Apple employs 4 of the top 5 highest paid execs in the US

12346»

Comments

• Reply 101 of 113
    "The glass is half empty! Samsung's meanwhile is half full! Those the facts jack. Why won't you people listen to me?"
  • Reply 102 of 113
    dasanman69dasanman69 Posts: 13,002member
    igriv wrote: »
    You think the $37BN is interest?

What part of 'much of it' didn't you understand? Do you think none of the 37 billion is interest?
  • Reply 103 of 113
    igrivigriv Posts: 1,177member

Quote:

Originally Posted by Suddenly Newton View Post

"The glass is half empty! Samsung's meanwhile is half full! Those the facts jack. Why won't you people listen to me?"

Are you talking about "google glass"?

• Reply 104 of 113
    Are you talking about "google glass"?

If it's shaped like a search bubble, yes.
  • Reply 105 of 113

Quote:

Originally Posted by Suddenly Newton View Post

If it's shaped like a search bubble, yes.

Search bubble??? Man, you are tripping me out...

• Reply 106 of 113
    Someone's on -- or off -- drugs again.
  • Reply 107 of 113
    rogifanrogifan Posts: 10,669member
    Because presumably he is being paid by Apple's british subsidiary? Since he is buying $20MM houses all over the world (one in SF, one in London), I assume he is not being stiffed too badly.
    a $20m London house? Since when?
  • Reply 108 of 113

Quote:

Originally Posted by anantksundaram View Post

Yes, I know you hate me, but thanks for reminding me.

• Reply 109 of 113

Quote:

Originally Posted by malax View Post

"none of them are the company's chief executive officer"

Basic grammar, people.  (I know that "none is" sounds weird, but what can you do.  Think of is as "not one" then you'll get it right.)

Really that all you could contribute to this discussion. Again we are back in school with this spell and grammar check. Who cares, everyone understood the   article.

As for the payouts, good for these guys, especially Mike, he worked very hard for Apple.

Soul

Edit: The above reply does have grammar mistakes, but what the hell you get gist of my comments.

• Reply 110 of 113
    paxmanpaxman Posts: 4,729member
    jd_in_sb wrote: »
    Glad that the anti-capitalism "these salaries aren't fair" crowd haven't pounced on this thread.
    It may be 'fair', but is it 'right'? You don't have to be anti capitalist not to be blinkered by the doctrine.
  • Reply 111 of 113
    Yes, I know you hate me, but thanks for reminding me.

No, I don't. Don't flatter yourself.

I am just bemused by all your anger, and marveling at the fact that you haven't been banned yet. :-)
  • Reply 112 of 113
    rkevwillrkevwill Posts: 224member
    Its not uncommon to see senior sales executives make more than the presidents of the companies. Especially in the old days. A book many years ago, ghost written by J Paul Getty, slammed Xerox for recently cutting the pay of their sales force. (those of us around in the 70's in the business world, heard about the lavish trips, parties, and pay, of the top Xerox salesmen) Plus, their secret games of picking up girls using their newfound Xerox selling skills courses. They lowered the pay of the sales force, because the execs were jealous of the higher pay. Getty said (I paraphrase), you NEVER pay your salesmen too much. When they are making too much money, that means your profits are going up and up! He told Xerox, by cutting their sales salarys and bonuses, they were going to lose biz. Thats exactly what happened. Ex Xerox superstars went and cut deals for Ricoh, and cannon to come in to the US. We all know how that affected the copying business for years.
  • Reply 113 of 113

No surprise there then, the amount of money Apple must have...