iOS, Android activations surge 353% on record setting Christmas Day

123457»

Comments

• Reply 121 of 139
    realisticrealistic Posts: 1,154member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Dickprinter View Post

"How I see it"....and...."the truth" do not belong in the same sentence. How you see it is your opinion so keep it as such. Stop spewing and pontificating like what you say is actually truth. It's your opinion and nothing else. You'd be embraced by more Apple fans and have better, more constructive debates if you wouldn't be so frigging extreme and constantly badmouth users of any other platform or OS other than Apple's. What you do is no better or different than trolling. C'mon, dude, just tone it down a notch, please. We like your message and cause, just not your method and style.

I doubt you've gotten very many PMs from any or many of the long-time regularly posting/contributing members and mavens of this site.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Apple ][ View Post

Well, I can't please everybody, but my style and method can not be changed, because that's who I am.

Doesn't say a whole lot of good things about you.
  • Reply 122 of 139
    djsherlydjsherly Posts: 1,031member
    http://www.theverge.com/2011/12/28/2...istmas-weekend

tldr; Rubin Claims 3.7m Android Activations. Flurry Notes 6.8m Activations.

ie. Android took more than half the activations. Much more.
  • Reply 123 of 139
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by piot View Post

Or maybe these news sites are just reporting the story that Flurry released ?

You are correct. I searched everywhere and the only numbers out there are the Flurry ones. No individual break down. So the question is why? 6.8 Million is a stellar number but why not break it down? Maybe wait until the New Year, get all of December in.
  • Reply 124 of 139
    jnjnjnjnjnjn Posts: 588member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Apple v. Samsung View Post

... Apple due to their single product strategy, based mainly on Consumer Confidence, if they lose that confidence the pedestal will crumble.

Ahem, confidence in what?

I'll answer that for you: confidence in a great product!

J.
  • Reply 125 of 139
    piotpiot Posts: 1,346member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Hellacool View Post

You are correct. I searched everywhere and the only numbers out there are the Flurry ones. No individual break down. So the question is why? 6.8 Million is a stellar number but why not break it down? Maybe wait until the New Year, get all of December in.

So just another knee-jerk reaction from someone who didn't check the source. OK.
  • Reply 126 of 139
    https://twitter.com/#%21/Arubin/stat...18325260226561

"UPDATE: There were 3.7M Android devices activated on 12/24 and 12/25."

6.8m -3.7m mean 3.1m iOS devices were activated. 54.4% Android 45.6% iOS.
  • Reply 127 of 139
    gatorguygatorguy Posts: 24,213member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by thataveragejoe View Post

I think Flurry depends on a different method to count activations and I have no idea on their accuracy, thus the numbers won't be interchangeable between the two sources.
  • Reply 128 of 139
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by jnjnjn View Post

Ahem, confidence in what?

I'll answer that for you: confidence in a great product!

J.

Did you read my post, I know apple makes great products now. But if a flop where to occur if could be devastating for them.
  • Reply 129 of 139
    Quote:

Did you read my post, I know apple makes great products now. But if a flop where to occur if could be devastating for them.

No single device failure would ruin Apple.

Having said that, if they DO release an HDTV, it would be a failure and everyone would crawl out of the woodwork and claim that 'Apple without Jobs is doomed', despite whatever (remember, hypothetical) solution they had come up with was Jobs' idea in the first place.
  • Reply 130 of 139
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

No single device failure would ruin Apple.

Having said that, if they DO release an HDTV, it would be a failure and everyone would crawl out of the woodwork and claim that 'Apple without Jobs is doomed', despite whatever (remember, hypothetical) solution they had come up with was Jobs' idea in the first place.

It would hurt how consumers think of them. And if you notice that is the most power full thing apple has going for them. Consumer perception that the apple product is superior without asking questions. If they stumble it will mean more consumers will stop making an iDevice their first choice and look in to comparable products (like for instance the GSIII).
  • Reply 131 of 139
    Quote:

It would hurt how consumers think of them. And if you notice that is the most power full thing apple has going for them.

Oh, right; absolutely.

Quote:

If they stumble it will mean more consumers will stop making an iDevice their first choice and look in to comparable products (like for instance the GSIII).

Provided it's an iDevice on which they stumble, but of course, that's the topic of this thread.
  • Reply 132 of 139
    piotpiot Posts: 1,346member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by thataveragejoe View Post

Another average joe who didn't read the article!

"iOS, Android activations surge 353% on record setting Christmas Day "
  • Reply 133 of 139
    Quote:

You may be at a loss for words, but you can't really argue with facts and logic.

Android customers lack the ability and the will to pay for stuff. They are cheapskates and they have a freeloading OWS type of mentality which ultimately affects the entire Android platform.

He's moved on....post edited
  • Reply 134 of 139
    Quote:

It has little to do with them looking grumpy looking, though I do believe that in general, most Android users are of a lower stature, and this will also be reflected in their overall appearance.

He's moved on....post edited
  • Reply 135 of 139
    gatorguygatorguy Posts: 24,213member
    MicroNix, you probably don't realize you're replying to the wind. He's moved on according to his last post and continuing to beat on him in his absence is silly. It won't make you appear much better to reply in kind. Just let it go.
  • Reply 136 of 139
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Gatorguy View Post

MicroNix, you probably don't realize you're replying to the wind. He's moved on according to his last post and continuing to beat on him in his absence is silly. It won't make you appear much better to reply in kind. Just let it go.

Thanks. Posts edited
  • Reply 137 of 139
    mr. hmr. h Posts: 4,870member
    [off-topic posts deleted]
  • Reply 138 of 139
    1st1st Posts: 443member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Dick Applebaum View Post

Here's another perspective:

Holiday Gifts Drive Apple iOS 12x Higher; Android Leads in More Countries

Does anyone notice that Japan and China X'mas is not a holiday (just a regular weekend). I suspect India is the same. To compare Holiday world wide including the countries that is NOT really on holiday is meaningless. Am I missing something?
  • Reply 139 of 139
    solipsismxsolipsismx Posts: 19,566member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by 1st View Post

Does anyone notice that Japan and China X'mas is not a holiday (just a regular weekend). I suspect India is the same. To compare Holiday world wide including the countries that is NOT really on holiday is meaningless. Am I missing something?

I don't think it's meaningless. It seems to show a clear demarcation of what countries celebrate Christmas the most or not at all. While there are Christians in every country not all of them celebrate Christmas and there are non-Christians that do celebrate Christmas, though the latter seems to be more of a cultural doing based on their residence within certain countries. Regardless, this type of metric is very valid. I certainly won't be promoting Christmas sales in Japan or China next year.