Rapper's performance at Microsoft Store event cut short after destruction of several PCs

Comments

• Reply 41 of 128
    jungmarkjungmark Posts: 6,926member

The PCs are in a better place.

• Reply 42 of 128
    boredumbboredumb Posts: 1,418member

Glad to see they've finally instituted a valid product testing program...

• Reply 43 of 128

Quote:

Originally Posted by Netyt View Post

The look on his face in that promo photo...

The same look of confusion I saw in my high school algebra class on every person that failed.

Can't you just see the angst?!

• Reply 44 of 128
    oflifeoflife Posts: 120member
    Cannot believe parents would allow their children to be in the same room as a dumbed down trash like that.
  • Reply 45 of 128

Don't believe that those destroyed PCs are in a better place. They could have been saved with Linux. All PCs are welcome to convert to Linux. We accept them with open arms.

These days the word rapper should raise red flags regarding lyrics. Only Will Smith would be a rapper who wouldn't use such language. He even campaigned against gangsta rap and negativity in rap music. The chain of command at Microsoft really messed up this one. Who will get fired and who will be demoted over this? Perhaps since they don't really care that much, everything will remain the same.

I would like to read a follow up story to know if Machine Gun Kelly gets sued or if his performance fee would be withheld.

• Reply 46 of 128
    gtrgtr Posts: 3,231member

A rapper going berserk in a Microsoft store.

One of the few cases where THIS doesn't work:

• Reply 47 of 128

Quote:

Originally Posted by doh123 View Post

what does it have to do with music?  This guy wasn't doing music.. he was doing performance.

Of course really since music is art, anything can be considered music, so I guess its music...  I can also call flatulence music too.

What?

You've discredited his work as noise, even though he has millions of fans, has received recognition for his work, and is signed by a music label. Purely because you dislike him due to your prejudice.

Flatulence is not music. Music has rhythm. It's a well understood concept to most people and has a definition in an encyclopedia (we can cover what that is another time).

• Reply 48 of 128
    mstonemstone Posts: 11,510member

Quote:

Originally Posted by Napoleon_PhoneApart View Post

Quote:

Originally Posted by Netyt View Post

The look on his face in that promo photo...

The same look of confusion I saw in my high school algebra class on every person that failed.

Can't you just see the angst?!

As one of my favorite lyricists once penned "There's a killer on the road. His brain is squirming like a toad".

• Reply 49 of 128
    tallest skiltallest skil Posts: 43,388member

Originally Posted by astrubhar View Post

Flatulence is not music. Music has rhythm.

Pointless condescension aside, you're wrong. It can very well be music. 

• Reply 50 of 128
    quinneyquinney Posts: 2,528member

Quote:

Flatulence is not music. Music has rhythm. It's a well understood concept to most people and has a definition in an encyclopedia (we can cover what that is another time).

Some music also has melody, harmony, and counterpoint.

• Reply 51 of 128
    LOL man that was funny!!!!
  • Reply 52 of 128
    snovasnova Posts: 1,281member

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rabbit_Coach View Post

I don't know why, but somehow this guy reminds me of Steve Ballmer.

They could do a "pas de deux" during the next M$ keynote.

somehow I cant see him jumping up there and rapping to "Developers, Developers, Developers... " 

• Reply 53 of 128
    sflocalsflocal Posts: 6,092member

Quote:

Should we kill everyone who produces music you don't like?

They've hit the top 100 and are signed by Interscope Records. That takes a lot of dedication that you don't find in someone you'd call "trash".

Wrong...

When the mass of people constituting the bottom of society, all band together and vote for some guy that too is at the bottom of society, guess what... he's still at the bottom of society.

Look into the audience during a hardcore rapper's performance.  What are the odds that most of them have a rap-sheet?  - pun intended.

• Reply 54 of 128
    snovasnova Posts: 1,281member

the kid is a genius actually.  this will get him more fame and fortune than the original gig would have.  who even heard of this guy prior to today? 

Quick..   Letterman and Leno... snap this guy up for an exclusive interview tonight.. just don't let him rap on stage.

• Reply 55 of 128
    quinneyquinney Posts: 2,528member

Quote:

Originally Posted by snova View Post

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rabbit_Coach View Post

I don't know why, but somehow this guy reminds me of Steve Ballmer.

They could do a "pas de deux" during the next M$ keynote.

somehow I cant see him jumping up there and rapping to "Developers, Developers, Developers... " 

Try picturing him in a pink tutu with tight leotard

• Reply 56 of 128
    freerangefreerange Posts: 1,597member
    He's as dumb as he looks.
  • Reply 57 of 128
    mstonemstone Posts: 11,510member

Quote:

Originally Posted by snova View Post

the kid is a genius actually.  this will get him more fame and fortune than the original gig would have.  who even heard of this guy prior to today? 

If you do a search on him you will find out more like the secret Apple connection /s

Delivering lyrics with the speed of a bullet train, Cleveland rapper Machine Gun Kelly (aka MGK) experienced a meteoric rise in late 2011. Born Richard Colson Baker in Texas but raised in the Cleveland suburb of Shaker Heights, MGK began making news in 2009 when he became the first rapper to win at amateur night at Harlem's Apollo Theater. A series of mixtapes, including 100 Words and Running,Lace Up, and Rage Pack came next; a 2011 performance at SXSW was followed immediately by a meeting with Sean CombsKelly signed with Comb's Bad Boy imprint that night and released the single "Wild Boy" on the label that same year. The track featured special guest Waka Flocka Flame and MGK's debut album Lace Up landed in 2012.

• Reply 58 of 128

Quote:

Originally Posted by jetlaw View Post

It is amazing how disconnected Microsoft has become. Whether you love it or hate it, Apple has managed to create a coherent identity for itself. Meanwhile MS manages to simultaneously perpetuate a split personality that is one-half stodgy corporate boredom, while the other half is a schizophrenic, wanna-be hipster. If the "I'm a Mac" campaign reflected the message of this video, John Hodgman would pull out a Glock a pop a cap into Justin Long.

Now that would be a great commercial.  "I'm a PC and I'm gonna put a cap in your Mac a%#!" Boom!

• Reply 59 of 128
    SpamSandwichSpamSandwich Posts: 33,407member

It was all a big misunderstanding! This was the pizza delivery driver, not a rap singer! It all makes perfect sense now.

• Reply 60 of 128
    SpamSandwichSpamSandwich Posts: 33,407member

Quote:

Originally Posted by mstone View Post

If you do a search on him you will find out more like the secret Apple connection /s

Delivering lyrics with the speed of a bullet train, Cleveland rapper Machine Gun Kelly (aka MGK) experienced a meteoric rise in late 2011. Born Richard Colson Baker in Texas but raised in the Cleveland suburb of Shaker Heights, MGK began making news in 2009 when he became the first rapper to win at amateur night at Harlem's Apollo Theater. A series of mixtapes, including 100 Words and Running,Lace Up, and Rage Pack came next; a 2011 performance at SXSW was followed immediately by a meeting with Sean CombsKelly signed with Comb's Bad Boy imprint that night and released the single "Wild Boy" on the label that same year. The track featured special guest Waka Flocka Flame and MGK's debut album Lace Up landed in 2012.

Wait... So he's really Bill Clinton's son?