iOS, Android activations surge 353% on record setting Christmas Day

Comments

• Reply 41 of 139
    drdoppiodrdoppio Posts: 1,132member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by hill60 View Post

Infinity Blade 2 is awesome, too bad Android can't run it.

Something to do with real time prioritised process thread access to the kernel apparently, the inherent flaw in Android which firmly plants it in the "almost as good" copy class.

You're likely misinformed, the true reason is not a software limitation but rather a choice made by the developers. Unreal Engine 3, which is the basis of Infinity Blade II, is also available on Android.

The fact that you need to make this discussion an iOS against Android one is just pathetic...
  • Reply 42 of 139
    Quote:

Not besieged by lawsuits because of being based on stolen technology with a complete disregard for the IP rights of the owners.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/technolog...d-patents.html

You do realize Apple has tons of lawsuits against them and what does lawsuits have to do with the definition of what a real phone is??
  • Reply 43 of 139
    elrothelroth Posts: 1,201member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by ranReloaded View Post

Judging by all those "F**k christmas, didn't get iPhone!" tweets that are circulating the web, I would assume most of these activations are android

You would be wrong then. They got underwear and socks.
  • Reply 44 of 139
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by DrDoppio View Post

You're likely misinformed, the true reason is not a software limitation but rather a choice made by the developers. Unreal Engine 3, which is the basis of Infinity Blade II, is also available on Android.

The fact that you need to make this discussion an iOS against Android one is just pathetic...

You have to understand that some people have very little self esteem and require shiny gadgets to feel important and must defend that to the death. Like you, I am glad to see a "space race" between manufactures. That race means the normal person wins and the delusional get ulcers.
  • Reply 45 of 139
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by elroth View Post

You would be wrong then. They got underwear and socks.

Understand that there is a delusion out there that any and all Android devices are low cost garbage. And it is assumed by the delusional that anyone purchasing an Android must not be able to afford an iPhone because there can be no other explanation how someone could purchase something different from the delusional so it has to be cost and in no way could that person be happy with the purchase and will only be happy once they are rid of the Android device and finally purchase an iOS device. It is almost assumed an Android owner would be better off with nothing if they can not have an iOS device.
  • Reply 46 of 139
    gatorguygatorguy Posts: 24,213member
    Quote:

Infinity Blade 2 is awesome, too bad Android can't run it.

Something to do with real time prioritised process thread access to the kernel apparently, the inherent flaw in Android which firmly plants it in the "almost as good" copy class.

I see someone had already replied, but without a reference.

According to an interview with the two developer brothers it has to do with potential piracy concerns rather than any hardware/software limitations with Android. Of course with Infinity Blade available "at a discount" to jailbroken iPhones it does make you wonder if there might be other influences as well.

http://androidcommunity.com/infinity...erns-20111125/
  • Reply 47 of 139
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Red Oak View Post

Please provide more details on iOS vs. Android if available

"Who won Christmas"?

I find it disturbing how these numbers are blended in with Android. I believe this is done on purpose to hide the declining activation rates of iOS. It is as if the reporters are afraid of admitting iOS decline through the tremendous demand by people for Android devices. You have to admit, Google with their Android OS is just burying Apple iOS easily.
  • Reply 48 of 139
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by slapppy View Post

I find it disturbing how these numbers are blended in with Android. I believe this is done on purpose to hide the declining activation rates of iOS. It is as if the reporters are afraid of admitting iOS decline through the tremendous demand by people for Android devices. You have to admit, Google with their Android OS is just burying Apple iOS easily.

There he is. You have some around here so wrapped up they talk about you in threads you are not even in, has to be cool having mind powers

As to your point, valid point. It seems very misleading. Like saying Apple and Microsoft have 99% of the desktop market or Apple and Samsung have 85% of the tablet market, very misleading. Maybe these news sites fear the back lash of Applebots or Fandroids?
  • Reply 49 of 139
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Hellacool View Post

There he is. You have some around here so wrapped up they talk about you in threads you are not even in, has to be cool having mind powers

As to your point, valid point. It seems very misleading. Like saying Apple and Microsoft have 99% of the desktop market or Apple and Samsung have 85% of the tablet market, very misleading. Maybe these news sites fear the back lash of Applebots or Fandroids?

I'm just pointing out the obvious to folks. This report for instance is so misleading, I have to laugh at the futile attempt to hide the truth. Android has clearly won and iOS will be marginalized just like Mac OS to under 5% worldwide.
  • Reply 50 of 139
    apple ][apple ][ Posts: 9,233member
    Quote:

You have to admit, Google with their Android OS is just burying Apple iOS easily.

