Samsung follows Apple's lead, announces new gold edition of Galaxy S4

Comments

• Reply 221 of 251
    Originally Posted by hill60 View Post

Buried in there somewhere are rules regarding disclosure of interest when posting on the Internet and social media sites.

How’re they supposed to be enforced?!

• Reply 222 of 251
    How’re they supposed to be enforced?!

And what are the repercussions?
  • Reply 223 of 251
    Gold-for the rich, and now being copied from its rich metal (apple, I know aluminum is not rich) to cheap plastic, what a miracle, go Samsung.
  • Reply 224 of 251
    Gold-for the rich, and now being copied from its rich metal (apple, I know aluminum is not rich) to cheap plastic, what a miracle, go Samsung.
    Oops forgot the /s, I know at least one person would have not been happy elsewhys
  • Reply 225 of 251
    Quote:

Originally Posted by MiddleGround View Post

I just find this funny that you folks take this so seriously and pick everything apart. I'm done since you seem to want to attack, attack, attack. Best of luck to you in your pursuit of happiness. See you at the Apple store!

This guy is some piece of work. He makes strawman arguments, accuses one of attacking despite, on day one calling people rapid, mesmerized sheep. But then say that this is a complement, for what business wouldn't the rabid sheep for customers.

Oy.  Where do these people come from? And why are they so insecure with their decisions?

• Reply 226 of 251
    sennensennen Posts: 1,472member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by MiddleGround View Post

I own about $350,000 in Apple stock 

No one cares about the value of the qualifier to your opinions. Truly.

• Reply 227 of 251
    In that sense... Apple copied Motorola... the question should be who copied first... ;)

http://www.problogbooster.com/2013/09/download-bbm-for-android-and-iphone.html
  • Reply 228 of 251
    jragostajragosta Posts: 10,473member
    You’re either illiterate or a troll. Which do you want to be?

What do you know. Even TS occasionally says something funny.

hill60 wrote: »
    It's some big long boring report from the FTC.

http://ftc.gov/os/2013/03/130312dotcomdisclosures.pdf

Buried in there somewhere are rules regarding disclosure of interest when posting on the Internet and social media sites.

I didn't read the entire report, but the part I did read was referring to Internet advertising. I didn't see anything that applies to random posts to the Internet. Did I miss something?
    Definition of innovation is "to do something in a new way". Not sure why everyone wants me to defend Samsung on here on these things.

Innovations on devices can be clearly seen by using them. Before Apple, Palm and Blackberry innovated. I'm probably showing my age but I had the original Palm and versions after it as well as various Windows CE devices. Each was innovative in its own way.

So let me get this straight. The day after Apple releases sales figures showing that its 64 bit phone which comes in gold for the first time (for Apple - there have been other gold phones) was a roaring success, Samsung says "we're going to have a 64 bit phone too, and we can make one of our existing phones in gold" and you consider that to be innovation? I guess the Tab was also innovative because it was the first tablet so close to the iPad that even Samsung's attorneys couldn't tell the difference. /s

Face it - Samsung has a long history of copying - especially copying Apple. They copy EVERYTHING about Apple, right down to their advertising, press releases and mobile phone retailing.

Have they innovated? Sure. The idea of waving your hand over the phone to answer it is probably innovative. There are two problems:
    1. Samsung's innovations are mostly just silly and add nothing to the user experience (see hand waving example above).
    2. Samsung more phones than Apple does, yet it's Apple who is constantly leading the way with innovative products THAT THE ENTIRE INDUSTRY WANTS TO COPY. Samsung's easily large enough that they should be able to come up with great products, but they don't. There's really nothing in any Samsung product that made the industry stand up and say 'wow'.

Calling Samsung an innovative company is absurd. I have to agree with TS - you're either a troll or you're illiterate. Which is it?
  • Reply 229 of 251
    jragostajragosta Posts: 10,473member
    vinayaketx wrote: »
    In that sense... Apple copied Motorola... the question should be who copied first... ;)

http://www.problogbooster.com/2013/09/download-bbm-for-android-and-iphone.html

What the heck does that article have to do with Apple copying Motorola? It says that you can now bet a Blackberry app for both iOS and Android. There's nothing on the page about Motorola at all and certainly nothing suggesting that Apple copied Motorola.

