Samsung follows Apple's lead, announces new gold edition of Galaxy S4

Comments

• Reply 181 of 251
    Quote:

Originally Posted by MiddleGround View Post

Um.. there must be a lot of abnormal people on this board then since most seem to insult another product , company or people on here. BTW, the sheep name wasn't made up by me and I apologize for saying that. I just hear it all the time out there and didn't 100% believe it but I'm starting to. I have no gripes except for the folks that seem to want to pick a fight and can't remain open minded. Gees folks. It's a darn phone. And there are lots of choices out there and choosing one over another doesn't make you smart or dumb.

As for doing it here, I just saw some ridiculous comments attacking others and thought I would step in and provide some alternative ideas. I didn't realize that others on here would beat their opinion into me. lol  In the end it's both a bit sad and comical though since who's phone is better than the other isn't what's really important in life.

Right now, I'm talking about you.  You're the one calling people sheep, rabid and mesmerized. I'm not sure that it matters that you didn't make up the names or heard them elsewhere. I'm also not sure why you believe that insulting people is a good way to demonstrate open mindedness or present alternate ideas.

You call insult people(which seems like picking a fight to me) and then act shocked that people "attack" you.  You saw some people "attacking" others and figured that attacking them by calling them mesmerized, closed-minded, uneducated, rabid sheep is a good way to interject some civility?

Sure.

• Reply 182 of 251
    Quote:

I guess you are right. You can imagine what it would be like. I know I did and didn't think much of them until I used the phone and saw them and then I realized how helpful they were. And I'm okay with others who have tried and don't like tiles or widgets. Are you okay if I do like them? lol

What's with the "lol"? Did I suggest that I wasn't okay with it? Or did I suggest that you grant the people who don't like a given feature the same respect that you ask for?  

• Reply 183 of 251
    Quote:

Wow dude or dudette. LOL. It will be okay. In business you want to have rabid fans. It's a good thing. They drive the brand and it's those that stand in line for the latest iPhone. Samsung would kill for that. Rabid isn't always bad.

Okay. I can see that I'm wasting my time with you. You aren't interested in discussion. You can try to twisted it around as you like, but I think we both know that your motivations don't really included just trying to spread other ideas.

But if you honestly think that calling using "LOL" multiple times and calling people "rabid" is fine, try doing it to people's face instead of anonymously over the Internet.  

Some people...nutty...

• Reply 184 of 251
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Eternal Emperor View Post

Right now, I'm talking about you.  You're the one calling people sheep, rabid and mesmerized. I'm not sure that it matters that you didn't make up the names or heard them elsewhere. I'm also not sure why you believe that insulting people is a good way to demonstrate open mindedness or present alternate ideas.

You call insult people(which seems like picking a fight to me) and then act shocked that people "attack" you.  You saw some people "attacking" others and figured that attacking them by calling them mesmerized, closed-minded, uneducated, rabid sheep is a good way to interject some civility?

Sure.

I have not personally attacked or insulted an individual unlike others have. Please don't put words in my mouth. I called people rabid fans of a brand. That's a good thing. If you owned a business you would strive for this but most brands don't pull this off. Apple did. Mesmerized was about a product. Again it's something you strive for. You make it sound like these are bad things. They are great things if you are Apple. Their die hard fans (oh crap, is the mention of die hard like rabid going to get me in trouble too) can't wait for their latest product to come out and buy almost anything they put out. If you are Apple, these are all positive things and it doesn't make their customers bad... or should I say baaahhhddd as some people out there call them sheep. Yeah I said the sheep word too. But wouldn't we all love customers who follow our ever move in a herd buying our products? Sheep = die hard customers = $$$$.

Sorry if I offended anyone out there folks. It wasn't on purpose. Peace!

• Reply 185 of 251
    That's right .. 64-bit chips manufactured by Samsung.

