Time to talk NFL...

Comments

• Reply 41 of 104
    Ugh. My brother is a Steelers fan. I had to endure his shit talking when the Dolphins lost to the Pats and let the playoffs slip thru their fingers.

But at least we beat the Raiders again this year. That made my season.
  • Reply 42 of 104
    eugeneeugene Posts: 8,254member
    I know the game is 'meaningless' and all, but WTF. Rattay was the only one who didn't quit after the 3rd quarter, I guess because the game means much more to him than any of the regulars and semi-regulars.

The Niners won't make it past the first round.
  • Reply 43 of 104
    pfflampfflam Posts: 5,053member
    hey now . . .

Baltimore: a once thriving, then derelict industrial city that has been rebuilding, a city with Character, working class with a twist of stylish flair and a beautiful view . . . a nice city to look at too: a literary title for their football team as well . . .a great thing to be named after an Edger Allen Poe poem.

Pittsburgh: a once thriving, then derelict industrial city known for one thing STEEL: Steel City USA, a city that has real character and a history to match the mythology, WOrking class and birthplace of workers rights in the US. It has actually been rebuilding with surprising success!!; a beautiful City to look at: hills with views, funiculars, victorians and Europen style, ethnic neighborhoods from the 'old world' . . and a team that lives up to the STEEL workin mythology, hence the name.

Cincinatti: also a once thriving industrial city, never been there: cool bridge, great art museum and art scene and their team has a name that makes sense: Bengals=tigers; mean and all that.

the other place in that division:

Cleveland: once an industrial city, now, big, but barely a city, a depressing place without much else to say for it . . . . and what's with the name of the team?!?!?!? couldn't they at least name the team for a color that conjures up other things besides either chocolate or hash-marks on underwear . . . gimme a clue?!?!
  • Reply 44 of 104
    [quote]Originally posted by Eugene:

<strong>The Niners won't make it past the first round.</strong><hr></blockquote>

You're damned right about that one.
  • Reply 45 of 104
    rokrok Posts: 3,519member
    [quote]Originally posted by pfflam:

<strong>the other place in that division:

Cleveland: . . . . and what's with the name of the team?!?!?!? couldn't they at least name the team for a color that conjures up other things besides either chocolate or hash-marks on underwear . . . gimme a clue?!?!</strong><hr></blockquote>

um, they are named after PAUL BROWN, one of the greatest legends in the NFL from the good old (very old) days.

[ 12-31-2002: Message edited by: rok ]</p>
  • Reply 46 of 104
    [quote]Originally posted by rok:

<strong>

um, they are named after PAUL BROWN, one of the greatest legends in the NFL from the good old (very old) days. </strong><hr></blockquote>

Ok
  • Reply 47 of 104
    [quote]Originally posted by rok:

<strong>

um, they are named after PAUL BROWN, one of the greatest legends in the NFL from the good old (very old) days.

</strong><hr></blockquote>

You're from Canada. You're not supposed to know anything about American sports.
  • Reply 48 of 104
    [quote]Originally posted by Eugene:

<strong>I know the game is 'meaningless' and all, but WTF. Rattay was the only one who didn't quit after the 3rd quarter, I guess because the game means much more to him than any of the regulars and semi-regulars.

The Niners won't make it past the first round.</strong><hr></blockquote>

I think Rattay is gonna be a great quarterback. I watched every game he played at Louisiana Tech from the side line. He played every game like it was his last.
  • Reply 49 of 104
    [quote]Originally posted by Mikey Offender:

<strong>

You're from Canada. You're not supposed to know anything about American sports. </strong><hr></blockquote>

if you read any of my previous "here's something about me" kind of posts, you'd know that i am an american living in canada until my wife finishes her schoolwork here.

that should clear that up.
  • Reply 50 of 104
    edit: double-post...

[ 01-01-2003: Message edited by: rok ]</p>
  • Reply 51 of 104
    So good you had to say it twice?
  • Reply 52 of 104
    stupid board post bug... use explorer's back button to a posting-in-progress page and it double posts. i'll fix it now...
  • Reply 53 of 104
    Superbowl Predictions:

could be...um . . . I say

Titans

or

Raiders

can it be Titans vs Raiders?!?!?

but I want it to be the Steelers . . .

would be fun to see Giants vs Jets

its all so up in the air . . . no clear favorites . . .

anybody have opinions or guesses?
  • Reply 54 of 104
    Today was awesome...Maybe Zack Bronson's return will ignite the 49er secondary...Yeah right...
  • Reply 55 of 104
    Gooo Browns!

EDIT: dammit

[ 01-05-2003: Message edited by: Eugene ]</p>
  • Reply 56 of 104
    Yea...you can say that again...
  • Reply 57 of 104
    39-38, 1 minute left in the game, Niners came back from 38-14, this is going to be a crazy finish.
  • Reply 58 of 104
    OH MY LORD, NINERS WIN!!! 39-38!!!!!! HOLY SHIIIIT!!!! INCREDIBLE GAME. I CAN'T BELIEVE IT!!! AGHJDFGJADJFDJHGADGJKAGDJHGADHGHDADAaaa

[ 01-05-2003: Message edited by: Eugene ]</p>
  • Reply 59 of 104
    wow, that guy really fuc*ed it up. oh well, at least the niners won...
  • Reply 60 of 104
    emaneman Posts: 7,204member
    Wow. I can't believe that Giants blew the game. Oh well I just wanted them to advance because I wanted to see a Jets vs Giants Superbowl.