Apple reveals overhauled iOS 7 with vibrant, more colorful design

1181920212224»

Comments

• Reply 461 of 464
    ivinceivince Posts: 74member

Quote:

Originally Posted by PhilBoogie View Post

Because it is being taken out of context. You should read the interview in its entirety.

I have seen the whole interview before but I'll try and find it again to understand this context you speak of. It remains a pretty clear statement / philosophy to me in any number of contexts.  

I think iOS7 does lift a few great ideas though, and see nothing wrong with it.  We want the best OS we can after all.. don't we?

• Reply 462 of 464
    philboogiephilboogie Posts: 7,675member
    ivince wrote: »
    philboogie wrote: »
    Because it is being taken out of context. You should read the interview in its entirety.

I have seen the whole interview before but I'll try and find it again to understand this context you speak of. It remains a pretty clear statement / philosophy to me in any number of contexts.  

I think iOS7 does lift a few great ideas though, and see nothing wrong with it.  We want the best OS we can after all.. don't we?

As I understand his statement, he means that they have copied great ideas as a source of inspiration. He, or Apple, clearly work on creating better products, better design, easier use of tech. When he says they have been shameless about copying, I don't think he means stealing someone else work which might even have gotten IP protection, rather building on an idea, or implementing a system way better than what they see around them.

Lookup 'rounded corners' in Steve's childhood, just when he started Apple. They had a discussion on a product and what it should look like, someone wanted it to be 'squarely' square, but Steve ran outside, looked around, and neon signs and all that, and came back in, shouting out: "everything has rounded corners".

Of course, I could be way off as Steve's mind is quite a difficult one to comprehend. Or anyone else's for that matter.

Yes, in the end, I do want the best OS!
  • Reply 463 of 464
    tallest skiltallest skil Posts: 43,388member
    2385amh wrote: »
    Try again what?

With something that isn't obvious dreck...
    That isn't even a coherent thought at this point.

No, there weren't any 'thoughts' in the video.
    2385amh wrote: »
    It's not like I created the video.

Why would that matter? Why would I care? Why do you care?
    Which parts specifically do you disagree with?

The entirety, obviously. It's all wrong.
  • Reply 464 of 464

Like many other apple enthusiasts I'd been keenly anticipating the WWDC 2013  for some weeks and I logged my first impressions as I watched the keynote on iOS7

First off I found the new look and feel of iOS 7 to be alarmingly similar to competitor products which left me feeling a bit devastated. At first it looked a lot like a 'me too' product - something I thought I'd never say about apple ... the rest of the article is in my blog post

However my deep engagement with iOS over the years (and the entire Apple ecosystem) left me feeling quite optimistic 24 hours later.