Photos, video show highly suspect 'iPhone Lite' display and shell with no exterior buttons

Comments

• Reply 41 of 113
    tallest skiltallest skil Posts: 43,388member
    zozman wrote: »
    Yeah, those people are morons for being poor...they should prioritize phones over food & rent...:\

Nope. These people are morons for demanding a flagship smartphone, with the content and benefits of a flagship smartphone, for the price of an entry smartphone.
    soloman wrote: »
    And a device with a non removable battery is never really off either.

Of course it is. Just turn it off.
    dan brook wrote: »
    Why bother to publish this if: "It should be noted that AppleInsider cannot confirm the veracity of Techdy's report and offers the following information for purposes of discussion only."?

What is worth discussing?

Because this is a rumor website. I can see how that's easy to forget at times.
  • Reply 42 of 113
    The iPod touch did not go with plastic.
    IMO The new iPhones (as well as the new full size iPad) should look exactly like the iPad mini but in a few different sizes and price configurations.
    Also Economically challenged people may be willing to pay more for a phone if it were bigger so it can be used as a phone, tablet & computer.
  • Reply 43 of 113
    crowleycrowley Posts: 10,453member

Squeeze to unlock

• Reply 44 of 113
    adonissmuadonissmu Posts: 1,776member
    eriamjh wrote: »
    While it would be really cool if apple invented some kind of ultrasonic finger-sensing technology, These are still likely unfinished backshells. The holes mean nothing to us. The shape is likely a version of the next iPhone. Cheaper to make thanmachined aluminum, Apple may have found a way to make plastic cool again.
    not samsung and their 20million phones SOLD!
  • Reply 45 of 113
    gazoobeegazoobee Posts: 3,754member

Quote:

Originally Posted by williamlondon View Post

When has Apple ever created a new product for a market that isn't the US? They have limited resources and yet some contend this new product is aimed primarily at other markets, why? Profit grubbers do that, they make products so they can go earn more profits, while Apple builds (a limited number of) products that people love. I don't believe for a moment that they will build a new product to go grab some profit in Indonesia, that's simply not Apple at all.

This is just an absolutely nonsense thing to say.  Pretty much *all* of Apples products for years have been made for more than "just the USA."  Apple is a global company and sells their entire product line around the world.  More than half of their sales come from outside the USA and have for a long time.  

• Reply 46 of 113
    gazoobeegazoobee Posts: 3,754member

Quote:

Originally Posted by stelligent View Post

Before wooing this Indonesian truck driver, Apple might have more to gain by focusing on selling more iPhones to Germans, Italians and Portuguese, whether they are driving planes, trains or automobiles. 

Man, this is such a dumbass quasi-racist thing to say.  I'm not going to bother to get into it too much, but jeez think what you say before you say it next time.  

There are no poor folks in Germany or the USA?  Never been to Indonesia have you?  Everyone in the developing world isn't poor and everyone in Europe isn't rich.  I just postulated the Indonesian truck driver to get people to visualise more than just what's in their backyard, and to think about markets that so far are almost completely untapped.  The truck driver in Indonesia is no different economically than some guy from Alabama.  In fact he/she's probably better off because he knows the value of hard work whereas in the USA …  

The issue is off-contract cheap phones versus on-contract luxury phones.  The reason a lot of places like Indonesia aren't tapped yet is more because of what the telecoms are (or aren't) doing.  

• Reply 47 of 113
    solomansoloman Posts: 228member
    eriamjh wrote: »
    Cheaper to make thanmachined aluminum, Apple may have found a way to make plastic cool again.

Would it cease to be 'cheap plastic' because Apple is using it?
  • Reply 48 of 113

Going under the assumption this is the budget iPhone:

Buttons can be seen on the shell of the Basic Bear

Side:

Top:

On a side note. For $199 the Basic Bear offers a lot of value. Not to mention the fact it outperforms the iPhone 5.

• Snapdragon 600 @1.7GHz  (complete OpenGL ES 3.0 support)

• 2GB RAM

• 4inch 1136x640 IPS display 

• Android 4.2 Jelly Bean (stock)

• HSPA+ 42

• 16GB internal storage

• etc.

• Reply 49 of 113

I wonder what their margin is.

• Reply 50 of 113
    [quote name="InsiderUser99" url="/t/158384/photos-video-show-highly-suspect-iphone-lite-display-and-shell-with-no-exterior-buttons/40#post_2358466"]For $199 the Basic Bear offers a lot of value.[/QUOTE]

Citation needed.

[QUOTE]Not to mention the fact it outperforms the iPhone 5.[/QUOTE]

Citation needed.
  • Reply 51 of 113
    vl-tonevl-tone Posts: 337member

Quote:

Originally Posted by InsiderUser99 View Post

Going under the assumption this is the budget iPhone:

Buttons can be seen on the shell of the Basic Bear

***SPAM REMOVED***

Bad Photoshop job in adding those buttons. You are obviously a shill sent by the company to do some damage-control about the missing buttons.

