Rapper's performance at Microsoft Store event cut short after destruction of several PCs

Comments

• Reply 21 of 128
    jetlawjetlaw Posts: 156member
    It is amazing how disconnected Microsoft has become. Whether you love it or hate it, Apple has managed to create a coherent identity for itself. Meanwhile MS manages to simultaneously perpetuate a split personality that is one-half stodgy corporate boredom, while the other half is a schizophrenic, wanna-be hipster. If the "I'm a Mac" campaign reflected the message of this video, John Hodgman would pull out a Glock a pop a cap into Justin Long.
  • Reply 22 of 128
    SpamSandwichSpamSandwich Posts: 33,407member
    Can't wait for the small claims court case against DJ Deuce here.
  • Reply 23 of 128
    bdkennedy1bdkennedy1 Posts: 1,459member

Most Microsoft launch events suck so I'm not surprised.

• Reply 24 of 128
    LL

"Now lemme drop on down some news for ya,
    Ol' Microsoft is gonna cruise with ya, yo,
    Developin' is all up in the house,
    {expletive redacted} all your fruits, how do ya like these apples?!

LL

Love it!

LOL
  • Reply 25 of 128
    netytnetyt Posts: 3member
    The look on his face in that promo photo...

The same look of confusion I saw in my high school algebra class on every person that failed.
  • Reply 26 of 128

That was hilarious. Est 1990, b!tches!

Sigh, he was born after I graduated high school ...

• Reply 27 of 128

Quote:

Originally Posted by pedromartins View Post

No.. he is trash.. he deserves to be exterminated. that's it.

Should we kill everyone who produces music you don't like?

They've hit the top 100 and are signed by Interscope Records. That takes a lot of dedication that you don't find in someone you'd call "trash".

• Reply 28 of 128
    mac_128mac_128 Posts: 3,454member
    Microsoft: We're 'hip', 'cool', and 'with it'. Now get off our lawn.™

But seriously, I take their side on this, of course. The kid doesn't have much of a place in society with that attitude, much less a Microsoft Store.
    Absolutely. However, Microsoft let him perform. Why? The only answer is that nobody who works for Microsoft had a clue what they were getting into, and BIng clearly did not return the proper search results to inform them that they were making a bad decision.

This is 100% Microsoft's problem, and they deserve to learn the hard way ... As usual.
  • Reply 29 of 128

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mac_128 View Post

This is 100% Microsoft's problem, and they deserve to learn the hard way ... As usual.

An elevated stage without computers on it would have been a good start.

• Reply 30 of 128
    stevenozstevenoz Posts: 315member
    Somewhere I heard he was Steve Balmer's favorite vocalist.

Such a pity.
  • Reply 31 of 128
    macrulezmacrulez Posts: 2,455member

deleted

• Reply 32 of 128

Quote:

Originally Posted by Netyt View Post

The look on his face in that promo photo...

The same look of confusion I saw in my high school algebra class on every person that failed.

And why do they need a flash? He is so white that all I could see was his face and tatoos.  Nice map icons on him though.  I think they're directions on how to get him home.

• Reply 33 of 128

Quote:

Originally Posted by sflocal View Post

Maybe Apple secretly hired The Source to hire MGK to wreck... uhm... I mean "perform at" the Microsoft Store? image

MGK is nothing but white trash. The rap industry in general - especially "gangsta rap" is more like a skid-mark of the music industry.

I just don't get why lyrics that contains foul words like "M----rF----er", Ho, B!tch, D!ck, P-$$y, F#-K, $h!t, N(word), etc. and all the while grabbing their crotch and holding their pants up, can even qualify as "music"???

When people aren't talented enough to do anything creative, such as sing.. :D

• Reply 34 of 128
    gazoobeegazoobee Posts: 3,754member

Quote:

Originally Posted by stevenoz View Post

Somewhere I heard he was Steve Balmer's favorite vocalist.

Such a pity.

A lot of old ultra-conservative types like rap, and those that don't are fans of heavy metal.  That tells you a lot both about old conservatives as well as the music. 

• Reply 35 of 128
    postulantpostulant Posts: 1,272member
    astrubhar wrote: »

Why not? We don't mind killing people who look different than we do. Or those who choose to worship different. Or those whose sexual orientation we don't agree with...

Yep. Seems about right.
  • Reply 36 of 128

Quote:

Originally Posted by MacRulez View Post

Being an old fuddy duddy myself I might normally agree with you.  But in this case it was Microsoft themselves that hired him, and they hired him knowing he calls himself "Machine Gun Kelly".  What exactly did they think would happen?  That he'd break out in a rendition of "Moon River"?

They've gone mad in Redmond, and they're suffering for not seeking treatment.  We can't make them go to rehab, but the center's open whenever they choose to go.

Reread, Microsoft didn't hire him. But they did let him perform by proxy.

I'm surprised the magazine wanted this to begin with. Lenox Mall in Buckhead is uptown in the business district and not exactly this guy's demo...There's an Apple store on the next level around the corner too.

• Reply 37 of 128
    quadra 610quadra 610 Posts: 6,757member

Quite the metaphor for the company as a whole.

• Reply 38 of 128
    macrulezmacrulez Posts: 2,455member

deleted

• Reply 39 of 128
    quadra 610quadra 610 Posts: 6,757member

Dear Microsoft:

"Cool" and "hip" (read: culturally relevant) have to do with a company's "culture", that is, their philosophy about how everyday *people* are supposed to relate to technology. The philosophy permeates and is reflected in every aspect of the company's operations and products.  

That's the "culture" that is behind and in such a company's products. 

You never really had any. And what you *do* have is overwhelmingly negative. And you can't create it overnight, when, since your inception, you did your very best (perhaps unwittingly - because you're stupid) to cultivate the complete opposite. It's too late. 

• Reply 40 of 128
    doh123doh123 Posts: 323member

Quote:

Originally Posted by astrubhar View Post

They've hit the top 100 and are signed by Interscope Records. That takes a lot of dedication that you don't find in someone you'd call "trash".

what does it have to do with music?  This guy wasn't doing music.. he was doing performance.

Of course really since music is art, anything can be considered music, so I guess its music...  I can also call flatulence music too.