Apple's Schiller speaks out against Android on eve of Galaxy S4 debut

15678911»

Comments

• Reply 201 of 212
    sockrolidsockrolid Posts: 2,789member

Originally Posted by AppleInsider View Post

"Android is often given [as] a free replacement for a feature phone and the experience isn't as good as an iPhone," he said.

So funny to see all the commotion that Schiller's interview created.

When Schiller speaks, people listen.  When Ballmer speaks, crickets chirp.

• Reply 202 of 212
    19831983 Posts: 1,225member
    I also like Schiller, but what he's saying here is nothing new, both Jobs and Cook said more or less the same thing on a number of occasions in the past. The timing is also bad I think, he should of taken the high ground, by not paying attention to the Samsung launch. Just gives the impression that Apple are worried (whether they are or not) by Samsung's success - this is a PR gift to the Korean conglomerate.
  • Reply 203 of 212
    macrulezmacrulez Posts: 2,455member

deleted

• Reply 204 of 212
    gatorguygatorguy Posts: 24,584member

Quote:

Originally Posted by MacRulez View Post

Google isn't listed as an employer at either his Wikipedia page or at LinkedIn.

Citation needed.

It was really recent.

http://www.androidguys.com/2013/03/01/former-apple-guy-kawasaki-hired-to-advise-google-owned-motorola/

• Reply 205 of 212
    nikon133nikon133 Posts: 2,600member
    eksodos wrote: »
    Yeah I'd like to know what these nine accounts are you need on Android that iOS doesn't need. The only account you truly need is a Google one the same as iOS really.

I'm curious about that as well.

On my Asus Transformer I signed with my pre-existing Gmail account to get access to App Store. After that I had to create accounts for other email services I'm using, but I had to do all that on my iPhone too.

Can we ask Phil for citation? Tallest, you are good with that. Do us a honour.
  • Reply 206 of 212
    nikon133nikon133 Posts: 2,600member
    sockrolid wrote: »
    So funny to see all the commotion that Schiller's interview created.

When Schiller speaks, people listen.  When Ballmer speaks, crickets chirp.

Of course, that is not true.

We listen Balmer for a bit of comic relief.

We listen Shill for some cheap drama.

Honestly, Balmer is so much more fun.
  • Reply 207 of 212
    macrulezmacrulez Posts: 2,455member

deleted

• Reply 208 of 212
    ipenipen Posts: 410member

Quote:

Originally Posted by Techstalker View Post

Weird when I got my nexus 4.

All i needed to do was enter my password.

- Google already knew my email since I got it from the play store. Does apple do that.

All my music (with play music),

all my books (play books)

all my documents (google drive)

all my email (gmail),

all my apps (android apps),

all my movies and shows (play movies and shows),

all my magazines (play magazines)

all my maps (google maps)

all my videos (youtube)

booksmarks, searches, and tabs (chrome)

WERE WAITING FOR ME

Oh to top it all off opened google now, it had the schedule to my next class, how long it would take to get there, a buy ticket card for the movie trailer i watched on youtube, and a card to my buddy house for his birthday party the next day.

ALL of this was done with one password, i didnt even need to enter an email address.

This guy needs to shut up and lay off the crack pipe.

Wow, all these really make me want to try Samsung Galaxy.  Schiller should've just tell users to wait and see when iphone6 comes out (eh, maybe 5s will be out first, I don't think any wow will come with it.).  After all, consumers are the ones who make the final decision about which one to purchase.  (I still think Apple will follow its competitor to come out with a large screen phone, maybe the 6 or 6s.)

• Reply 209 of 212
    How can you take a powerful, well-connected and very wealthy person seriously who doesn't have the bugs on his own face fixed? Yes, it's partly a personal issue, but as he also represents Apple in a highly public way, it's a reflection of how bosses at Apple reason.
  • Reply 210 of 212
    tallest skiltallest skil Posts: 43,388member

Originally Posted by kcartesius View Post

How can you take a powerful, well-connected and very wealthy person seriously who doesn't have the bugs on his own face fixed?

So his opinion is null and void because he has a wart?

I don't think it humanly possible to be any more vain. image

So you ignore Ballmer already because he's bald and Woz because he's fat. What about Cook? Schmidt? Whoever runs RIM these days?

• Reply 211 of 212

Schiller seems out of touch. His reasons for switchers is milk toast. I bought an iPhone when it was first introduced. The reason is clear, I was an avid Apple fan. I "switched" to a Samsung Galaxy about two years ago. The most compelling thing about a Samsung on Android is when I plugged in the phone it was treated by the OS like a hard drive. I could open and browse every file on the phone on my desktop. That is huge to me. Copying files was a breeze. I don't care who you are, going through Itunes is a pain in the ass. Don't deny it or you would be lying. Every person I have talked with about it acknowledges it. 

I have switched back to the iphone 5 because I am developing an app for Iphone. It's impressive but I was quickly reminded of how I feel trapped in the iPhone world. 

• Reply 212 of 212
    tallest skiltallest skil Posts: 43,388member

Originally Posted by DaveMontague View Post

I don't care who you are, going through Itunes is a pain in the ass.

The idea there is to get high technology into the hands of people who couldn't give a flying frick about directory trees, nor should they have to.

Don't deny it or you would be lying. 

I deny it. Quit trolling.