Amazon announces $499 Kindle Fire HD 4G LTE with $50/year data plan

123457»

Comments

• Reply 121 of 124

Quote:

Originally Posted by Postulant View Post

No. That's 8.3 MB per day...

Thank you for the correction! I apparently experienced a senior moment doing my division there… ;)))

Well, even worse then… what can anyone do with a cap like that? I'm not really a cell-data 'power user' (I use a lot of WiFi), but even I can blow through that much in half a day without even trying...

• Reply 122 of 124

Apparently many in here have never used an Amazon Kindle Fire.  It's not a very good tablet, it tries not to be one but it is somewhat capable.  Due to the lack of a standard Android homescreen, it's a ereader that accesses Amazon content. 

They set the LTE limit to 250MB because it's meant to download Amazon ebooks not watch movies.  If you want to do that you have to pony up for extra bandwidth.

Amazon appstore is simply trash.  Missing many top quality Android apps and Amazon does not do a good job keeping the apps updated.  The UI is very difficult to multitask, well you really can't.  It's not meant to be a full fledge tablet. 

The media organization is cluttered and no way to side load stuff easily since there's no external storage again. 

Most folks are buying it to flash it to a custom rom and delete all the Amazon stuff.  It won't be easy to flash this new Amazon Kindle Fire since it's got the LTE and will take time for hackers to figure out the LTE basebands.

• Reply 123 of 124

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vision33r View Post

Most folks are buying it to flash it to a custom rom and delete all the Amazon stuff.  It won't be easy to flash this new Amazon Kindle Fire since it's got the LTE and will take time for hackers to figure out the LTE basebands.

I suspect 99%+ are not doing this and are content with what they purchased.

• Reply 124 of 124
    sennensennen Posts: 1,472member

Apparently it's as laggy as all hell...