GM, Audi, Hyundai, Honda, nVidia officially join Google's Android automotive push

Comments

• Reply 41 of 128
    gatorguygatorguy Posts: 24,556member
    sog35 wrote: »
    GM - wanna be Toyota
    Audi - wanna be BMW
    Hyundai - wanna be Merc
    Honda - wanna be Toyota

All 2nd tier brands.  Just like Anroid.

Waiting for the nVidiaNvidia car....

Nvidia's donation may be the K1 processor according to Ars.
  • Reply 42 of 128
    dasanman69dasanman69 Posts: 13,002member
    Well, have a platform worth developing for and maybe they’ll develop for it. :lol:

Yea like you'd ever admit that there's another platform worth developing for that isn't Apple's.
  • Reply 43 of 128

It's clear that General Motors, Hyundai, and Honda haven't paid enough attention to Ford's blunder in aligning itself with the train wreck of Microsoft and their Ford Sync "technology".  

With Android's massive fragmentation what could go wrong?

• Reply 44 of 128

Could this be Google attempting to refine it's maps accuracy?

• Reply 45 of 128
    mac95mac95 Posts: 26member
    IMO a couple of posters are commenting by reflex. Android. Bad. Bad Google. Evil.[/quote]

... exactly what it is. Google is evil.
  • Reply 46 of 128
    Originally Posted by dasanman69 View Post

Yea like you'd ever admit that there's another platform worth developing for that isn't Apple's.

Are you even trying anymore?

• Reply 47 of 128
    Looks like I may have bought my last Audi.
  • Reply 48 of 128
    sog35 wrote: »
    Get ready for this data that Google collects from your car to be used against you in criminal cases, car accidents, insurance fraud, speeding tickets, ect.

If they can track your car they can monitor how fast you drive.  You could easily lose out on a car accident case with info gathered by Google and handed over to State Farm for a fee.  Google could also use the info to raise your premium rates and tag you a dangerous driver.  They could track where you visit and build a criminal case against you.  Am I paranoid? Yes.  But this type of BS happens all the time.  Google has stolen peoples wifi login in the past for 'research purposes'.  You can't trust these A-holes

Any car with built in GPS gathers and saves that very same info which your insurance company can easily retrieve. My friend does freelance repos and once he has the order active he gets the GPS location of the car and when he's ready to go pick it up the banking company issues a kill order to the car and the driver is unable to start the car.
  • Reply 49 of 128
    Are you even trying anymore?

A lot more than you. At least I don't kid myself and the others on here.
  • Reply 50 of 128
    Originally Posted by dasanman69 View Post

Well, when you find any evidence of what you’re lying about, feel free to post it.

• Reply 51 of 128
    gatorguy wrote: »
    The OAA may well be Android-focused. I doubt that would preclude using iOS devices too but you and a couple of others are absolutely correct that the FAQ's don't comment on other OS's at all. That's not exactly the way it was being talked up by a few folks prior to the official announcement.

Apple isn't part of the OHA so it leads me to believe that they wouldn't be part of the OAA.
  • Reply 52 of 128
    Well, when you find any evidence of what you’re lying about, feel free to post it.

Every single one of your posts in which you poo-poo on any non Apple platform is evidence aplenty.
  • Reply 53 of 128
    dasanman69 wrote: »
    Apple isn't part of the OHA so it leads me to believe that they wouldn't be part of the OAA.

LOL. That goes without sayin'.

That by itself wouldn't prevent iOS devices from connecting to whatever system the OEM develops.
  • Reply 54 of 128
    mac95mac95 Posts: 26member
    dasanman69 wrote: »

Oooh dasanmaaaan. A true hero. :P
  • Reply 55 of 128
    magman1979magman1979 Posts: 1,299member

I completely agree with those other posters here who've stated this announcement will influence which car brand NOT to purchase. I don't want anything to do with Google, it's services, or Android, and now they're trying to shove Android down my throat in my car?! F*CK THAT! Android, along with all of Google's "services", are nothing more than data harvesting, mining, and tracking mediums for them to expand not only their true business (marketing), but also to help the NSA with whatever nefarious deeds they're scheming now.

Was looking at Honda for my next car, now going to either stick with Mazda or go with Toyota! Honda, you've disappointed me with your incredible lack of engineering judgement!

• Reply 56 of 128
    gatorguy wrote: »
    LOL. That goes without sayin'.

That by itself wouldn't prevent iOS devices from connecting to whatever system the OEM develops.

It's definitely going to be interesting to see how this plays out. Will someone that buys an Audi and owns a iPhone then switch to a Android device so it'll work with his/her car?
  • Reply 57 of 128
    magman1979magman1979 Posts: 1,299member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by R2D2 View Post

To believe that an automotive company is going to alienate a group of buyers by NOT allowing a popular phone to interface with their system is plain crazy! The lack of emotional intelligence contained in some of these post is amazing. I would bet that if you didn't know that an Android OS was working in a car, you wouldn't have noticed.

Yes I would've noticed in a heart beat, and would be selling the rust bucket in a New York minute. I don't want ANY company that's as vile as Google to be in my car, or anywhere else for that matter!

• Reply 58 of 128
    Quote:

Originally Posted by R2D2 View Post

To believe that an automotive company is going to alienate a group of buyers by NOT allowing a popular phone to interface with their system is plain crazy! The lack of emotional intelligence contained in some of these post is amazing. I would bet that if you didn't know that an Android OS was working in a car, you wouldn't have noticed.

emphasis/bold mine

No way, you would know it because you could smell that shitty ass system a mile away

• Reply 59 of 128
    magman1979 wrote: »
    but also to help the NSA with whatever nefarious deeds they're scheming now.

I've seen several Apple commenters claim Google is intentionally feeding the NSA. Did I miss a news release to that effect? If so perhaps you could take just a moment and link it. I remember a recent one having to do with Apple devices and the NSA and even that didn't claim it was intentional. Perhaps you've confused things.
  • Reply 60 of 128
    Quote:

Originally Posted by sog35 View Post

GM - wanna be Toyota

Audi - wanna be BMW

Hyundai - wanna be Merc

Honda - wanna be Toyota

All 2nd tier brands.  Just like Anroid.

Waiting for the nVidia car....

How are you basing your determination of 1st tier and 2nd tier?