Do you trolls think that simply providing a link proves your point - even when the link is not even remotely related to your claims? Is it that you're not bright enough to understand that evidence should support the claims or is it that you don't think anyone cares enough about your lies to ever bother checking the link?
  • Reply 230 of 251
    gatorguygatorguy Posts: 24,213member
    jragosta wrote: »
    I didn't read the entire report, but the part I did read was referring to Internet advertising. I didn't see anything that applies to random posts to the Internet. Did I miss something?

The document Hill60 linked says the disclosure rules apply to any company promotional and marketing efforts and activities, not just ads. Here's another article that talks about it:
    http://www.trackur.com/fake-online-reviews

If you think a reviewer or blogger is a paid spokesman promoting some company's products in return for "valuable considerations" without disclosing it then you can file a complaint with the FTC. With enough people bringing it to their attention the deceptive practices can be followed up on.
  • Reply 231 of 251

color is just the flavor of the day, who cares except the buyer.  If there is a trend where gold is the new black, then it's natural to offer the choice.  It's fun to see the switch so quickly but then everyone is sensitive to it right now because Apple hasn't had a third offering before in the phone.  I still would like to see a black and gold version!

• Reply 232 of 251
    Not sure what you are talking about or which company has that strategy. I think every company that is in this space develops products with end users in mind and a target market. Some offer more choices than others. Not sure offering choices is a bad strategy but there is also nothing wrong with the strategy of offering 1 solution either.

Totally agree. I like that Apple added another choice. My understanding is that will be the trend going forward much like it was with iPods. Yay for us!
  • Reply 233 of 251

samsung products mock apple but would die just to be like apple.

• Reply 234 of 251
    I saw someone post that live tiles add no value but they do. Imagine looking at the main screen of your phone and your flight information for the day (including delays is automatically updated), scores from your favorite teams is updated, information about traffic on your drive home, reminders about an appointment and a tile letting you know your package has been shipped or is sitting on your porch at home just to name a few advantages. I had no clue how useful these would be where I don't have to look at my email or an app to get this information until I tried an Android device. Just because I happen to like this beneficial option doesn't mean I don't love my iPhone too. I just wish it had this one feature. Trust me, there are tons of features I love on my iPhone that I wish the Android did better.

I know I probably shouldn't be on this board if I don't just blindly gush over everything Apple. Sorry to upset the apple cart. Can't we all just get along?

You actually have a point on those widgets I think they are called. I have a friend who has an Android device (not sure which one) and it is pretty cool to have information just update on your screen like that especially when traveling. Her phone is too big for my hand though so I would never buy what she has. I know I was kind of blown away when I saw this stuff work as we traveled from place to place though. Sort of jealous just a bit but not enough to give up my iPhone and hopefully Apple will come out with something similar.
  • Reply 235 of 251

By the way, what's with the persecution complex? Where does it say that you must blindly gush? On the charter? Stop being dramatic.

Did your momma not teach you manners? If you don't have something nice to say, don't say anything at all. Well, I guess I just broke that rule a little too. Oopsy! 8-) I haven't read all this persons posts but on this one he was just providing some information and a differing opinion. No reason to be so rude. It's what gives us Apple fanatics bad names when we can't see that there are other great things besides Apple. Let's all be a little nicer.
  • Reply 236 of 251
    plastic gold... hmm, plastic made out of oil is almost like gold.

NOT!!!
  • Reply 237 of 251

I'm not sure whether Samsung fans should be ashamed of their brand (as someone wrote this a few pages above) or whether Apple should be ashamed of some fans. It is unbelievable what I read here!

It was already in August when Samsung presented its "Samsung Galaxy Golden", weeks before Apple. But I would never say Apple copied from Samsung. You can find Golden mobile devices since years.

• Reply 238 of 251
    droidftwdroidftw Posts: 1,009member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by imgmkr View Post

plastic gold... hmm, plastic made out of oil is almost like gold.

NOT!!!

Black gold gold!

• Reply 239 of 251
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by peschiera View Post

I'm not sure whether Samsung fans should be ashamed of their brand (as someone wrote this a few pages above) or whether Apple should be ashamed of some fans. It is unbelievable what I read here!

It was already in August when Samsung presented its "Samsung Galaxy Golden", weeks before Apple. But I would never say Apple copied from Samsung. You can find Golden mobile devices since years.

Good to see a level head around here, what carnage, I was surprised.

I worked in the middle east years ago, when our stereos were all black in the US.  In their shops everything was shiny gold cause that's what the customers wanted, that and big a$$ American cars with Chrome straps with buckles over the trunks.  Beauty is truly in the eye on the beholder.

• Reply 240 of 251
    A touch of butt fugly.