Apple's iPhone 5c orders lower than expected, insider says

14567810»

Comments

• Reply 181 of 185
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Sky King View Post

Although Steve Jobs had indicated that he would not have had colored iPhones, the real question is:  Does the existence of colored iPhones actually increase Apples profits and/or total market share?

Unlike iOS7, which is not a step forward, the question on the 5C is simple...it is either a good business decision or not a good one.  Before criticizing the move too quickly we will have to see what the international markets think of the 5c.  Who knows...there may be a demand.

I think we'd have to wait an entire year to see how it stacks up against 4s sales.

If Apple continues to advertise it at the pace we've seen lately then I'd expect sales to be almost double.

... but, then again, Apple doesn't break down sales by model.

• Reply 182 of 185
    jungmarkjungmark Posts: 6,926member
    sky king wrote: »
    Although Steve Jobs had indicated that he would not have had colored iPhones, the real question is:  Does the existence of colored iPhones actually increase Apples profits and/or total market share?

Unlike iOS7, which is not a step forward, the question on the 5C is simple...

According to who? It's almost as big a step as OS X 10.0 was to OS 9.
  • Reply 183 of 185
    Originally Posted by Sky King View Post

Unlike iOS7, which is not a step forward…

And… argument ignored.

• Reply 184 of 185

Agreed.  iOS7 is a significant step.  Simply a step in the wrong direction.  But since you think very differently than I, and probably use your devices very differently, I can understand your enthusiasm for the changes.