GM, Audi, Hyundai, Honda, nVidia officially join Google's Android automotive push

123457»

Comments

• Reply 121 of 128
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Crowley View Post

Quote:

Originally Posted by winstein2010 View Post

I think Apple will buy a car company or just build its own cars.

Please be Tesla, and please take it international!

It's ridiculously overvalued, and moreover, based on a version of Android.

• Reply 122 of 128
    crowleycrowley Posts: 10,453member
    Value is a subjective thing, Tesla right now is being valued as much on vision as on the actuals. And Android can be removed if required; if Apple are limited to only buying a car manufacturer that embeds iOS then... well they won't, will they. Important thing is that the framework and infrastructure for making the iCar is laid out.
  • Reply 123 of 128
    crowley wrote: »
    Value is a subjective thing, Tesla right now is being valued as much on vision as on the actuals. And Android can be removed if required; if Apple are limited to only buying a car manufacturer that embeds iOS then... well they won't, will they. Important thing is that the framework and infrastructure for making the iCar is laid out.

Yes, but Apple will have to pay a premium on top of the current inflated price to buy Tesla. Apple shouldn't do that (and won't).
  • Reply 124 of 128
    crowleycrowley Posts: 10,453member
    Probably correct, but I was expressing a hope, not an expectation.
  • Reply 125 of 128
    For F Sake... Guys, Android ? - Nothing will get updated and there will be 100 different versions... No better than what they have now. :( No Honda for me !!!
  • Reply 126 of 128

You enter your car and it says to you:

"Will you allow Google to track your location?"

"Hell no!"

"Then you aren't going anywhere. Thank you and have a nice day."

• Reply 127 of 128
    tallest skiltallest skil Posts: 43,388member
    Originally Posted by dasanman69 View Post

I'm saying that you'd never ever admit that any platform would be worth developing for whether it's a existing one or one yet to be made.

‘Kay. Again, when you have any evidence of this whatsoever, feel free to post it.