Apple seeks another $707 million in damages from Samsung

12345679»

Comments

• Reply 161 of 173
    hill60hill60 Posts: 6,992member

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gatorguy View Post

For those very few who have an interest in details of the remaining issues to be determined in the Apple/Samsung trial, here's a copy of Samsung's latest motion and arguments asking for a new trial as the best case, and portions of the jury's award over-ruled at the least.

http://www.groklaw.net/pdf4/ApplevSamsung-1990Samsung50and59motions.pdf

Here is what Samsung asked for in the California trial they lost, not much point in them complaining if things didn't go the way they wanted:-

CASE NO. 11-cv-01846-LHK

SAMSUNG ENTITIES' ANSWER, AFFIRMATIVE DEFENSES, AND COUNTERCLAIMS TO APPLE INC.'S AMENDED COMPLAINT; AND

DEMAND FOR JURY TRIAL..

...DEMAND FOR JURY TRIAL

SEC [Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd.], SEA [Samsung Electronics America, Inc.] and STA [Samsung Telecommunications America, LLC] hereby demand a jury trial on all issues.

• Reply 162 of 173
    munas wrote: »
    It would be nice to hear that all these billions will be spent by Apple on QC/QA and no betas or beta-like products for end users in future.

Right. Apple should always just stay with the status quo and never ever change anything. See how far Microsoft, RIM and countless other companies are performing with that winning strategy.

No risk... no reward! I'm happy that at least one company out there has the fortitude and lack of fear to make changes and release industry-defining products.

BTW: funny how everyone just KNOWS what iOS 7 looks like and it's release date, and what integration Apple is planning with their "beta" software.

You might want to consider going Android. Google recently has tackled the "Stutter Bug" with the new "Jelly Bean" dance. Oh... thats version 4.1 I believe?!

On Topic: Apple should take 'em for all their worth. You went this far, make the extra effort and score the winning touchdown... do the "Dougy" after. It's just as silly as the dances above.
  • Reply 163 of 173
    macrulezmacrulez Posts: 2,455member

deleted

• Reply 164 of 173
    jeffdm wrote: »
    I'm sure a decent sized monitor can be had for $100. A useful, durable, if basic Logitech scroll mouse and keyboard are $15 each. Assuming you actually need to buy things you cant just use from your old computer, that total is $730. What am I missing?

How many people go that route?
  • Reply 165 of 173
    jeffdmjeffdm Posts: 12,951member
    dasanman69 wrote: »
    How many people go that route?

Which route? Either way, I don't really know. I've seen people buy minis at the Apple store, but not a mini + screen + mouse + keyboard.
  • Reply 166 of 173
    jeffdm wrote: »
    Which route? Either way, I don't really know. I've seen people buy minis at the Apple store, but not a mini + screen + mouse + keyboard.

How many Mac Minis does Apple sell in a year?
  • Reply 167 of 173

Originally Posted by dasanman69 View Post

More than they sold 17" MacBook Pros. I guess that's our only metric. If they ever decide to drop the iPod classic, we'll have yet another metric.

Neither of which having solid numbers, of course.

• Reply 168 of 173
    More than they sold 17" MacBook Pros. I guess that's our only metric. If they ever decide to drop the iPod classic, we'll have yet another metric.

Neither of which having solid numbers, of course.

Well they no longer offer the 17" MBP and when they did it cost over 3Gs, I'd expect a $599 Mac Mini to outsell that. I'm curious to see how it fares against the iMac but their sales get lumped in together.
  • Reply 169 of 173
    jeffdmjeffdm Posts: 12,951member
    dasanman69 wrote: »

I've not seen them give out sales figures for specific Mac models.
  • Reply 170 of 173

• Reply 171 of 173
    hill60hill60 Posts: 6,992member

Quote:

Originally Posted by MacRulez View Post

Here is what Apple asked for in the UK trial they lost, not much point in them complaining if things didn't go the way they wanted:

http://www.bbc.com/news/technology-18895384

Samsung has been found to have copied Apple's designs in several jurisdictions, therefore Samsung did copy Apple.

How is it possible for something to be copied in one place but not in another?

This is an amazingly large flaw in logic

Apple or Samsung did not create their products within the Judge's jurisdiction, this crazy judge should shove his ruling where the sun don't shine, the judge is inciting Apple to commit a crime by forcing them to engage in false advertising.

• Reply 172 of 173
    hill60 wrote: »
    Samsung has been found to have copied Apple's designs in several jurisdictions, therefore Samsung did copy Apple.

How is it possible for something to be copied in one place but not in another?

This is an amazingly large flaw in logic

Apple or Samsung did not create their products within the Judge's jurisdiction, this crazy judge should shove his ruling where the sun don't shine, the judge is inciting Apple to commit a crime by forcing them to engage in false advertising.

Because it's really subjective, and what might be obvious in one area of the world doesn't mean it is everywhere else. You can dismount that high horse now.