Samsung returns to targeted anti-Apple ads with latest Galaxy S4 spot

Comments

• Reply 61 of 210
    paul94544paul94544 Posts: 1,027member
    Apple's handset grew its share of the market by 2.7 percent, moving from 36.3 percent to 39 percent over the three month period ending in March

Doesn't seem to be working for them right
  • Reply 62 of 210
    mdriftmeyermdriftmeyer Posts: 7,503member

Quote:

Originally Posted by 3Eleven View Post

I will say some of the Samsung ads do make me giggle. I'll never forget that one with the wife saying goodbye to her husband and she beams him a special movie.

I always chuckled it had to have been one helluva  a quick solo seeing as they bumped for a few seconds.

• Reply 63 of 210

Quote:

Originally Posted by Paul94544 View Post

Apple's handset grew its share of the market by 2.7 percent, moving from 36.3 percent to 39 percent over the three month period ending in March

Doesn't seem to be working for them right

I can see the parody now, ``You're marketing it wrong.''

• Reply 64 of 210

I honestly don't see the interest in a Google Android based smartphone if my ecosystem runs OS X and iTunes. Sorry, but Android is going to hit the wall sooner, rather than later, due to that embarrassing software ecosystem.

• Reply 65 of 210
    tribalogicaltribalogical Posts: 1,182member

Quote:

Originally Posted by igriv View Post

#next_pages_container { width: 5px; hight: 5px; position: absolute; top: -100px; left: -100px; z-index: 2147483647 !important; }

Some people prefer the iPhone and others prefer the Galaxy -- I certainly don't know which phone is better, but I can see people liking either one. My experience is that iOS has its share of stability problems -- the updater frequently hangs, and is impossible to unhang (the only way seems to be to delete the hung updates, and to reload the apps from scratch) -- really annoying, since I have several a lot of apps, and doing this by hand is a nightmare (and a frequent one). iMessage sometimes eats messages. Some of the apps I use crash every time I use them. Others never do. I have never ever had an app crash on an android device, but my sample size is a lot smaller. I have never had malware on either iPhones or Androids. Perhaps because I neither jailbreak nor sideload (although the fact that Apple has never sold a truly unlocked device has made the decision to not jailbreak a difficult and expensive one -- all of my android devices are fully unlocked).

Just one man's experience.

#next_pages_container { width: 5px; hight: 5px; position: absolute; top: -100px; left: -100px; z-index: 2147483647 !important; }

Or, just one man's lack of actual experience, maybe? 

You made two pretty fallacious suppositions here.

First, that Apple has never sold a truly unlocked device. Um, wrong?  Try this: From the iPhone 'buy now' screen at apple.com, scroll a short way down and see: "Or get iPhone unlocked and contract-free."

Maybe I don't understand what you mean by "truly unlocked". Something more than "unlocked and contract free"? That looks pretty "truly unlocked" to me.

Second, I've been using iPhones since 5 days after they first launched, and iPads since 10 days after they first launched, and I have NEVER had a problem with what you call the "updater" having 'hanging problems'… what the hell are you talking about?? What "updater" is that exactly? Are you referring to iTunes? Are you sure you're using an actual iPhone with iOS on it, and not some Chinese knock-off? I've NEVER had "my share of iOS stability issues". On the contrary, the OS itself is rock solid.

Although 3rd party apps do crash from time to time, the OS itself has NEVER crashed. Not once in the 6+ years I've been using iOS.

I HAVE had an iOS device (iPod Touch, iPhone or iPad) lock up on me exactly twice, and both times were attributable to poorly behaving 3rd party apps.

If your device is locking up frequently, as implied, then it's probably got something wrong with it, and I'd take it in to be checked. I can assure you what you're describing is anything but 'normal'.
  • Reply 66 of 210
    eim23xeim23x Posts: 14member
    All these commercial point to shit of the Samsung S4, they don't point to the
    truth that when you buy a 16GB with all the shit they load it comes out to 8GB
    and Samsung comment is to buy a SD card bastards.
    Maybe they should give it to the customer. Love to see the buyers sue them
    on that comment.
  • Reply 67 of 210
    jusephejusephe Posts: 108member
    Android: Wow look I got this awesome feature called drama shot ! You can take multiple photos and combine them into an single image !!!
    iOS: typing...
    A: hey ! You don't have it ! Your phone is crap !
    i: Downloading...
    A: Apple is so arrogant they don't put that feature into every their CraPhone ! Samsung is much better, SAMSUNG will rule entire space and time !!!!!!!
    Someone other: jumping into the pool.
    i:shooting...
    A: that is...
    i: Yes it's an awesome feature ! Do you want to... Ah we cannot share it... "Troll face"
  • Reply 68 of 210
    dick applebaumdick applebaum Posts: 12,527member
    I liked it!