And some Chinese workers helped manufacture pretty much every electronic device in the would but you think they should get the design credit because they are on the manufacturing team?
  • Reply 186 of 251
    Quote:

Okay. I can see that I'm wasting my time with you. You aren't interested in discussion. You can try to twisted it around as you like, but I think we both know that your motivations don't really included just trying to spread other ideas.

But if you honestly think that calling using "LOL" multiple times and calling people "rabid" is fine, try doing it to people's face instead of anonymously over the Internet.  

Some people...nutty...

I'd be happy too meet if you like. I live in Phoenix. Let's go out for a beer. And please, get off the rabid comment. You are twisting my words. I said rabid fans. The definition when used in this context from the dictionary is "

Extremely zealous or enthusiastic". Is this a bad thing? And yes I have laughed out loud a few times since this thread and the comments some folks make are comical... including my own sometimes to you guess.  ;-)

• Reply 187 of 251
    Quote:

What's with the "lol"? Did I suggest that I wasn't okay with it? Or did I suggest that you grant the people who don't like a given feature the same respect that you ask for?  

I just find this funny that you folks take this so seriously and pick everything apart. I'm done since you seem to want to attack, attack, attack. Best of luck to you in your pursuit of happiness. See you at the Apple store!

• Reply 188 of 251
    mstonemstone Posts: 11,510member
    Quote:

I'd be happy too meet if you like. I live in Phoenix. Let's go out for a beer. 

I see you have doubled your post count since I checked in. Are you trying to set a new record for first day, first thread post count?

See, it's like you walk into bar in Golden, Colorado for the very first time. (no this is not going to be a joke) In the bar everyone has known one another for years and they all drink Coors, naturally, after all it is Golden. So you jump up on the stage and while tapping a spoon to your glass you proclaim that although Coors is a decent beer it really needs to take some cues from Budweiser. Everyone boos then goes back to talking to one another. Then you get up on stage again with the same BS. "Hey have any you guys tried Bud Light?" More boos! Over and over... Then you wonder why the crowd doesn't slap you on the back and ask if they can buy you a beer. What kind of reaction did you expect?  

• Reply 189 of 251
    Quote:

Originally Posted by hill60 View Post

When will Samsung update their yellow flower gallery icon, don't they know representing a group of photographs with a yellow daisy is so passé?

I agree. It's pretty ugly. All my photos get synced in the cloud so I don't even have the icon on my screen.

The one Apple icon I always thought was strange was Safari especially in IOS7. My wife updated and comes to me and says my browser is gone thinking that the Safari icon was her compass. Comical. Perhaps they should change that up a bit. And no, my wife isn't blonde.  ;-)

• Reply 190 of 251
    Quote:

Originally Posted by mstone View Post

I see you have doubled your post count since I checked in. Are you trying to set a new record for first day, first thread post count?

See, it's like you walk into bar in Golden, Colorado for the very first time. (no this is not going to be a joke) In the bar everyone has known one another for years and they all drink Coors, naturally, after all it is Golden. So you jump up on the stage and while tapping a spoon to your glass you proclaim that although Coors is a decent beer it really needs to take some cues from Budweiser. Everyone boos then goes back to talking to one another. Then you get up on stage again with the same BS. "Hey have any you guys tried Bud Light?" More boos! Over and over... Then you wonder why the crowd doesn't slap you on the back and ask if they can buy you a beer. What kind of reaction did you expect?  

Great point. I guess I thought that others liked technology like I do. I guess I didn't expect this online forum to be so biased. I see that anyone that talks positively about another product or wishes for feature changes in the Apple product are quickly beaten into submission. If this was a bar with the people on this board I would have been beaten thoroughly over the head with iPads, iPhones and other idevises until I left I guess.

BTW, I'm a beer lover and tend to try different brands where ever I travel.... and there is nothing better than Coors at the brewery. Never cared for it until I had it on the brewery tour years back but wow! I'm glad I gave it a try and glad I remained open minded about it even though I expected it to taste like crap. 

