iOS, Android activations surge 353% on record setting Christmas Day

Comments

• Reply 61 of 139
    apple ][apple ][ Posts: 9,233member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Hellacool View Post

Since you own Apple products I will assume your eyes work? I know talking to people and getting close to them can be uncomfortable for some but it isnt hard.

My eyes work just fine, but I prefer not to get too close to grumpy looking people standing in a line, waiting to return their unwanted products. Why would I possibly want to speak to such people, let alone get close to them?

It is highly unlikely that any of them were returning any Apple devices, and it is reasonable to conclude that they're not my kind of people, so it would be a waste of my time. I have no time for ignorant people.
  • Reply 62 of 139
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Apple ][ View Post

My eyes work just fine, but I prefer not to get too close to grumpy looking people standing in a line, waiting to return their unwanted products. Why would I possibly want to speak to such people, let alone get close to them?

It is highly unlikely that any of them were returning any Apple devices, and it is reasonable to conclude that they're not my kind of people, so it would be a waste of my time. I have no time for ignorant people.

Well by getting the facts you are able to make factual statements. Otherwise you look like a tool.
  • Reply 63 of 139
    Quote:

Well by getting the facts you are able to make factual statements. Otherwise you look like a tool.

Look for facts in post #47, which destroys the ignorant and boneheaded comments made by your buddy slapppy.
  • Reply 64 of 139
    Quote:

Look for facts in post #47, which destroys the ignorant and boneheaded comments made by your buddy slapppy.

One factual statement does not overide a handful if ignorant statements. Thats a life leasson, feel free to use it.

As for facts, all that statement shows is that Android went from nearly 0% online purchases last year to 5% this year, solidifying what is already well known, Android is rapidly growing and outpacing everything in its path. Regardless the reason, it is still doing it. Delusional assumptions about cheap phones, poor people or whatever else doesnt erase that fact. At its current pace Android is going to envelope everything which does noone any good.
  • Reply 65 of 139
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Dickprinter View Post

Would you please cut it out. I am a huge Apple fan but your bigoted anti-Android crusade is over the top and makes Apple product users look bad. And I'm sure I speak for most die-hard Apple fans and AI members.

Actually you don't speak for me. His commentary is flipping' hilarious, taken in the proper context, is a welcome counter to some of the Anti-apple cum Fandroids on this site.

Why don't you rag on Hellafool, Slappy, and AbsoluteDesignz? Their anti-Apple attitude is just as annoying if not more so.
  • Reply 66 of 139
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Psych_guy View Post

Actually you don't speak for me. His commentary is flipping' hilarious, taken in the proper context, is a welcome counter to some of the Anti-apple cum Fandroids on this site.

Why don't you rag on Hellafool, Slappy, and AbsoluteDesignz? Their anti-Apple attitude is just as annoying if not more so.

Whooo Whoo I have mind control.
  • Reply 67 of 139
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by slapppy View Post

I find it disturbing how these numbers are blended in with Android. I believe this is done on purpose to hide the declining activation rates of iOS. It is as if the reporters are afraid of admitting iOS decline through the tremendous demand by people for Android devices. You have to admit, Google with their Android OS is just burying Apple iOS easily.

Little boy crying wolf again?
  • Reply 68 of 139
    Quote:

Whooo Whoo I have mind control.

Just pointing out the obvious. I need to log in so I can ignore you.
  • Reply 69 of 139
    Quote:

Little boy crying wolf again?

It is a valid point. Can you counter it? I know name calling is a form of counter but this is not middle school. Why didnt the author break the numbers down? This is the second article here that did this. Just lump them together and post as news? Regardless what the numbers are, if you are going to lump them together what is the point? That WP7 did horrible?
  • Reply 70 of 139
    Quote:

Just pointing out the obvious. I need to log in so I can ignore you.

I going to take my ball and leave. OWS all the way.
  • Reply 71 of 139
    If you guys want to play tennis, do it with PMs. This thread has been nothing but Apple ][ and Hellacool and frankly I don't find it all that cool.