Keep dreaming.

iOS Took 13.4% of Online Sales on Christmas Day

The iPad accounted for 7% of all online sales on Christmas Day—meaning that 7% of all purchases made online December 25th were made from an iPad. The iPhone accounted for 6.4% of all online sales.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/erikamor...christmas-day/

By the way, I was at Best Buy today, to purchase another little Apple toy for myself, and I noticed a huge line of people waiting to return products. I bet that there were many Android devices and failed tablets waiting to get returned in that line of angry looking and impatient people.
  • Reply 51 of 139
    Quote:

I'm just pointing out the obvious to folks. This report for instance is so misleading, I have to laugh at the futile attempt to hide the truth. Android has clearly won and iOS will be marginalized just like Mac OS to under 5% worldwide.

I try not to get invloved with predictions, I agree that things will look much different in 5 years, Android is here to stay. I hope Apple doesnt crumble to 5% soley because competition only benefits the consumer. I would laugh if it did only for the fact that I know the posts on these forums by some would be very entertaining.
  • Reply 52 of 139
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Apple ][ View Post

I like to tell it how I see it, and I'm not bothered if the truth may offend a certain segment of people. Android is a crap platform and Fandroids are full of shit.

"How I see it"....and...."the truth" do not belong in the same sentence. How you see it is your opinion so keep it as such. Stop spewing and pontificating like what you say is actually truth. It's your opinion and nothing else. You'd be embraced by more Apple fans and have better, more constructive debates if you wouldn't be so frigging extreme and constantly badmouth users of any other platform or OS other than Apple's. What you do is no better or different than trolling. C'mon, dude, just tone it down a notch, please. We like your message and cause, just not your method and style.

I doubt you've gotten very many PMs from any or many of the long-time regularly posting/contributing members and mavens of this site.
  • Reply 53 of 139
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by 'Apple

By the way, I was at Best Buy today, to purchase another little Apple toy for myself, and I noticed a huge line of people waiting to return products. I bet that there were many Android devices and failed tablets waiting to get returned in that line of angry looking and impatient people.

Instead of assuming you should of gone and asked them. Cool story, but baseless.
  • Reply 54 of 139
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Dickprinter View Post

"How I see it"....and...."the truth" do not belong in the same sentence. How you see it is your opinion so keep it as such. Stop spewing and pontificating like what you say is actually truth. It's your opinion and nothing else. You'd be embraced by more Apple fans and have better, more constructive debates if you wouldn't be so frigging extreme and constantly badmouth users of any other platform or OS other than Apple's. What you do is no better or different than trolling. C'mon, dude, just tone it down a notch, please. We like your message and cause, just not your method and style.

I doubt you've gotten very many PMs from any or many of the long-time regularly posting/contributing members and mavens of this site.

Remember, owning Apple products and staying at a Holiday Inn Express both have the same effect for some. I wouldnt try and reason, just take his posts for what they are, entertainment. The delusions of others can be fun.
  • Reply 55 of 139
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Dickprinter View Post

We like your message and cause, just not your method and style.

Well, I can't please everybody, but my style and method can not be changed, because that's who I am.
  • Reply 56 of 139
    Quote:

Well, I can't please everybody, but my style and method can not be changed, because that's who I am.

Your mother must be proud.
  • Reply 57 of 139
    Quote:

Instead of assuming you should of gone and asked them. Cool story, but baseless.

I wasn't about to go and poll every grumpy person waiting in that line. My goal was to get in and out of Best Buy as quickly as possible. I knew exactly what I wanted and it still took me about 10 minutes to find a salesperson to unlock the cage so that I could just pay for my item and be on my merry way.
  • Reply 58 of 139
    Quote:

I wasn't about to go and poll every grumpy person waiting in that line. My goal was to get in and out of Best Buy as quickly as possible. I knew exactly what I wanted and it still took me about 10 minutes to find a salesperson to unlock the cage so that I could just pay for my item and be on my merry way.

Since you own Apple products I will assume your eyes work? I know talking to people and getting close to them can be uncomfortable for some but it isnt hard.
  • Reply 59 of 139
    Quote:

Your mother must be proud.

Indeed she is. And she knows that when her son gives her presents, so that she can communicate with her loving son, she can be assured that it won't be an Android device.
  • Reply 60 of 139
    Quote:

Indeed she is. And she knows that when her son gives her presents, so that she can communicate with her loving son, she can be assured that it won't be an Android device.

Ignorance is bliss.