Apple's failure to pay for favorable media coverage flies in the face of Samsung's payola

Comments

• Reply 21 of 316
    One other interesting tidbit about Samsung's advertising funds: A coalition of media outlets in Ukraine has exposed Samsung as the top advertiser on two of the country's largest pirated file-sharing sites:

https://torrentfreak.com/samsung-exposed-as-top-advertiser-on-pirate-sites-131004/
  • Reply 22 of 316
    solipsismxsolipsismx Posts: 19,566member
    mistercow wrote: »
    Maybe there's a reason for the increasing bias?

There is, as detailed in the article.
    Apple has always touted their OS as being much more secure than Android.

Where have they once stated that iOS is more secure. Note that pointing out Android's Google Play store having more crapware and its lack of moderation allows for nefarious apps to be installed is not stating that iOS is a more secure OS than Android.
    iOS 7 is now on version 5, 6, 7?

It's on version 7.0.6, as noted in the article.
    And it hasn't even been a year.

Why should it take a year for an OS to be updated? You really don't understand how SW works, do you? If you think that not ever updating an OS, like most OEM versions of Android means that Android is perfectly safe then you don't understand why those devices aren't being updated.
    That sounds like a pretty good counter argument.

Not even close.
  • Reply 23 of 316
    Originally Posted by Carrier Wave View Post

Samsung as the top advertiser on two of the country's largest pirated file-sharing sites

• Reply 24 of 316
    mistercow wrote: »

You forgot that these are incremental updates. It's 7.0.6, we haven't even reached the 7.1 update so don't get your big boy panties in a bunch
  • Reply 25 of 316

Hehehe. Mario Götze is a German soccer player for Bayern Munich, for those who don't know.

• Reply 26 of 316
    Great éditorial (again)!
  • Reply 27 of 316
    gwmacgwmac Posts: 1,810member

DED, the most hateful and vitriolic Apple basher by any of them has to be that bald Yahoo idiot named Jeff Macke. You can almost see the froth coming from his mouth when he talks about Apple. You would almost swear he was talking about an ex-wife he now hates with a passion than a company. There has to be something going on with that guy because his hatred towards Apple is far too personal and irrational. I would not be surprised in the least to learn Macke is paid by Samsung. 

For example:

Apple's emotional buyback is anti-free market

'iCard' would make Apple shares a steal: Kilburg

Apple slammed! Why buybacks are for iDiots: Macke

New Apple looks like the old Microsoft

• Reply 28 of 316

Ok so Samsung goes on a Appleinsider and search for user who has long history saying favorable things about Apple they contact that user and turns him against Apple fans just to win some money,.and when an Apple fan user wants to say the truth about Samsung products on Appleinsider he can't  

Well done SAMSUNG WELL DONE BUT STILL **** YOU SHAMESUNG!!!!!!!!!

Thank you! Truly intelligent article!

• Reply 29 of 316

Three haters from the UK so far. This DED article is like a honeypot! ;)

• Reply 30 of 316
    crowleycrowley Posts: 10,453member

Who hates what?

• Reply 31 of 316

In running a business the job of the marketing department and public relations department is to push the company's products as being the best a customer can buy and at least attempting to exercise damage control over negative rumors about the company.

Apple is being just plain foolish to simply let the competition screw them over like that in the news media.  Apple knows exactly what will happen when their rivals smear the company with anti-Apple ad campaigns.  It gives the company a bad reputation, it scares off potential investors and puts the share price in the toilet.  Sure, Apple doesn't give a fig because the company as a whole is still raking it vast amounts of money but it definitely does hurt shareholder value and in the long run it could put plenty of doubt into at least some consumers' minds about buying Apple products.  If someone tries to smear your family name, anyone with a lick of sense would fight back and at least refute the claims, although not necessary starting a smear campaign of your own.

There are certainly legions of individuals who go out of their way to disparage Apple in any way possible.  I often wonder if these people are actually Americans and if they are, they should be ashamed of themselves for trying to ruin an American business.  I'm simply looking at this from a shareholder's point of view and it really appears as though Apple is a target for all sorts of reasons that are overlooked when relating with other companies.  I simply can't comprehend how Apple could possibly be harming customers more than the many dozens of Android manufacturers around the globe selling low quality products in the tens of millions.

• Reply 32 of 316
    Quote:

Originally Posted by DroidFTW View Post

I was wondering if that SSL vulnerability would cause a DED meltdown.  Meltdown confirmed.

truth confirmed nothing more.

• Reply 33 of 316
    solipsismxsolipsismx Posts: 19,566member
    There are certainly legions of individuals who go out of their way to disparage Apple in any way possible.  I often wonder if these people are actually Americans and if they are, they should be ashamed of themselves for trying to ruin an American business.

Well, are you ashamed? Your repeated comments disparaging Apple would indicate you are not.
  • Reply 34 of 316
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Crowley View Post

Ranty McRantman on a ranty rant again.

Truth hurts 

• Reply 35 of 316
    This article's title is similar to a recent article about Apple being stingy with giving away customer data to Madison Avenue, which is opposite of what Facebook and Google do. The article made Apple the bad guy for respecting its user's privacy.

Upcoming Twitter garbage...

http://www.cnbc.com/id/101433491?__source=yahoo|finance|headline|headline|story&par=yahoo&doc=101433491|Why isn't @Apple on Twitt
    Via Yahoo Finance.
  • Reply 36 of 316
    asdasdasdasd Posts: 5,686member
    The argument is largely whataboutary and tin foil hat. Not conducive to logic.

This security vulnerability has been there since iOS 6. And possibly 10.8. Not good.
  • Reply 37 of 316
    nkalunkalu Posts: 315member
    Apple shouldn't pay dishonest media for good reviews.
    Let the quality of her products and sales data speak for her.
  • Reply 38 of 316
    MacProMacPro Posts: 19,821member
    Quote: "The close relationship between Android licensees like Samsung and journalists covering the consumer electronics industry has grown increasingly[B][I] sketchy[/I][/B]."

I assume 'sketchy' in USA speak means 'dodgy' in UK speak? In UK speak that would mean vague.
  • Reply 39 of 316
    Quote:

Originally Posted by mistercow View Post

Maybe there's a reason for the increasing bias?  Apple has always touted their OS as being much more secure than Android.  iOS 7 is now on version 5, 6, 7? And it hasn't even been a year.   That sounds like a pretty good counter argument.

Its a piss poor counter argument.  iOS is lightyears more secure, and were like others said here only on version 7.0.6, not even version 7.1.  That is still in beta.  At least apple updates its os, and gets it immediately to end users.  Unlike droid with which its anyones crap shoot when you get your update if ever once it gets past the carriers, chip manufacturers and hardware companies for approval. What a joke.  The difference in updates between iOS and Android are the difference between night and day.

• Reply 40 of 316
    dasanman69dasanman69 Posts: 13,002member
    One thing to clarify. Google is addressing updates and fragmentation by moving API's and new features into Google Play Services. Many people assume (incorrectly) that their Android device will always be up-to-date. This is not true.

While your "features" will get updates, you still have the issue of the core Android OS itself. This is where security comes into play. In order to perform many security updates you need to update the kernel. So you'll still have fragmentation, but only in terms of security, not features.

I'd be worried if I were you, you're starting to sound a lot like Gator Guy. :lol: