing is nowhere near where the quakes are occurring. Japan is not 20 miles wide. All the problems cited in this article would be region specific, and there is NO information whatsoever about this. If there is an earthquake in Los Angeles, it may not even affect San Francisco.

Yes, but will the components be contaminated?! That is the question. Will the components make your iPad radioactive ?

I hope I am asking silly questions here ?
  • Reply 122 of 124
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by BC Kelly View Post

Since YOU are not one of those we need to worry about

You "get it"

But, will challenge you on ONE thing ...

"AFTER all those years" ?

Humm, look around at Wisconsin, here in Florida (I'm in Tally), etc etc

Gotta Balance those Budgets, and Public Schools are good place to start

Or so the "Lipton/Tetley Beverage Folks" seem to believe, yes ?

Otherwise, as I've heard it put ...

For 20 or 30 years, those who COULD have gone into Math/Science as Career

Doing things like the 'Advanced Technology of the Future'

Instead chose another Path for their Analytical Skills and Knowledge

Went to Wall Street to cash in on Derivatives and Junk Bonds

And how many Ships have been lifted by THAT 'Rising Tide' ?

Your rant about the poor quality of schools in the US would probably come across as more forceful if you had some sense of proper grammar and punctuation. Being able to compose fully formed sentences and abstain from Capitalizing letters at Random wouldn't hurt either.
  • Reply 123 of 124
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by mikeytwice View Post

Your rant about the poor quality of schools in the US would probably come across as more forceful if you had some sense of proper grammar and punctuation. Being able to compose fully formed sentences and abstain from Capitalizing letters at Random wouldn't hurt either.

Hmmmm... and here I was thinking it furthered his/her argument.
  • Reply 124 of 124
    bc kellybc kelly Posts: 148member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by mikeytwice View Post

Did I strike a nerve with you ?

Since, apparently, you are unable to distinguish between prose and poetry (assuming my meager efforts could be described as "poetry") guess I'll have to go the route of "fully formed sentences" in order to address your comment.

Try to keep up.

Sorry, but I say nothing about the "quality of schools in the US" - poor or otherwise. Was referring to those who take their Education and Talents then apply them in careers that may have great benefit for that individual person, but imho don't do much for the Greater Good of Society as a whole - aside from any "ships that may rise in a tide." (see Dictionary - metaphors, then look up History of Ronald Reagan Catch Phrases about Economic Theory)

Yes, perhaps I do take some Literary License with capitalizations, at times. Even in Prose it can have its place for EMPHASIS - but in Poetry, like Music, is a requirement (unless you're e.e. cummings). And to those with neither 'eyes' nor 'ears'? Well, also inserting quotation marks might help them to focus on what the Writer/Composer is intending for the Consumer to consume, so to speak. But will save further essay of these matters for another day when we may have greater time to discuss Communication Theory 101.

Now - if I'm any good at "reading between the lines" ...

You are a young man with a Conflict of Conscience about your chosen Career Field. Don't sweat it, you'll have time to Expand Your Horizons in due course. Just don't wait TOO long. The vast majority of Old Folks say they don't regret the things they did in Life, they regret the things they didn't do.

And welcome to Apple/Mac - sure is a lot better than that Microsoft crap, yea ?

Ok - "forceful" enough for you ?