• Reply 52 of 113

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

Citation needed.

Citation needed.

Basic Bear: http://techdy.com/shop/basic-bear/

--

Snapdragon 600 OpenGL ES 3.0 certification: http://www.qualcomm.com/media/blog/2013/02/15/another-first-qualcomm-technologies-opengl-es-30-certification

GFXBench (GLBenchmark): http://gfxbench.com/result.jsp

GFXBench 2.7 T-Rex HD C24Z16 - Offscreen (1080p)

Snapdragon 600 scores between 900~971 frames (depending on clock speed, RAM type, and OS version).

iPhone 5 scores 373 frames.

--

You would assume it would be common knowledge that Snapdragon 600 can outperform Apple's A6.

• Reply 53 of 113

Quote:

Originally Posted by VL-Tone View Post

Bad Photoshop job in adding those buttons. You are obviously a shill sent by the company to do some damage-control about the missing buttons.

The images can be found on Techdy's webpage: http://techdy.com/shop/basic-bear/?added-to-cart=528

• Reply 54 of 113

Quote:

The images can be found on Techdy's webpage: http://techdy.com/shop/basic-bear/?added-to-cart=528

That doesn't change the fact that the buttons were obviously added using Photoshop, and that you are more than likely working for this company and spamming this thread.

• Reply 55 of 113

Quote:

Originally Posted by VL-Tone View Post

That doesn't change the fact that the buttons are obviously added with Photoshop, and that you are more than likely working for this company and spamming this thread.

I don't work for their company. I was pointing out the look of the buttons going under the assumption that original device is the budget iPhone.

I don't understand what I've done to offend you, but I do know I'm entitled to posting on this board (as any user is).

• Reply 56 of 113

What a weird accusation.  This entire thread is about images posted by that company on their website.  Cross-posting them here makes you a shill?

• Reply 57 of 113
    Basic Bear: <a href="http://techdy.com/shop/basic-bear/" style="line-height:1.231;" target="_blank">http://techdy.com/shop/basic-bear/</a>;

Oh, no worries, then. They'll be sued into bankruptcy and the people responsible jailed.
    You would assume it would be common knowledge that Snapdragon 600 can outperform Apple's A6.

If that were the case, sure.
  • Reply 58 of 113

Quote:

I don't work for their company. I was pointing out the look of the buttons going under the assumption that original device is the budget iPhone.

I don't understand what I've done to offend you, but I do know I'm entitled to posting on this board (as any user is).

Ok, so you don't work for their company. I still find highly suspicious that you registered just to post "fixed" pictures of the this Android iPhone knock-off from a shady company, along with all of its detailed specs, price and links to buy the product.

• Reply 59 of 113

The AI article posted a link to the blog of the "shady company", which had further links to their store.

• Reply 60 of 113
    carthusiacarthusia Posts: 583member

My prediction: 

No plastic iPhone Lite/Budget/Cheapo. I think Apple is pretty done with polycarbonate for anything other than some accessories.

iPod touch pricing and features (color options and cameras) remain the same. I think Apple settled on these configs in advance of the iPhone "Lite" rollout:

• iPod Touch 16 GB $229 (no iSight camera; limited to 16GB storage; "previous-gen" A series chip)

• iPod Touch 32 GB $299 (FaceTime and iSight cameras, and 32 and 64 GB flavors; "previous-gen" A series chip)

• iPod Touch 64 GB $399 (FaceTime and iSight cameras, and 32 and 64 GB flavors; "previous-gen" A series chip)

iPhone "Lite" leverages ipod Touch components and chassis, rather that the previous-gen iPhone components and chassis

• iPhone Lite 16 GB $399 (iPod touch colors; iPod Touch chassis; iPod Touch's iSight and FaceTime cameras; "previous-gen" A series chip; not available with subsidy, only direct from Apple)

iPhone latest-gen iPhone (5S/6/Whatever) gets a $50 price drop across the board; no color options (only black and white styles) and uses the most advanced hardware:

• iPhone 5S 32 GB $599 (the very latest of all components; subsidized or unlocked)

• iPhone 5S 64 GB $699 (the very latest of all components; subsidized or unlocked)

• iPhone 5S 128 GB $799 (the very latest of all components; subsidized or unlocked)

In this scenario, Apple's economy of scale advantages are maintained by carrying over components from the current generation iPod Touch line rather than the prior iPhone (4/4S/5) line. This also will allow Apple to sell more of their iPhones themselves (from the online or retail stores) and not via carriers and third-party retailers. Lastly, data for the iPhone Lite will be sold exactly the way it is sold for iPads. The exception, of course, is that voice data will continue to be disallowed on iPad.