It was well done and piqued my interest.
  • Reply 69 of 210
    igriv wrote: »
    Some people prefer the iPhone and others prefer the Galaxy -- I certainly don't know which phone is better, but I can see people liking either one. My experience is that iOS has its share of stability problems -- the updater frequently hangs, and is impossible to unhang (the only way seems to be to delete the hung updates, and to reload the apps from scratch) -- really annoying, since I have several a lot of apps, and doing this by hand is a nightmare (and a frequent one). iMessage sometimes eats messages. Some of the apps I use crash every time I use them. Others never do. I have never ever had an app crash on an android device, but my sample size is a lot smaller. I have never had malware on either iPhones or Androids. Perhaps because I neither jailbreak nor sideload (although the fact that Apple has never sold a truly unlocked device has made the decision to not jailbreak a difficult and expensive one -- all of my android devices are fully unlocked).

Just one man's experience.

This is complete BS. I've had an iPhone since the original model and never had any of the problems you mention. I've never had an app fail to update and have to delete and reinstall it. Not saying that has never happened to anyone but to imply that it happens all the time is just a lie. Also, if I had any apps that crashed every time I used them, I would probably delete the app. How can you use it anyway if it crashes every time?? And to imply that you've never had an android app crash means that you must have never actually used an android phone. I was forced to use one for about a year after I moved and had to switch to Verizon. I had a droid 2 until Verizon added the iPhone. Almost every app I downloaded would have many reviews that said it worked on such and such a phone running this version of android and how it didn't work well on this other phone. I had more app crashes in about a year of android use than in 5 years of iOS use.

Nice try troll but your story is bull
  • Reply 70 of 210
    bullheadbullhead Posts: 493member

Quote:

Originally Posted by egern View Post

You've got to admit, Samsung is innovating. You can certainly argue that Apple implements ideas in a more elegant, controlled and tight sort of way, but iOS isn't exactly pioneering the way in new ideas lately.

As an Android user myself, I pray that iOS 7 brings NFC capabilities so that technology finally takes off. Android has had it for over a year, but until Apple gets it, it just won't be that wide spread.

love all the new astroturfers, i mean "posters" posting these Samesung feel good messages.  the s4 is garbage, just like the s3.  Yeah i want to touch phones to "squirt" photos to my friends.  I guess the Microsoft drone from the failed Zune when to Samesung?

Samesung has not innovated anything other than how to blantly copy and steal from Apple and get away with it.  NFC is terrible and will never "take off"

• Reply 71 of 210
    hill60hill60 Posts: 6,992member

Quote:

Originally Posted by igriv View Post

the updater frequently hangs, and is impossible to unhang (the only way seems to be to delete the hung updates, and to reload the apps from scratch) -- really annoying, since I have several a lot of apps, and doing this by hand is a nightmare (and a frequent one). 

Double tap them.

Problem solved.

For all several a lot of them.

• Reply 72 of 210
    tallest skiltallest skil Posts: 43,388member

Originally Posted by egern View Post

You've got to admit, Samsung is innovating. 

No, I'm not a liar.

…iOS isn't exactly pioneering the way in new ideas lately.

Said no person of intelligence, ever.

As an Android user myself…

So go away.

I pray that iOS 7 brings NFC capabilities so that technology finally takes off. Android has had it for over a year, but until Apple gets it, it just won't be that wide spread.

Must be fun to acknowledge that everything your platform does is total, useless crap, huh. image

• Reply 73 of 210

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phone-UI-Guy View Post

I have an IR dongle and app for that. Really wish the IR was built it though. Apple still uses IR for their remotes too. It is a great technology that won't go away fast. It is so great for easy implementation, low energy consumption ,and cost. BT is wonderful, but not as strong on those values.. No doubt it will get closer and it certainly has other advantages.

Used to have fun with one of these, picture a crowded bar, a close game, all of a sudden the channel changes or the TV switches off and no-one has any idea how or why as staff scramble for the remote.

Of course, due to Nokia's lack of success in the US no wonder that guy is so impressed with ten year old tech.

• Reply 74 of 210

Quote:

Originally Posted by tribalogical View Post

Second, I've been using iPhones since 5 days after they first launched, and iPads since 10 days after they first launched, and I have NEVER had a problem with what you call the "updater" having 'hanging problems'… what the hell are you talking about?? What "updater" is that exactly? Are you referring to iTunes? Are you sure you're using an actual iPhone with iOS on it, and not some Chinese knock-off? I've NEVER had "my share of iOS stability issues". On the contrary, the OS itself is rock solid.

I think he's referring to what can occur if you leave a wifi network when in the middle of downloading larger App updates.

I accidentally found the solution the other day when I double tapped an App that was part downloaded when I was back on wifi, it resumed downloading and installed as normal.

