Rapper's performance at Microsoft Store event cut short after destruction of several PCs

Comments

• Reply 61 of 128

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gazoobee View Post

A lot of old ultra-conservative types like rap, and those that don't are fans of heavy metal.  That tells you a lot both about old conservatives as well as the music. 

I would love for you to list some names, if that is indeed true.  I really doubt that the older crowd, regardless of ideal, likes rap or heavy metal.

• Reply 62 of 128

Quote:

Originally Posted by sflocal View Post

When the mass of people constituting the bottom of society, all band together and vote for some guy that too is at the bottom of society, guess what... he's still at the bottom of society.

Correlation = causation? You're suggesting that listening to hip-hop music means you're at the bottom of society?

I just think you should be more open minded. People are different. Some people like guitars, others like orchestras, and others like beats and melodic lyrics.

• Reply 63 of 128
    mstonemstone Posts: 11,510member

Quote:

Originally Posted by SpamSandwich View Post

Wait... So he's really Bill Clinton's son?

The debates will be held at 9-10:30 p.m. Eastern Standard Time, bro...

• Reply 64 of 128
    dasanman69dasanman69 Posts: 13,002member
    Well if Bill Gates was still around running the company he would've never allowed this to happen...

I never even heard of this guy until today.  I didn't know he was white until I clicked the article.  

If you've ever seen the HTC commercial advertising the Beats feature then you've heard his music. It's also played during football games.

[VIDEO]
  • Reply 65 of 128

Quote:

Originally Posted by wshuff4 View Post

I think the guy looks a little like Captain America before they gave him the serum.

There is a resemblance, gotta admit.  Part Captain America/part mug shot.

• Reply 66 of 128

Quote:

Originally Posted by iSteelers View Post

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gazoobee View Post

A lot of old ultra-conservative types like rap, and those that don't are fans of heavy metal.  That tells you a lot both about old conservatives as well as the music. 

I would love for you to list some names, if that is indeed true.  I really doubt that the older crowd, regardless of ideal, likes rap or heavy metal.

Well perhaps not but I have heard that many conservative rednecks honestly think that Free Bird by Lynard Skynyrd is the national anthem.

• Reply 67 of 128
    doh123doh123 Posts: 323member

Quote:

Originally Posted by astrubhar View Post

What?

You've discredited his work as noise, even though he has millions of fans, has received recognition for his work, and is signed by a music label. Purely because you dislike him due to your prejudice.

Flatulence is not music. Music has rhythm. It's a well understood concept to most people and has a definition in an encyclopedia (we can cover what that is another time).

assume much?

I dislike his "music" ... I'm sure he's just fine himself, i do not know him.  You assume prejudice just because I don't like something you may like?

You also don't have a concept of what art is, and that music is art.... and no music doesn't require rhythm.  I was only pointing out that what most people define as music changes greatly over the years.  In current day, just about anything can be considered music, and its perfectly valid... I was not saying or implying that its a bad thing that just about anything can be considered music, its not... its people broadening their minds.  We don't have to agree one what music we like though.  If you don't like fart tunes, you can't just say its not music because you don't like it... or your being hypocritical.

• Reply 68 of 128

Quote:

Originally Posted by astrubhar View Post

I just think you should be more open minded. People are different. Some people like guitars, others like orchestras, and others like beats and melodic lyrics.

And some people are appalled by grotesquely disrespectful behavior.

• Reply 69 of 128

Quote:

Originally Posted by ghostface147 View Post

Well if Bill Gates was still around running the company he would've never allowed this to happen...

I never even heard of this guy until today.  I didn't know he was white until I clicked the article.  

He's what is known as a "wigger," a white kid who thinks he's black.

• Reply 70 of 128

As cockamamy as this nut case rapper is, we really need to tone down the racially divisive comments.

• Reply 71 of 128
    He's what is known as a "wigger," a white kid who thinks he's black.

How do you know whether or not he grew up in that environment? A wigger is a white kid from the suburbs around white people and all of a sudden acts "black" but a white kid raised in the hood is acting the only way he knows how to act because of the environment and the people he grew up with.
  • Reply 72 of 128
    jcallowsjcallows Posts: 150member
    this is so microsoft. they get rid of the only thing worth seeing in that store.
  • Reply 73 of 128
    Does his parole officer know about this?
    Stay classy, Microsoft. And don't forget to wipe.
  • Reply 74 of 128

Quote:

Originally Posted by mstone View Post

As one of my favorite lyricists once penned "There's a killer on the road. His brain is squirming like a toad".

The difference being MGK doesn't sing the line, he boasts it. Furthermore, MGK would change the lyric to "Imma killer on the road..." 

There is a slice of low lives that think this is music. Someday they'll go, "What were we thinking??!"

• Reply 75 of 128
    jungmark wrote: »
    The PCs are in a better place.

Recycling center, instead of The Microsoft Store, LOL.
  • Reply 76 of 128

Quote:

Originally Posted by dasanman69 View Post

How do you know whether or not he grew up in that environment? A wigger is a white kid from the suburbs around white people and all of a sudden acts "black" but a white kid raised in the hood is acting the only way he knows how to act because of the environment and the people he grew up with.

Read his bio... he's a wigger.

• Reply 77 of 128

Quote:

Originally Posted by Macky the Macky View Post

Quote:

Originally Posted by mstone View Post

As one of my favorite lyricists once penned "There's a killer on the road. His brain is squirming like a toad".

The difference being MGK doesn't sing the line, he boasts it. Furthermore, MGK would change the lyric to "Imma killer on the road..." 

There is a slice of low lives that think this is music. Someday they'll go, "What were we thinking??!"

Sorry but ignorance is is not usually self-correcting.

• Reply 78 of 128
    Why does everybody hate rap? Rap is the only genre of music that really reflects how people feel and their emotions. Other music genres don't. They don't show that, they say "dance, dance!" or whatever. They are not real.

None of my statements include Lil Wayne or any of those idiots (YMCMB).
  • Reply 79 of 128
    Vanilla Ice eat your heart out!
  • Reply 80 of 128
    Read his bio... he's a wigger.

Yea he's a wigger lol