iPad shipments could see first ever year-on-year decline in Q2, analyst says

Comments

• Reply 61 of 110
    gazoobeegazoobee Posts: 3,754member

Quote:

Originally Posted by drblank View Post

I think there is a pent up demand for the new iPad 5 and iPad mini replacement. That's typically what happens.

Exactly, and because of the accelerated schedules and the implementation of the lightning connector, Apple has everyone trained to expect the new iPads this month, when if we believe rumours it's actually months away in October.  

The first iPad was out for 11 months

The second iPad was out for 12 months

The third iPad was only out for barely 7 months though, and it's now exactly seven months since the debut of the 4th iPad and the iPad mini.  The consumers are expecting a new iPad sooner rather than later and no one is going to want to buy the current one when the arrival of the new one could happen at any time.  This is one time when Apple's secrecy works against it (given that they have already broken the yearly cycle), because unless they break with tradition and announce the release date ahead of time, it *could* arrive any day, or not for months.  

Personally, I'm hoping the new iPads will be announced at WWDC and it would be a stupid move on Apple's part to wait until October if they don't have to.  The sooner they can get the next generation out the door the better.  Sticking to October because "that's what they did before" would be a huge mistake (assuming it is possible to release them sooner).  

• Reply 62 of 110
    gazoobeegazoobee Posts: 3,754member

Quote:

Originally Posted by ecs View Post

People here is happy to admit the computer market is saturated, as a justification for Apple investing more on iToys than on the Mac. However, they'll never thought the toy market is soon to become saturated. Easy money comes easy, but ends easy as well. Get used to it, such toy saturation will be a reality soon. However, people will continue to need new computers. Once the toy market becomes saturated, the computer market will show its natural higher demand than the toy market.

That's some fantasy you got going there. image

Your bias is showing by the use of "toys" instead of "tablets" so no one is going to take your comments seriously anyway.  Even if we ignore that however, you haven't supported any of your crazy assumptions with any kind of evidence or facts.  When every indicator shows that the PC market is going down, and you say that despite what everyone thinks, it's going to go back up again, then the onus is on you to provide some facts to support that.  Extraordinary claims require extraordinary proof.  

• Reply 63 of 110
    512ke512ke Posts: 782member
    People are using and enjoying using Android tablets. They are better for some things.

For instance I am sitting here in a hospital room with a sick family member. I need to email business docs from my iPad. But Apple Mail won't send. Something won't let it send. So I try to use Safari to access iCloud. You can't. You can't use safari on an iPad to access your work email on iCloud. Period.

So I have to cut as paste my email into Gmail. But my business contacts don't know my Gmail address. They've never seen it before. They may think its spam.

This bullshit never happened with Apple before. They thought more carefully about the needs of the user as opposed to their needs as a company.

Apple's "it just works" advantage decreases every day in many litle ways, pushing some of us from apple fanboys and stckholders into android users.

Can I solve my Mail problem on my iPad? Of course! But why should I have to spend my time finding workarounds? Hello, Google.
  • Reply 64 of 110
    tallest skiltallest skil Posts: 43,388member

Originally Posted by 512ke View Post

You can't use safari on an iPad to access your work email on iCloud. Period.

… Because iCloud isn't your work e-mail. image

iCloud isn't a client, it's a service.

This bullshit never happened with Apple before. They thought more careful about the needs of the user as opposed to their needs as a company.

Are you sure you know what you're talking about in the first place?

• Reply 65 of 110
    extremeskaterextremeskater Posts: 2,248member

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

Right; exactly. Chips don't come out nearly as fast anymore.

Shut up and go away, you useless idiot.

http://www.amazon.com/Anger-Management-Everyone-Control-Happier/dp/1886230838/ref=sr_sp-atf_title_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1369513607&sr=8-1&keywords=anger+management+books

• Reply 67 of 110

Quote:

Just shut up, troll.

You make me laugh. I'm so hurt you used the word troll. Those keys must be worn out on your computer.

• Reply 68 of 110
    SpamSandwichSpamSandwich Posts: 33,407member

The big question is... what's Ming-Chi Kuo's track record? It's hard to get a complete picture, but here are a few sources:

http://www.cultofmac.com/tag/ming-chi-kuo/

http://www.gizmag.com/apple-2013-iphone-5s-ipad-5-ipad-mini-retina/25824/

Of course, one could always contact Ming-Chi Kuo directly at their Taiwan office:  http://research.kgi.com.tw/KGI1/about/about_frame.htm

• Reply 69 of 110
    SpamSandwichSpamSandwich Posts: 33,407member

Quote:

Just shut up, troll.