• Reply 75 of 210
    scotty321 wrote: »
    That is such an embarrassing ad. They are showing off absolutely pointless features, most of which are already available via apps on iOS anyways. The ones that aren't available are ludicrous anyways... answering your phone with your hand moving in front of it? Um, no thank you... how many accidental calls would you end up picking up that way? The Android platform is so terrible that it has come down to touting these atrocities as advantages? Of course they don't mention the viruses, malware, freezes, security breaches, and crashes on the Android platform. They also don't mention that you can never upgrade your OS nor that your privacy is squelched every time you download an app. They don't mention the inferior camera nor the inferior display nor the inferior hardware nor the inferior materials nor the inferior user experience. They also don't have the superior Apple ecosystem that syncs your Mac, iPhone, and iPad together. They don't mention the lack of iMessage -- a truly indispensable tool, nor the inferior apps available for Android (not to mention the MUCH SMALLER NUMBER of apps available), nor the lack of the high-quality FaceTime video chats. I'd like to see an ad that actually talks about all of that. Or, I'd much rather have the wonderfully sentimental and beautiful new iPhone ad that came out last week.

A bit of a biased view, no?

I love tech. I've had three iPhones (the 3G, 4 and 5) and multiple Android devices (Atrix, HTC One X and the Galaxy S3). I currently have an iPad and the S3 for reference.

First of all, any app that matters, is on both ecosystems. Also, 600,000 may be a smaller number, but get real ..Android is not the other guys (Windows/Blackberry).

Otherwise, most of your rant is Apple blind. iMessage? Yeah, I miss that everyday now that I don't have an iPhone..(sarcasm) FaceTime (hello Skype, which works with practically any device with Internet connectivity.

Android issues mentioned..I'd wager you've never had one to know. Sorta of like the Android folks did about antenna gate with the iPhone 4. I never noticed that either.. So as an dually informed smartphone owner let me give you some facts. Malware comes from side loaded apps (ones you don't download from the Playstore). App closes.. The only device that routinely has problems is my iPad. Safari crashes 5-7 times per week.

Updates..the real reason I dabbled in the other side. FACT- IOS updates turn once great devices in to slow, laggy units. iOS 4 did it to the 3G, iOS 6 did it to the 4. iOS 4 made my 3G nearly unusable. These updates DO NOT improve the functionality of the phone but for one update.

Any Android device update makes the phone better or the device doesn't get the OS bump. But at least the update doesn't make the phone obsolete. Which is better suited to people like my parents that may not upgrade every two years.

Quit whining Scotty. Btw, the most useless feature I've ever had on any device...Siri
  • Reply 76 of 210
    tallest skiltallest skil Posts: 43,388member

Originally Posted by Jtschultz93 View Post

I love tech. I've had three iPhones (the 3G, 4 and 5) and multiple Android devices (Atrix, HTC One X and the Galaxy S3). I currently have an iPad and the S3 for reference.

For reference: no one gives a flying frick. Rules 4 & 5.

Which is better suited to people like my parents that may not upgrade every two years.

Yeah, when the phone never receives updates at all, it's easier for simple users in that they don't have to worry about having modern software!

…the most useless feature I've ever had on any device…Siri

Enunciate. Yaw esspec' summ'n ta unnastan' whaya say'n wenya blurya wors? 

• Reply 77 of 210
    Tallest...when you can't discuss the facts, go with frustrated sarcasm. Got ya!
  • Reply 78 of 210
    igrivigriv Posts: 1,177member

Quote:

Originally Posted by tribalogical View Post

Or, just one man's lack of actual experience, maybe? 

You made two pretty fallacious suppositions here.

First, that Apple has never sold a truly unlocked device. Um, wrong?  Try this: From the iPhone 'buy now' screen at apple.com, scroll a short way down and see: "Or get iPhone unlocked and contract-free."

Maybe I don't understand what you mean by "truly unlocked". Something more than "unlocked and contract free"? That looks pretty "truly unlocked" to me.

Although 3rd party apps do crash from time to time, the OS itself has NEVER crashed. Not once in the 6+ years I've been using iOS.

I HAVE had an iOS device (iPod Touch, iPhone or iPad) lock up on me exactly twice, and both times were attributable to poorly behaving 3rd party apps.

If your device is locking up frequently, as implied, then it's probably got something wrong with it, and I'd take it in to be checked. I can assure you what you're describing is anything but 'normal'.

Unlocked and contract free ATT iPhone or unlocked and contract free Verizon iPhone or unlocked and contact free Sprint iPhone. Try  using one of these on Vodaphone in the UK or Deutsche Telekom in Germany (and yes, I tried). 

You are lucky to not have problems with the updater (or maybe you only update over WiFi -- the lockups happen when the phone moves during an update to a different modality.

You are also lukcy about the OS not crashing. Mine has required a hard reset a couple of times (as suggested by Apple technical support, which IS quite good). And "my device" is any one of four iPhones and five iPads. I guess I can rent a truck and take them all in.

• Reply 79 of 210

Quote:

Originally Posted by hill60 View Post

I think he's referring to what can occur if you leave a wifi network when in the middle of downloading larger App updates.

I accidentally found the solution the other day when I double tapped an App that was part downloaded when I was back on wifi, it resumed downloading and installed as normal.

Your first sentence is correct, unfortunately the second one is not -- this usually does not work (for me).

• Reply 80 of 210

Quote:

Originally Posted by hill60 View Post

Double tap them.

Problem solved.

For all several a lot of them.

Nope. Sometimes it works. Other times not.