• Reply 191 of 251
    This is why Apple devotees despise Samesung and will never switch to their products. Samesung is a parasitic but feeding off the back of Apple.
  • Reply 192 of 251
    Quote:

Great point. I guess I thought that others liked technology like I do. I guess I didn't expect this online forum to be so biased. I see that anyone that talks positively about another product or wishes for feature changes in the Apple product are quickly beaten into submission. If this was a bar with the people on this board I would have been beaten thoroughly over the head with iPads, iPhones and other idevises until I left I guess.

Nobody cares which beer you like, they get along fine until you start telling them the beer they like is crap, then you'll piss them off. We mostly have iPhones and Macs around here but we all work in environments where there are many Android and Windows users. Everyone knows better than to start dissin' another guys devices. It is just common sense. It is different if you have a close friend who owns the other brand, because you can give each other shit and it is all in good fun, but you know better than to pull that crap with someone you just met.

We have plenty of Android users here but they didn't mention it first post. They got to know the forum people and one day said "Hey had an Android for awhile and it works ok." No one jumps on them because they didn't start telling us how iPhones are crap on day one.

• Reply 193 of 251
    Quote:

Nobody cares which beer you like, they get along fine until you start telling them the beer they like is crap, then you'll piss them off. We mostly have iPhones and Macs around here but we all work in environments where there are many Android and Windows users. Everyone knows better than to start dissin' another guys devices. It is just common sense. It is different if you have a close friend who owns the other brand, because you can give each other shit and it is all in good fun, but you know better than to pull that crap with someone you just met.

Agreed. Never said Apples were crap. I own them. That doesn't mean I can't want for more or try other devices. I just think that there are good things about all the products in one way or another and I never realized that some people feel threatened by that. Not saying you personally but it has been beaten into me that I can't say anything good about Android or Samsung or anything negative about Apple.

in the end though I love that this all drives innovation from all manufacturers even if there is some copying. Thankfully I'm not married to one device or a platform and can date around.  ;-)  Cheers!

• Reply 194 of 251
    Quote:

I wish they would copy some of the things that Samsung does or as you seem to think they just need to copy themselves. Would love for Apple to copy Apple on:

1. Larger screen options

2. Removable battery

3. Non-proprietary cables ($3 versus $30)

4. Live tile / widget updates (Android feature that is awesome - Google Now rocks on Android phones and it alone is worth the switch)

5. Automatic updates of apps. (Oh... scratch that. Apple followed Androids lead here )

Speaking of copying, I just updated my iPad and wow, does it now look like the latest version of Android or what? Actually a huge improvement since IOS was looking dated compared to other devices and platforms out there. Unfortunately it didn't go far enough in my opinion.

Look folks, both sides take elements from each other and as customers we enjoy the benefit of this. Imagine if nobody was pushing Apple or any of the many Android manufacturers (or Google) what we would have. Innovation and taking what the other has done and making it better is what Apple (and others) are all about and I'm all for it. Apple didn't invent any of this stuff. They just took what others had done and made it better.

Having said all of this, I'm an Apple shareholder because I love the products they create and they have a loyal following. Could they be even better? Yes. What drives me nuts though and why a lot of people won't buy Apple products is because of the sheep and Apple lovers that think that Apple can do no wrong and they blab to whoever will listen and every other product is the enemy. It's not a very likable trait and it's not the majority but it's a very loud minority that I'm sure won't change.

Do you remember your first post. It is not exactly what you might call a friendly introduction. It is 100% classic troll. 

• Reply 195 of 251
    Quote:

Do you remember your first post. It is not exactly what you might call a friendly introduction. It is 100% classic troll. 

I do remember my first post and that wasn't it.

I could have been more subtle but folks on here were acting like Apple never copied anyone and there were people who pretty much had closed minds about anything that wasn't Apple. I truly had no clue. I've read this blog for years but never the comments and now I wish I wouldn't have or got sucked into it.

Here was my first post since everyone seems to be providing information about me that isn't correct. The only thing I wish I would have said different and meant to say is there are sheep in any brand. When I read it again it seems like I'm only talking about the Apple sheep. Oops. Sorry folks.