Or two, either.
  • Reply 72 of 139
    Quote:

One factual statement does not overide a handful if ignorant statements. Thats a life leasson, feel free to use it.

A quick psychological profile of you, followed by an analysis of your comments, in which various factors are taken into account, such as grammar, content of posts, age, income, choice of screen name and who you happen to agree with on this forum tells me that I have no life lessons to be learned from somebody of your station.
  • Reply 73 of 139
    mjtomlinmjtomlin Posts: 2,673member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by slapppy View Post

I'm just pointing out the obvious to folks. This report for instance is so misleading, I have to laugh at the futile attempt to hide the truth. Android has clearly won and iOS will be marginalized just like Mac OS to under 5% worldwide.

You have to be a moron to think a platform "wins" by just looking at unit sales. There are many other elements that make a platform successful; customer satisfaction, 3rd party accessories, developer support, timely OS updates.

The real facts are that Android has only found success in the mobile phone market, mainly due to the fact that most of those devices are given away for free. There isn't a healthy consumer relationship with the platform where customers are willing to spend money. As companies move all their "feature" phones to semi-smart Android based phones, we will see significant jumps in Android's market share. But just as feature-phones currently don't impact Apple, neither will these cheap Android phones.

You're seriously delusional if you think Apple selling 150-200 million iOS devices yearly won't mean a thing if they only end up with 5% market share.
  • Reply 74 of 139
    red oakred oak Posts: 1,089member
    I encourage everyone to back up with their viewpoints in their investment decisions. Put your money where your mouth is

If you truly believe Apple is going to lose, then you should short the company. You owe it to yourself to make some money from your passionate argument

And vis versa

So, Slappy, don't comment on top of my questions with this hyperbole crap if you're not short Apple
  • Reply 75 of 139
    Quote:

Define real?

Makes phone calls - Check

Internet connectivity - Check

Email - Check

SMS - Check

Seems many phones fall into what I would consider real, what do you consider real?

Bonuses for Android Phones:

Regular updates - <sound of crickets>

Compatible with next major version of the OS - <tumbleweed rolls by>

Infected - <cough>

Covered by great customer service in case of a problem - Fuggetaboutit!
  • Reply 76 of 139
    Quote:

Where have I been anti Apple?
  • Reply 77 of 139
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by MicroNix View Post

Wow, it doesn't get any more pompous than that. I am so happy to be human and not in the same classification as your royalty stature. For if I was, I might be making idiotic comments like yours while thinking my crap doesn't stink. Merry Christmas your holiness.

Nice denial of the points he made...LOL!
  • Reply 78 of 139
    Quote:

It matters not to me how other people may perceive how I make other Apple users look. As I've stated many times before, I only speak for myself here. I like to tell it how I see it, and I'm not bothered if the truth may offend a certain segment of people. Android is a crap platform and Fandroids are full of shit.

And I'm sure that many Apple fans here agree with me, as I get PM's that can attest to that fact.

Seconded.

Keep speaking your opinion.

I, for one, agree with you.

Keep it thermonuclear!
  • Reply 79 of 139
    Quote:

A quick psychological profile of you, followed by an analysis of your comments, in which various factors are taken into account, such as grammar, content of posts, age, income, choice of screen name and who you happen to agree with on this forum tells me that I have no life lessons to be learned from somebody of your station.

Ouch. Ouch.

Change your name to Slapppy, cos you just slapped him down!
  • Reply 80 of 139
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Gatorguy View Post

I see someone had already replied, but without a reference.

According to an interview with the two developer brothers it has to do with potential piracy concerns rather than any hardware/software limitations with Android. Of course with Infinity Blade available "at a discount" to jailbroken iPhones it does make you wonder if there might be other influences as well.

http://androidcommunity.com/infinity...erns-20111125/

When you pump out devices that frequently have issues just scrolling smoothly through their own UI it gets a little hard to believe that a graphics intensive game like IB2 isn't available purely because of piracy concerns...