Time to talk NFL...

12346»

Comments

• Reply 101 of 104
    rokrok Posts: 3,519member
    Well, it finally happened...

I have lived to see the Tampa Bay Buccaneers go to the Super Bowl.

To some, it may seem trivial, but from 1984, I watched every away game, and listened to every home game on the radio with Gene Deckerhoff -- voice of the Tampa Bay Buccaneers. And with every hopeful year, I watched and listened to the Bucs suffer 20 weeks of futility to close out the year.

I can only imagine the eruption from every sports bar and living room in Tampa as Rhonde Barber returned the interception 92 yards for the final touchdown to seal the victory. If you're like me, you watched every play with fear that the "old Bucs" would come back, and lose in the final seconds.

Congratulations to everyone who, like me, suffered and agonized over this team through the past two decades, and a bunch of players who signed on and believed it could be done.

Now, just one more game to go.

Sincerely,

rok

One helluva Bucs fan
  • Reply 102 of 104
    eugeneeugene Posts: 8,254member
    Gruden... Dungy...

Where's Dungy? Oh, he exited in the first round...again.
  • Reply 103 of 104
    pfflampfflam Posts: 5,053member
    Looks like its going to be 22 pirates facing off for the Superbowl
  • Reply 104 of 104
    rokrok Posts: 3,519member
    [quote]Originally posted by Eugene:

<strong>Gruden... Dungy...

Where's Dungy? Oh, he exited in the first round...again.</strong><hr></blockquote>

yep. looks like gruden is one hell of a coach, especially considering his age. hell, he even managed to get the ghosts of cold-weather winds, away-game playoff victories AND losing to the eagles to all go away (for at least this season).

i also like his brother, jay gruden. hall of fame quarterback from the arena football league for the tampa bay storm. now head coach of the orlando predators in the arena league. all fo central florida loves the grudens!

[ 01-19-2003: Message edited by: rok ]</p>