The post you copied was in reply to someone who said something about if Apple wanted to copy what Samsung was doing they would just have to copy themselves. That was my reply to that and there is more to it than that. Again, I see the benefits in all products and while I  have a love for Apple products, there are some Samsung, Microsoft, Google and other products I love too.

-----

""The comments on here are funny and who cares about colors? Apple copies Android and Samsung just like the others copy Apple. Apple has stolen or borrowed almost everything they have done and in turn created great products. It's how business works. I own both Apple and Android / Samsung products unlike many who are sheep to one brand on here. The innovation and advances that both brands show only makes for better products for all of us. And yes, Android, Samsung and others innovate and push Apple to try harder. I just wish Apple had some more innovation left than to just add a different color to their phones or an old technology like fingerprint security.""

• Reply 196 of 251
    jungmarkjungmark Posts: 6,926member
    Yeah I said the sheep word too. But wouldn't we all love customers who follow our ever move in a herd buying our products? Sheep = die hard customers = $$$$.

Sorry if I offended anyone out there folks. It wasn't on purpose. Peace!

Sheep = mindless drones. Most of us buy Apple products because we believe the products are the best for our needs and not because it has a shiny Apple logo on it. The Apple logo does help but only because we rarely have bad experiences or the other side is worse.
  • Reply 196 of 251
    Quote:

The comments on here are funny and who cares about colors? Apple copies Android and Samsung just like the others copy Apple. Apple has stolen or borrowed almost everything they have done and in turn created great products. It's how business works. I own both Apple and Android / Samsung products unlike many who are sheep to one brand on here. The innovation and advances that both brands show only makes for better products for all of us. And yes, Android, Samsung and others innovate and push Apple to try harder. I just wish Apple had some more innovation left than to just add a different color to their phones or an old technology like fingerprint security.

Not sure why the Apple folks get so fired up about something meaningless like color

Sorry is this it? Still !00% troll.

• Reply 198 of 251
    jungmarkjungmark Posts: 6,926member
    I do remember my first post and that wasn't it.

I could have been more subtle but folks on here were acting like Apple never copied anyone and there were people who pretty much had closed minds about anything that wasn't Apple. I truly had no clue. I've read this blog for years but never the comments and now I wish I wouldn't have or got sucked into it.

Here was my first post since everyone seems to be providing information about me that isn't correct. The only thing I wish I would have said different and meant to say is there are sheep in any brand. When I read it again it seems like I'm only talking about the Apple sheep. Oops. Sorry folks.

The post you copied was in reply to someone who said something about if Apple wanted to copy what Samsung was doing they would just have to copy themselves. That was my reply to that and there is more to it than that. Again, I see the benefits in all products and while I  have a love for Apple products, there are some Samsung, Microsoft, Google and other products I love too.

""The comments on here are funny and who cares about colors? Apple copies Android and Samsung just like the others copy Apple. Apple has stolen or borrowed almost everything they have done and in turn created great products. It's how business works. I own both Apple and Android / Samsung products unlike many who are sheep to one brand on here. The innovation and advances that both brands show only makes for better products for all of us. And yes, Android, Samsung and others innovate and push Apple to try harder. I just wish Apple had some more innovation left than to just add a different color to their phones or an old technology like fingerprint security.""

Apple gets inspired and improves upon. Sammy flat out copies.

Define innovate for us. Larger screen and stylus aren't innovations.
  • Reply 199 of 251
    Quote:

Thanks for correcting your mistake. I posted this too.

I wasn't trolling for anything. Just venting about people freaking out about another phone company putting out a phone of the same color of an iPhone like that really matters. I could have been more tactful and should have waited to post what I did and softened it some. Again, sorry if I offended anyone. It was a learning experience since I'm new to sites that are so brand loyal like this!  ;-)

Hopefully at least some of the points or ideas I provided were valuable to some. Good day!

• Reply 200 of 251
    Quote:

HAHA!  MG shoulda stuck with his 2nd post.