Apple seeks another $707 million in damages from Samsung

Comments

• Reply 81 of 173

Quote:

Originally Posted by Slurpy View Post

And you call people here fanatics? If you believe what you're saying, you're fucking dellusional. Yes, iOS is going to become a "niche" product after the iPhone is selling anywhere from 5-8 million units in its 1st weekend of the latest "pathetic and outdated" version, and when each new phone continues to sell more than all previous generations combined. Not to forget iPad, which even slobbering trolls like you have to admit completely dominates the tablet space in all aspects. Meanwhile, Macs continue to smash their own sales records quarter after quarter, and have outgrown the PC industry for the past several years.

Unless the earth opens up and swallows Cupertino, this decade truly belongs to Apple. We've only seen the tip of the Apple iceberg for the past few years. 

• Reply 82 of 173

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ireland View Post

Could this round backfire on Apple?

How? The world, yet again, is in the grip of Apple-mania. Consumers don't care about the ins and outs of patent litigation. It's all about the goods. And Apple's got em. 

• Reply 83 of 173
    gtrgtr Posts: 3,231member

Quote:

Originally Posted by Quadra 610 View Post

It's all about the goods. And Apple's got em.

Ain't that the truth.

And you know what they say:

"An Apple court case a day, keeps the doctoring away."

• Reply 84 of 173
    neo42neo42 Posts: 287member
    It's not about the money. It's about sending a message.

It's a shameful display. Being caught in one will either damage Samsung's honor or reveal that they don't care about honor, damaging it even more.

Oh you mean like how the jury was self proclaimed "sending a message" instead of doing their job properly? Tallest you should give up being an apologist for Apple because they are starting to teeter a dangerous line.
  • Reply 85 of 173
    jragostajragosta Posts: 10,473member
    Yea, their reputation took a big hit. That's why Samsung sold 20 million S3 in 100 days. 

Actually, they didn't. They claimed to have orders for something like that, but sales were far below that number. For example, if a carrier ordered 4 M phones (1 M per quarter for the next 4 quarters), that would be 4 M in Samsung's "orders" number.

Notice, as well, that Samsung talks about big numbers when it's about shipments and market share, but when it comes to the court asking how many they actually SOLD (in order to calculate damages), the numbers are much, much lower.
  • Reply 86 of 173
    lkrupplkrupp Posts: 10,557member

Quote:

Originally Posted by googleisgod View Post

Yea, their reputation took a big hit. That's why Samsung sold 20 million S3 in 100 days. 

No they didn't and there's no way you can prove they did. It's all smoke and mirrors. Samsung does not release sales figures unless forced to by a court of law. And when forced to release actual sales figures (of the Tab) the whole world saw that they lied through their teeth. 20 million S3s? In your dreams maybe.

• Reply 87 of 173
    quadra 610 wrote: »
    Unless the earth opens up and swallows Cupertino, this decade truly belongs to Apple. We've only seen the tip of the Apple iceberg for the past few years. 

No I believe this is the whole iceberg, now all it's gonna carve out the Grand Canyon.
  • Reply 88 of 173

Originally Posted by Neo42 View Post

Oh you mean like how the jury was self proclaimed "sending a message" instead of doing their job properly?

They did their frigging job, they weighed the facts, they found them guilty, and THEN they sent the message. 

Come on.

• Reply 89 of 173

Quote:

apple, why don't you stick to innovation instead of litigation? your lack of innovation really shows in your recent products: just adding features or copying features that had been on android for years, and still doing a terrible job at it (e.g. new maps). iphone 5 bring nothing new to the market. Just my opinion.

I like this guy. I like idiots.

/s

Well really, I hate you. Litigation is great. We get to protect out work that we spent time and money on, and they don't get to use it. And that is just one of the many reasons litigation is good. And yeah, cuz there was no iOS jailbreak tweak that offered stuff that Android copied from them. And if Google is god, why did their maps suck when THEY FIRST LAUNCHED?? HUH, HUH, HUH?

Shut the **** up you stupid little troll. Get the **** away from AI, go to the fucking Verge or something.

• Reply 90 of 173

Quote:

Originally Posted by Neo42 View Post

Oh you mean like how the jury was self proclaimed "sending a message" instead of doing their job properly?

Do you mean that a jury can't do it's job properly whilst also sending a message?

The two are mutually exclusive?

• Reply 91 of 173

Originally Posted by GTR View Post

Do you mean that a jury can't do it's job properly whilst also sending a message?

The two are mutually exclusive?

"No jury that has ever done its job properly has ever sent a message with its verdict."

Never mind that this would mean that no jury has ever come to a verdict in history, but that's what he'd have to believe.

• Reply 92 of 173

Quote:

I am an idiot

At least we all can agree on something.

• Reply 93 of 173

protecting IP like rectangle with rounded corner…

Yeah, you'll be gone tomorrow, easy. There's zero reason to let lies like this stand anymore.

• Reply 94 of 173
    I am an idiot because apple failed to bring anything new to the market? 4 in. screen, android had 2 years ago, turn by turn navigation, android had 3 years ago, 4G, android had 18 months ago, notification system (straight up copy) andoid had 4 years ago. Now they try to "innovate" maps with a gimmicky flyover and fall on their face. Not only do they fail to innovate anything new, they are taking steps backwards with a half baked map. I mean on another AI post, all your boyfriends were begging for google map as an standalone app on app store. LOL, truly pathetic. You guys can't live without google. If siri doesn't know an answer, it goes to google search. Truly, google IS god. I can tell what will be the new "innovation" for iphone 5S next year: NFC, something android also had for 2 years. Apple should hire more engineers instead of lawyers. 

protecting IP like rectangle with rounded corner, swipe to unlock, patenting gestures, patenting the idea of unified search while google perfected search. And to top if off, apple sues polish grocery chain names A.Pl. Apple is just pathetic, just like you.

Well, you did get one thing correct in this entire babble: Your first four words.

Well done!

Joined up writing can't be far behind!
  • Reply 95 of 173

Ticks me off that they don't teach cursive anymore.

• Reply 96 of 173

It ticks me off that, despite my requests, AI still refuses to implement an IQ testing system when creating accounts.

The current 'touch your nose' system is getting us nowhere.

;-)
  • Reply 97 of 173
    gtr wrote: »
    Well, you did get one thing correct in this entire babble: Your first four words.
    Well done!

In his other post he was also correct when he said Chris_CA was clever.
  • Reply 98 of 173

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

Is that true? That they don't teach cursive I mean, not that it ticks you off.

• Reply 99 of 173
    apple, why don't you stick to innovation instead of litigation? your lack of innovation really shows in your recent products: just adding features or copying features that had been on android for years, and still doing a terrible job at it (e.g. new maps). iphone 5 bring nothing new to the market. Just my opinion.
    Just your opinion. Couldn't have said it better. Now go play.
  • Reply 100 of 173

Quote:

protecting IP like rectangle with rounded corner, swipe to unlock, patenting gestures, patenting the idea of unified search while google perfected search.

So you think companies should not follow rules, apply for patents and protect those patents when granted?

And they are somehow wrong when they follow the law?