Only you have the power to banish TekStud (iteration 39) forever!

• Reply 70 of 110

Originally Posted by extremeskater 

You make me laugh. I'm so hurt you used the word troll. Those keys must be worn out on your computer.

See that? That right there? That's trolling, kiddo.

Originally Posted by SpamSandwich View Post

We need a Smokey the Bear edit of that. Or maybe even Uncle Sam.

• Reply 71 of 110

Quote:

See that? That right there? That's trolling, kiddo.

We need a Smokey the Bear edit of that. Or maybe even Uncle Sam.

No using abusive language and simply telling people to shut up is trolling. Your anger over the topics on this forum is clearly a mental health issue. I honestly feel sorry for you. Might be time for you to take the your hands off the keyboard for a while.

• Reply 72 of 110

Quote:

Originally Posted by SpamSandwich View Post

That statement really got old a long time ago. I'm not so sure he has the power to do anything anymore.

• Reply 73 of 110
    anantksundaramanantksundaram Posts: 20,404member
    macrulez wrote: »
    jaayco wrote: »
    Maybe if we stopped comparing shipped android vs sold iPads...
    What do you imagine was the difference between shipped and sold in Q1?  URL?

What a stupid question.

If those Android people would put out channel inventory data, we could tell, no?
  • Reply 74 of 110
    anantksundaramanantksundaram Posts: 20,404member
    512ke wrote: »
    People are using and enjoying using Android tablets. They are better for some things.

For instance I am sitting here in a hospital room with a sick family member. I need to email business docs from my iPad. But Apple Mail won't send. Something won't let it send. So I try to use Safari to access iCloud. You can't. You can't use safari on an iPad to access your work email on iCloud. Period.

So I have to cut as paste my email into Gmail. But my business contacts don't know my Gmail address. They've never seen it before. They may think its spam.

This bullshit never happened with Apple before. They thought more carefully about the needs of the user as opposed to their needs as a company.

Apple's "it just works" advantage decreases every day in many litle ways, pushing some of us from apple fanboys and stckholders into android users.

Can I solve my Mail problem on my iPad? Of course! But why should I have to spend my time finding workarounds? Hello, Google.

Lol.

You people are coming out of the woodwork in droves today!
  • Reply 75 of 110
    macrulezmacrulez Posts: 2,455member

deleted

• Reply 76 of 110
    lerxtlerxt Posts: 186member
    freerange wrote: »
    Wow! That must be why Apple's revenues in Asia have dropped, and especially in China! Oops - just checked. No they haven't! No question that Samsung has made huge inroads in Asia, but mostly at the expense of others, not Apple.

Most of Asia is using Samsung at the expense of Apple products. You may not like to hear it but its true. I live in Hong Kong and I travel weekly all over Asia, from as far north as Japan to as far south as Indonesia and I work in a large local company. I can tell assure you that I see less than a quarter of the number of Apple products than I used to. Samsung big screen phones are everywhere. My teams used to be all iphone, now me and maybe one or two others in groups of 16 are iPhone. The rest are Samsung.

It's interesting and a little pathetic to read the fanboys on this sites difficulty in accepting opinions of others that don't fit in with their limited view of the world.
  • Reply 77 of 110
    His sell-in prediction is based on sell-through, which he also estimates? I don't understand the basis for this story at all.
  • Reply 78 of 110

Originally Posted by Lerxt View Post

It's interesting and a little pathetic to read the fanboys on this sites difficulty in accepting opinions of others that don't fit in with their limited view of the world.

Your anecdotal evidence is either invalid or as valid as everyone else's. And the latter says you're wrong.

• Reply 79 of 110

Quote:

Your anecdotal evidence is either invalid or as valid as everyone else's. And the latter says you're wrong.

Coming from someone whose greatest achievement in life is being an AI Moderator. Oh wait........

• Reply 80 of 110

Originally Posted by extremeskater01

Coming from someone whose greatest achievement in life is being an AI Moderator. Oh wait........

Do I need to write out why it's funny that you'd be facetiously scorning others for the manner in which they spend their time while creating multiple accounts on the same website about a company you hate that makes products you hate, being unable to take the hint as to the banning of your earlier ones…

or do you already know all that?